Any Audi Drivers?

BennettVilla

they were already in the " shell "of the one I went for so I got them by default ( not sure I'd have added them as an extra )

but very LOUD so if music is your thing then go for it

Edited by tonyh29

I was an Audi fan until I last tried to buy a new one. The sales people were so incredibly arrogant i just went across the road and bought a BMW instead. Service in BMW and Mercedes showrooms is way superior to Audi from start to finish.

Audi have a superb range, they could just do with giving humility lessons to their staff.

I was an Audi fan until I last tried to buy a new one. The sales people were so incredibly arrogant i just went across the road and bought a BMW instead. Service in BMW and Mercedes showrooms is way superior to Audi from start to finish.

Audi have a superb range, they could just do with giving humility lessons to their staff.

Guess it just varies from dealer to dealer as I'd say my (Audi) dealer were ( and still are )very very good ... From my own experiences I'd def put Audi over BMW .....I found BMW standards slipped a few years back , almost like they became victims of their own success

Merc wise I live about 5 miles from Brooklands and so a Mercedes test drive involves taking 3 different cars around on their track ( skid pan , black ice ... An excellent dealership without doubt ... Just a shame their cars are so underwhelming ... Maybe when I'm 75 I'll change my mind :-)

Audi's, Beemers, Mercs etc. are boring. Just buy an Alfa and enjoy looking better than anything else on the road as you drive past your resident motorway pleb in his White Audi, Silver Mercedes or Black BMW.

I've done 145,000 miles in 3 years and I'm divorced. 

Well, I can actually, most people in the office have given in to the craving at some point and bought one. None have ever reached the end of the lease period, nobody has ever gone back to Alfa for another because we're all sheep and want to look the same as each other. My name is Adolf.

They genuinely are pretty though and I want to do what those two men did to cars on Channel 5 a few years back. 

Hahaha I liked the alterations but if you look after them, these issues are just pure myth these days from my experiences. The only major job I've had done is a new clutch at 97,000 on the 159. Other than that, just your usual servicing and recommended jobs. Luckily, I'm a keeper so I do what I can myself and this makes you appreciate them even more. Keep on top of the oil, gearbox oil and follow the service plan and you're laughing. If you have a diesel, get a remap and get the DPF removed as well. Turns the car into a economic motorway muncher (and adds an extra 70BHP)  

Face it, you have done 145,000 miles in Jennifer Ellison whilst I have done 99,000 miles in Natalie Portman (please see example below)  ;) . Oh, and they look miles better inside as well. All open to opinion of course :) .371390472.jpg

• Like 2

Awesome thanks for the advice everyone! Off out tomorrow to try some out should be good!

You must be making a fortune selling all that jewellery!

knoppy

I hope you're bloody happy, i just laughed out loud in the office.

I think i got away with it, told them it was a really good spreadsheet.

Had to look up both women, to be honest, either would do me fine!

For info., mine is a slightly quirky 'old' shape c class, somehow they'd obviously lost one down the back of some German sofa and a year or two after selling the squarer more angular merc models realised they had a slopey curvey old one to get rid of, loaded it with extras and sold it to me at basically half price!

Nice thing is, it's a black esate too, so I can moonlight as a funeral director on weekends.

BMW's way to stiff on the suspension for my combination of sensitive backside and high miles. Mine is auto, with a choice of suspension settings along the lines of 'comfort' (slightly wallowy),  'standard' (dinghy in shallow water) and 'sport' (sport as in a very sporty jelly on a paper plate on a beachball).

set the cruise to 77mph, tap the seat memory button to snooze, knock out all the dashboard lights put something soothing on the 9 (yes an odd number) speaker stereo and snooze all the way home in near silence other than Aqua's greatest hits.

Funny how opinions vary, I've always found the Audi dealership on the Stratford rd have humble polite staff whereas BMW over the road look down through their noses at you and look you up and down before deciding how they'll speak to you.

