weekends footnall - 16/17 march - sponsored by andy keenan

Jimzk5

iSYa2hEfCF13J.gif

Quite hard NOT to give that as a penalty. He moved towards the ball, raised his arm and brought it under control.

Not sure how happy anyone would have been if that had happened yesterday with a QPR defender and we hadn't got a pen.

Apart from the fact that Fletcher (the player putting Bassong under pressure in that gif) is offside as the ball comes in and influences how the defender is going to play the ball out, so it should of been an offside call and not a penalty, poor call.

Plus it hits his chest first, not an intentional hand ball.

Apart from the fact that Fletcher (the player putting Bassong under pressure in that gif) is offside as the ball comes in and influences how the defender is going to play the ball out, so it should of been an offside call and not a penalty, poor call.

Fine, so you would have been happy if that hadn't been given as a pen. against QPR yesterday. Very magnanimous and I suspect quite a minority opinion.

It's very questionable whether it hits his chest, but, whatever,I must have missed the bit in the rules that says if a ball hits a player's chest first then it can't be handball if he subsequently controls it with his hand.

C'mon guys, admit it - you're reinterpreting the rules of the game here 'cos you don't like MON,

Fine, so you would have been happy if that hadn't been given as a pen. against QPR yesterday. Very magnanimous and I suspect quite a minority opinion.

Said nothing of the sort, just stating the facts.

WOW that was a penalty for Norwich, piss poor.  

Oneillaphobia - the irrational fear of playing players in there preferred position, most usually playing a centre midfielder at right back, despite having a perfectly good right back on the bench.

• Like 3

It's very questionable whether it hits his chest, but, whatever,I must have missed the bit in the rules that says if a ball hits a player's chest first then it can't be handball if he subsequently controls it with his hand.

C'mon guys, admit it - you're reinterpreting the rules of the game here 'cos you don't like MON,

What about the recent handball?

From what I have watched the last few weeks and with their run home, Sunderland are in some deep, deep trouble.

Typical MON late substitute when it could have been made 20 minutes earlier to better effect. Glad we don't have to put up with that anymore.

Â