Pictures I like

NurembergVillan

MBo3cwK.jpg

A bit of validation for those who say we don't build things like we used to. Shugborough, near Stafford on the very northern edge of Cannock Chase.

A tunnel portal which looks like a **** castle. I mean, why?  It's awesome but why would you build it when hardly anybody who isn't a train driver gets to see it?  The world is definitely a better place for it's existence.

4nim9ha.jpg

There is another one near Brighton too. Clayton tunnel, which even has a cottage as a part of the portal. As you can tell by the net curtains which are up, somebody even lives there. 

Edited by The_Rev

MBo3cwK.jpg

A bit of validation for those who say we don't build things like we used to. Shugborough, near Stafford on the very northern edge of Cannock Chase.

A tunnel portal which looks like a **** castle. I mean, why?  It's awesome but why would you build it when hardly anybody who isn't a train driver gets to see it?  The world is definitely a better place for it's existence.

4nim9ha.jpg

There is another one near Brighton too. Clayton tunnel, which even has a cottage as a part of the portal. As you can tell by the net curtains which are up, somebody even lives there. 

When was in built? Victorian times? I'm assuming it's something to do with the nearby Shugborough Hall (Lord Lichfield's gaff).