Margaret Thatcher dies of a stroke.

Milfner

Really?  I'd be up for that.  On a litter, or what?  Can you arrange it?

Oh aye, but it'll cost you.

Basic litter for two nurses, or a lovely palanquin for a consultant and a WPC?

No I'm not, I just am annoyed that this is being rammed down people's throats and we are having to contribute to and ideally play along with this whole sham. Disgraceful from Cameron and his flunkies.

won't it cost about the same as David Milliband deciding he doesn't want to represent south shields anymore?

No I'm not, I just am annoyed that this is being rammed down people's throats and we are having to contribute to and ideally play along with this whole sham. Disgraceful from Cameron and his flunkies.

won't it cost about the same as David Milliband deciding he doesn't want to represent south shields anymore?

Yes indeed.  Or Louise Mensch departing her little Corby CV-builder.

I suppose the difference is that in one case, we get at least the illusion of choice.

"ahhhh but Labour ....." - good to see you back old phrase, been on holiday?

Did you see any Tory or Lib Dems who have resigned while you were away? No? Ah because they didn't happen I suppose, nor I suppose was it really anything that was pertinent to the point being raised

• Like 1

Merely commenting on the delicious irony from some quarters as to the cost of the funeral. 

As for the favourite Ahhh but Labour line. A tiny bit of research on previous threads has taught me to ignore this remark. Methinks your philosophy is, don't do as I do, do as I say.

• Like 1

Merely commenting on the delicious irony from some quarters as to the cost of the funeral. 

As for the favourite Ahhh but Labour line. A tiny bit of research on previous threads has taught me to ignore this remark. Methinks your philosophy is, don't do as I do, do as I say.

Actually those of us that don't support Labour but nor do we support this government (probably the majority in opposition on VT) are getting mightily bored with the "ah but Labour" points as a counter to any argument as quite frankly they are meaningless to us, we don't support or agree with Labour. So maybe you could try and counter any arguments with actual opinions you hold, with possibly a little reasoning thrown in. It might make for an enlightening time instead of this "My Dad's better than your Dad" playground nonsense.

Unless of course your sole aim is to wind people up

• Like 4

no not to wind people up. But  previous posts seem to come up against this mock, Infact far too many, I made the points much earlier in the thread, before the death of thatcher, about how I thought it was wrong of Milliband to resign mid term, based on the cost of running a by election. This was passed off as inconsequential. (much earlier I made the same point about Mensch). I just find it rather ironic how the cost of this funeral is now of paramount import. Also it's not so much my Dad is bigger than your dad, more I can have a go at your dad, but you must not mention mine. After all, in match threads we talk about both teams, I'm sure you wont get an Ahhh but Fulham this weekend

• Like 2

no not to wind people up. But  previous posts seem to come up against this mock, Infact far too many, I made the points much earlier in the thread, before the death of thatcher, about how I thought it was wrong of Milliband to resign mid term, based on the cost of running a by election. This was passed off as inconsequential. (much earlier I made the same point about Mensch). I just find it rather ironic how the cost of this funeral is now of paramount import. Also it's not so much my Dad is bigger than your dad, more I can have a go at your dad, but you must not mention mine. After all, in match threads we talk about both teams, I'm sure you wont get an Ahhh but Fulham this weekend

I think you've yet again spectacularly missed the point. It is not a game of football, there are MORE THAN TWO SIDES :angry:

In fact I don't even have a side, as sides are undemocratic

As for todays current debate in the Heil, it's absolutely hilarious that they suggest the BBC should censor the chart run down. They even suggest it has been "manipulated" for political gain.

No politics in the chart, that is too much, its going too far

The fact that enough people have bought the song to get it to that position in the charts appears to have escaped them :mrgreen:

At least the new DG had the balls to deny them their censorship. They'll be wanting DLT back next

oh I know that, in the match threads I might mention Villa, and Fulham, I might even keeping the same team that played Stoke, I might even mention not putting Bent on but saving him for the game against Man Utd. I might say Guzan got a lot of stick last year for one performance against Blackburn. The point there though, I have freedom to put my opinions down. I don't get mocked for mentioning any of them. 

• Like 1

oh I know that, in the match threads I might mention Villa, and Fulham, I might even keeping the same team that played Stoke, I might even mention not putting Bent on but saving him for the game against Man Utd. I might say Guzan got a lot of stick last year for one performance against Blackburn. The point there though, I have freedom to put my opinions down. I don't get mocked for mentioning any of them.

Well I think you've just won a few internets for taking a shite inappropriate analogy to ludicrous lengths.

By the way. "ah but Labour" is rarely an opinion, if you offered a genuine opinion, it wouldn't happen. Try defending the opinion you hold instead

The "ah but labour" line only ever seems to be used by supporters of another party (usually the tories). People who don't support any party never seem to use the "ah but Labour" (or "Ah, but the Tories") type of line, because it's, to them, not about parties, it's about actions and deeds and words and events, not about favouring one set of ****s over a different set of ****s.

When I see the "ah but labour" or or "Ah, but the Tories" lines, I just think the person writing it is a twonk, or at best that pointing out that more than one party did something dumb is not much of a defence of anything.

It's why more and more people loathe party politics and party politicians. More interested in denying and deflecting and teflon, than in just being honest.

Anyway, that thatcher woman. Is she dead yet?

• Like 3

Ah so they will not be playing the full version of Ding Dong the witch is dead even though its number 3 in the charts

Censorship in all its glory... Nice to see were adopting North Korean propaganda techniques

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 2

The "ah but labour" line only ever seems to be used by supporters of another party (usually the tories). People who don't support any party never seem to use the "ah but Labour" (or "Ah, but the Tories") type of line, because it's, to them, not about parties, it's about actions and deeds and words and events, not about favouring one set of ****s over a different set of ****s.

When I see the "ah but labour" or or "Ah, but the Tories" lines, I just think the person writing it is a twonk, or at best that pointing out that more than one party did something dumb is not much of a defence of anything.

:clap: Well said Pete and nice use of the word "twonk".

Ah so they will not be playing the full version of Ding Dong the witch is dead even though its number 3 in the charts

Censorship in all its glory... Nice to see were adopting North Korean propaganda techniques

That kind of comment trivialises the kind of censorship and oppression that goes on in North Korea. Then again, this thread has been ripe with overreaction and sensationalism so the comment fits right in nicely.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 2

Â