As for Mercedes I've not had great experience when servicing them and have been attempted shafted a couple of times. I do like the new e class though

dealerships are the random factor that must drive the manufacturers crazy

I tried really quite hard to buy a Jaguar once (in Worcester), I called in had a brief chat, left them my details, my budget, what I wanted and the fact there was no trade in and I needed a car asap. No response in a week. Went back, did it all again, no response.

Unbelievably I tried a third time and stayed there and asked for a test drive, the response was along the lines of, mmmmmm not really possible I'm leaving early today and everyone else is busy.

As for Mercedes I've not had great experience when servicing them and have been attempted shafted a couple of times.

I think pretty much any garage will try and fleece you if they can. My vw was in for a service yesterday and they tried to boost their work by claiming that my brake pads were worn. When I asked how much they told me 60% worn. To which I replied, "so, 40% good then?".

They also tried to claim my wipers needed replacing. I've never had a service where they didn't tell me that so I fitted brand new blades at the weekend. They were at a loss to explain how the were worn after only 4 days on the car and mumbled something along the lines of the engineer getting my car confused with another one. Still, one snotty email to HQ and I've a major discount on my next trip there.

I tried really quite hard to buy a Jaguar once (in Worcester), I called in had a brief chat, left them my details, my budget, what I wanted and the fact there was no trade in and I needed a car asap. No response in a week. Went back, did it all again, no response.

Unbelievably I tried a third time and stayed there and asked for a test drive, the response was along the lines of, mmmmmm not really possible I'm leaving early today and everyone else is busy.

Had a similar issue with Mazda a few years ago. Took them a month to get back to me so I took great delight in telling them I'd taken to driving from London to Leeds to buy an rx-8 that I would happily have got from them if they'd only bothered to call me.

PS, I don't need it pointing out to me that the rx-8 was a mistake ;)

Maybe the fact that I was a cash buyer didn't help. I guess that selling finance gives them all that lovely commission.

I buy cars like everything else, as quickly as possible, so all i want is decent service. I went into Audi Stratford Road to buy a car, and they pissed me off that much I walked over the road and bought a brand that I had not even considered previously, but one I have subsequently found (IMHO) to be vastly superior.

As for Mercedes I've not had great experience when servicing them and have been attempted shafted a couple of times.

I think pretty much any garage will try and fleece you if they can. My vw was in for a service yesterday and they tried to boost their work by claiming that my brake pads were worn. When I asked how much they told me 60% worn. To which I replied, "so, 40% good then?".

They also tried to claim my wipers needed replacing. I've never had a service where they didn't tell me that so I fitted brand new blades at the weekend. They were at a loss to explain how the were worn after only 4 days on the car and mumbled something along the lines of the engineer getting my car confused with another one. Still, one snotty email to HQ and I've a major discount on my next trip there.

Yeah right and they won't piss in your radiator

On dealerships and servicing et al...

My first 'new new' car was a VW Golf. Picked it up, drove home and after a few days decided it sounded like a diesel, full of bag of spanners clatter. Went back to the dealer and told them and I was told I had a classic case of 'new car blues' and it was in my head! First service I wrote them a note saying check the engine. They didn't they said the engineer never saw the note. Anyway, fast forward to my first service out of warranty on year three. They phone me and tell me there is a serious problem, basically, my engine is **** and can't be fixed. The actual words of the techie, he couldn't believe I hadn't thought it sounded ropey.

I asked how much it would cost, they already had the figure, £5,400 plus vat.

me: Fine, go ahead and replace the engine,  phone me when it's done

vw: ok yes we will, wow you seam to be taking this very calmly

me: why wouldn't I be calm?

vw: well, we've just told you that you have a £5,400 bill

me: oh no, I'm not paying. I've got copies of four letters I sent you over 3 years since day one of buying it stating it was a wrong un.

vw: we'll call you back......

upshot was a brand new engine for free 

'twas the last VW I bought which was a shame as I'd have happily been a customer for life

it was because of that I discovered Mercedes and the fact that their interest rates and running costs were actually lower, so win win for me in the end

Edited by chrisp65

Â