Any Audi Drivers?

BennettVilla

I have an A5 3 litre TDi Quattro Sportsback -

I went with the S line gives it a sportier feel , better suspension and a better trim

It's a lovely looking car car , great to drive (and fun ) my only criticism would be that when you open the boot sometimes after it's been raining then some water does drip inside the boat

to add a little bit of perspective my brother drives a Porsche and when we had a race there was nothing between the 2 cars (if anything i slightly edged it) , which hacked him off no end what with mine being a Diesel engine family car and his being a 2 seater sports car :-)

I've had BMW's (3 series ) and Jags (XF) previously .. nothing comes close to the Audi IMO ...

My arse! I've got a 4.0L M3 and it's waaaaaaaay better than any Audi I've ever driven. .

Good luck in the snow with your rear wheel drive though :-)

Grrrrr, the snow is a fair point to be fair.

I see what you mean about dealers. Theres a car in Wolverhampton im looking at getting but halesowen is much closer for me so since there in the same group i thought they would just be able to get it to halesowen for me. The wolverhampton guy wont let them have it. Seems i may have to trail all the way up to there then

I've got a a5 (S line black edition) best car I've had. Only gripes I've had are from rear passengers, but their fault for being fat and tall. I wouldn't hesitate to get another.

I was always a Merc fan but their standards on medium sized and below has really slipped.

Try Audi Coventry , generally cheaper. Or just travel up north somewhere like Bradford or Wigan to bag a better deal.

Re snow, if you dont have the Quattro, take the car out of sport mode and slip into D (assuming multi tronic), then depress the winter mode button. That should improve traction.

• 1 month later...

So I got the A5 S-line 2010.

Had it about two weeks now and absolutely love it! Handles well and nice and quick.

Only thing now is to get new alloys (think the standard Audi ones are a bit naff) and some window tints. Any recommendations on these?

• Like 1

Audi's, Beemers, Mercs etc. are boring. Just buy an Alfa and enjoy looking back to see it everytime you get out of it instead of looking at a field of the same car.  

Alfa's are nice cars.

Just a shame they are so unreliable.

Audi's, Beemers, Mercs etc. are boring. Just buy an Alfa and enjoy looking back to see it everytime you get out of it instead of looking at a field of the same car.  

Alfa's are nice cars.

Not so much anymore

Alfa's are nice cars.

Not so much anymore

not the strongest advertising strapline though is it 'less bad than they used to be'

Ok,  bit of a delay but here we go.  I don't want to start a new thread so I will throw this in here as it's kind of linked (ish)

This is a prototype of an idea I had.  I used the R8 as am example.  

I will meet a guy who owns an AUDI dealership in Amsterdam and the idea is that if someone buys an R8 then they can get an exact copy of it (Paint / seat colours / carpet etc) from me in a box like this one.  LEDS for the headlights and the main beam and interior lights are all on separate circuits / switches.

This took a long time and this one is a bit wrecked as i was trying things (EG drilling the LED holes in the headlight cluster was an afterthought so i had to take it apart again. 

As far as I can find on the internet this has not been done before to a little 1:24 scale model.  All electrics are in the hidden bit of the box but the car is full of approx 100 fibre optics,  mainly in the bonnet on this car through to in the bottom of the box.

As an idea what do you guys think ?  I can do other cars as well quite easily now i have a method.

20130425_223035.jpg

20130425_223125.jpg

20130425_223536.jpg

Lights present for window buttons + 2 on the actual Wheel + all other sat nav and dashboard lights,

20130428_131236.jpg

One fibre dropped out the glass but for the prototype you get the idea.

These LEDS work on there own and are not in the main headlight circuit.

20130428_131527.jpg

20130428_131732.jpg

20130425_223506.jpg

One spare switch.

Please delete post if I have really annoyed anyone by placing it here :-)

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D
  • Like 1

Ok,  bit of a delay but here we go.  I don't want to start a new thread so I will throw this in here as it's kind of linked (ish)

This is a prototype of an idea I had.  I used the R8 as am example.  

I will meet a guy who owns an AUDI dealership in Amsterdam and the idea is that if someone buys an R8 then they can get an exact copy of it (Paint / seat colours / carpet etc) from me in a box like this one.  LEDS for the headlights and the main beam and interior lights are all on separate circuits / switches.

This took a long time and this one is a bit wrecked as i was trying things (EG drilling the LED holes in the headlight cluster was an afterthought so i had to take it apart again. 

As far as I can find on the internet this has not been done before to a little 1:24 scale model.  All electrics are in the hidden bit of the box but the car is full of approx 100 fibre optics,  mainly in the bonnet on this car through to in the bottom of the box.

As an idea what do you guys think ?  I can do other cars as well quite easily now i have a method.

20130425_223035.jpg

20130425_223125.jpg

20130425_223536.jpg

Lights present for window buttons + 2 on the actual Wheel + all other sat nav and dashboard lights,

20130428_131236.jpg

One fibre dropped out the glass but for the prototype you get the idea.

These LEDS work on there own and are not in the main headlight circuit.

20130428_131527.jpg

20130428_131732.jpg

20130425_223506.jpg

One spare switch.

Please delete post if I have really annoyed anyone by placing it here :-)

Fantastic stuff. Truly an amazing piece of work.

You should (And if you already have you are an even bigger brilliant person) make a batmobile.

Thanks guys,  really nice comments.  I don't really have that many people I can call on for feedback so I really appreciate it.

More in the pipe line,  Mercedes next (The gull wing one,  cant remember the name at the moment)

Costs are really low for this and the total parts for the Audi was 100 pound maximum so dunn,  there might be a business in there somewhere.

Cheers i feel a lot better now as one never knows with a project such as this.

:D

Thanks guys,  really nice comments.  I don't really have that many people I can call on for feedback so I really appreciate it.

More in the pipe line,  Mercedes next (The gull wing one,  cant remember the name at the moment)

Costs are really low for this and the total parts for the Audi was 100 pound maximum so dunn,  there might be a business in there somewhere.

Cheers i feel a lot better now as one never knows with a project such as this.

:D

Don't mention it (Well you already have but you know what I mean) but, and I mean I'm just throwing this out there, if you really want to say thanks, maybe, just maybe and like I say just an idea, you may wanna think about bumping that Mercedes down this pipeline, I mean come on, you can't even remember the name, how important can it be? :) And squeezing in a little...Batmobile...in to being your next project....?  Batman_emoticon_by_mhanifw.gif

There might be business in there then.

Â