Team of season 2012/13

Zatman

Seriously, I don't think you can have 2 Villa players in the team of the season, when you step back and look at it objectively, there shouldn't really be any.

Mmm I don't know but maybe I can't look at it objectively :)

I think both Guzan and Benteke have been surprises this season and caught the attention of other teams fans.

I don't know who I'd put in there instead of them either. The goals Benteke's scored and his style of play. Some of the saves Guzan has made have been amazing too. 

They've both been exceptional, and I can see why they would both deserve to be considered. But you couldn't seriously have more players from Villa than Manchester United in such a team.

They've both been exceptional, and I can see why they would both deserve to be considered. But you couldn't seriously have more players from Villa than Manchester United in such a team.

I'll stick Cleverley on my bench :)

agree he is very underrated. really like that he is also a bit of a nutjob and seems a character

Takes a nutter to do this!

qnmue9.jpg

My team would be

------------------- De Gea ---------------------

- Zabaleta - Verthongen - Evans - Baines -

------- Mata - Fellani -- Dembele - Bale -------

--------------- Suarez -- Van Persie ---------------

Edited by Swerbs

There shouldn't be any villa players in there.

Benteke's been great, but you can't say he's been better than RVP, Bale, Suarez or Michu (I know they're not all out and out strikers but still)

And as others have said, as good as Guzan has been, you can't have the goalkeeper who's conceded that many goals in there. I know it's not as simple as that, but it's not going to happen.

Although to be fair, if I had to pick the team a month or two ago I'd have had Julio Cesar as goalkeeper. He's gone off the boil a bit lately but he was excellent until then.

Benteke's been great, but you can't say he's been better than RVP, Bale, Suarez or Michu (I know they're not all out and out strikers but still)

I'v got all them too :D We're a very gung-ho team  B)

And as others have said, as good as Guzan has been, you can't have the goalkeeper who's conceded that many goals in there. I know it's not as simple as that, but it's not going to happen.

Although to be fair, if I had to pick the team a month or two ago I'd have had Julio Cesar as goalkeeper. He's gone off the boil a bit lately but he was excellent until then.

Why not, if theyve been the best they have been the best. I would have Benteke ahead of Michu because he's been effective in a poorer side arriving a after the season started and he's getting better.

I don't see why there shouldn't be any Villa players in there. We may have been shit this season but Benteke has carried this team all season and outperformed almost every other striker in the league.

Why not, if theyve been the best they have been the best. I would have Benteke ahead of Michu because he's been effective in a poorer side arriving a after the season started and he's getting better.

Im not saying there shouldn't be any Villa players in there because they play for Villa or because we're 16th.

There shouldn't be any Villa players because none of them have been the best in the league in heir position this season

I don't see why there shouldn't be any Villa players in there. We may have been shit this season but Benteke has carried this team all season and outperformed almost every other striker in the league.

I entirely agree.

Could arguably make a decent shout for TOTS with players on their debut season for their club :

------------------- Cesar ----------------------

---- Lowton -- Nastasic -- Vertonghen -----

Hazard -- Oscar -- Cazorla --- Dembele

------------------ Muchu --------------

------- van Persie ------ Benteke ------------

Â