Team of season 2012/13

Zatman

hard to pick as no real standouts in some positions like goalkeeper or centre back and strangely could only think of 1 player from league winners

keeper.png
Guzan

mancity.png
Zabaleta
swansea.png
Williams
spurs.png
Verthongen
mancity.png
Baines

chelsea.png
Mata
manutd.png
Carrick
everton.png
Fellaini
spurs.png
Bale

swansea.png
Michu
liverpool.png
Suarez

notable mentions

De Guzman

RVP

Benteke.

Nastasic

anybody else got other suggestions

benteke has to be nominated for young player of the year surely even player of season when you consider how poor we have been and how good he has been

i wouldnt have carrick there, probably put demebele has been class for spurs

id have guzan too but i think non villa fans would laugh their heads off at it

his handling has been better than anyones and their arent many better shot stoppers, conceeded too many though, will probably go to cech or someone who has been steady but unspectacular all season

other than that i can see someone like hazard getting in to midfield if you were simply picking 4 midfielders

and is it just me that thinks the young player award needs more restrictions?

saying that because bale is one of the favourites for it along with walcott and wilshere, bale and walcott are 23 and in around their 5 (?) prem season, wilshere is in his 3rd full season

think id rather see an award for best debutant or breakthrough season than "young"

and is it just me that thinks the young player award needs more restrictions?

saying that because bale is one of the favourites for it along with walcott and wilshere, bale and walcott are 23 and in around their 5 (?) prem season, wilshere is in his 3rd full season

think id rather see an award for best debutant or breakthrough season than "young"

Why not have both?

The young player criteria is fine.  If you are 23 or younger on the opening day then you are eligible. If you aren't, you're not.  

We could have a rookie of the year award I guess, but then people would just complain about that if a 28 year old like Santi Cazorla won and try to come up with some other criteria which meant the award would go to their favourite player.   I mean is Benteke a rookie? He was a full international, Belgian title winner and fairly prolific goalscorer before we signed him. Somebody would just argue against that if they wanted a youth academy graduate to win. 

What? The season is over? So we stayed up?!

Happy days.

Team/player of the season nominations get decided quite early, as stupid as that is.

strangely could only think of 1 player from league winners

United have just been a very good 'team', with few real standouts. They have also rotated quite a bit.

It's weird how Manchester United aren't as intimidating as they once were.   Statistically this is the best Manchester United team ever, they have won 25 of their 30 games so far this season and they will break the points record for the season if they keep up their current form. A 100 point season is still mathematically possible and that is quite incredible considering we are in April. 

Edited by The_Rev

Van Persie may have gone quiet of late but he was outstanding up to Christmas and is the reason United are where they are. A definite starter.

It's weird how Manchester United aren't as intimidating as they once were.   Statistically this is the best Manchester United team ever, they have won 25 of their 30 games so far this season. That is quite incredible. 

not just that I think their goalscoring record has been better than recent seasons. Its just strange none of players stand out that much, RVP would have een player of season if he didnt hit a barren run in last 2 months

Van Persie may have gone quiet of late but he was outstanding up to Christmas and is the reason United are where they are. A definite starter.

was between Suarez and him for me. As Michu cannot be left out

Most of Fellaini's contributions have been as a striker so I don't think he can go in as a centre mid on that basis. It's harsh on him, but ultimately it's fair.

Team of the season is never about making a balanced side though is it? You just pick the 11 players you think have been most outstanding and crowbar them into a 4-4-2 whether it fits or not. 

Cazorla gets in there for me, think he has been very good for first season in the prem.

As for all the goals Suarez has scored I still think he is a fairly poor striker. He isn't world class like RVP and co are, gets tons of chances for Liverpool and his finishing is average at best. The chances he had vs us he should have had a hat trick, if that was RVP, Rooney, Ronaldo, Aguero then we would have been smashed. It is just that he is the only player to score the goals for Liverpool these days.

Given that defenders have been poor overall I will change the formation

------------------Guzan--------------
---Baines----
Jagielka---Verthongen
Bale----Carrick----Cazorla----Mata

------RVP---Benteke---Michu-----

Completely unbalanced but oh well :) 

Edited by AndyM3000

Â