Team of season 2012/13

Zatman

Defending is a lost art in the premier league, on that basis you can really only include defenders who have contributed attacking wise.  In my mind i can only think of Vertonghen and Baines have been outstanding.

Then i'd pick Benteke, Michu, Bale, Mata, Cazorla Lampard and Suarez.  I'd struggle to find another defender, and i'd probably go for Guzan as goal keeper, just for the shear amount of work he's had to do.

Defending is a lost art in the premier league, on that basis you can really only include defenders who have contributed attacking wise.  In my mind i can only think of Vertonghen and Baines have been outstanding.

Then i'd pick Benteke, Michu, Bale, Mata, Cazorla Lampard and Suarez.  I'd struggle to find another defender, and i'd probably go for Guzan as goal keeper, just for the shear amount of work he's had to do.

Chico Flores has been immense for Swansea this season, if anyone.

Distin hasn't been half bad for Everton either from what I have seen.

Tekkers has to be in there for me. One of the top scorers in the league, helps create goals as well as score them and that's all while being just 21/22, new to the league and playing in a poor team battling relegation all season.

Edited by Mantis

I've heard that from a few people this season, including a guy I work with who is a Swansea fan (and was there for both the game where they beat Hull on the final day of the 2002/03 season to avoid relegation to the conference and the cup final this year) and it's kinda odd how Chico has slipped beneath the radar.  Michu has got all the headlines this season, but he wasn't the only £2m summer signing from Spain who has had an exceptional year. 

• Like 1

De Gea (Should be Guzan, but he has just considered just to many)

Rafael, Vertonghen, Chico, Baines

Lampard, Bale, Mata

Michu

Benteke and Suarez

Only two Utd player stand out for me and none from City :)

Edited by Avflife

I've heard that from a few people this season, including a guy I work with who is a Swansea fan (and was there for both the game where they beat Hull on the final day of the 2002/03 season to avoid relegation to the conference and the cup final this year) and it's kinda odd how Chico has slipped beneath the radar.  Michu has got all the headlines this season, but he wasn't the only £2m summer signing from Spain who has had an exceptional year. 

Agreed him and Williams have been solid this season for Swansea, but going give it too him

agree he is very underrated. really like that he is also a bit of a nutjob and seems a character

keeper.png
Kelvin Davies

home.png
Herd
sunderland.png
Kilgallon
qpr.png
Bosingwa

sunderland.png
Gardner

reading.png
Hunt

qpr.png
Wright Phillips

qpr.png
Dyer

stoke.png
Owen
reading.png
Roberts
stoke.png
Jones

bit harsh on Gardner surely Cattermole be better in there :P

De Gea
Rafael - Ferdinand - Verthongen - Evra

Walcott - Carrick - Gerrard - Bale

Suarez - Van Persie

Some players have done a fine job and could easily make the team; like Juan Mata, Jonny Evans, Santi Cazorla, Michu, Christian Benteke, Marouane Fellaini, Pablo Zabaleta and many more.

Stand-outs are of course Van Persie, Gareth Bale and Luis Suarez because they contribute with goals and assists. Van Persie has faded a bit of late, but he has 19 goals and 13 assists already with 6 or so games remaining! Man Utd are the best team this season by far and I have 6 players from their lot included naturally. They are a machine, but perhaps their best player in that setup is Michael Carrick. He never plays a poor game, he hits very few bad passes and makes the team tick. Been impressed with Gerrard as well, because I had written him off completely. Juan Mata was the best player in the league at one point, but then he kind of faded away a bit. David Silva has not made a huge impact this season like he did last year, but 4 goals and 11 assists is fair enough. Hazard started brilliantly, but also turned down a notch. He has 8 goals and 13 assists already, which was contributed by a wicked start to the season. He "only" has 4 assists the last 20 or so games. Santi Cazorla is effective in terms of goals, but his general play is often pretty poor compared to the absolute best. He can be red hot one game and then bang average the next three, so Arsenal's form kind of dips when he is out of it. Walcott has 11 goals and 12 assists in 1756 minutes on the pitch, without injuries that could have been much better. He was unplayable at times.

I guess Liverpool-fans would have this team:

Reina

Johnson - Agger - Kompany - Enrique

Walcott - Gerrard - Henderson - Bale

Suarez - Suarez - Suarez - Suarez - Sturridge

keeper.png
Guzan

swansea.png
Williams
norwich.png
Bassong
spurs.png
Vertonghen

chelsea.png
Mata

arsenal.png
Cazorla

spurs.png
Bale

swansea.png
Michu

liverpool.png
Suarez
home.png
Benteke
manutd.png
VanPersie

You are Garth Crooks and I claim my £5.

Haha :D what's wrong with that team? Very attacking.

Â