Squad for next season

AndyBM

seeing as were definitely going down, and there will be no chance to buy new players, and no doubt most of the proper players at the club will be leaving, it wont leave us with much, so what do you reckon the squad and starting line up will be next season with the likes of given, vlaar, dunne, nzogbia, ireland, gabby, tekker, andi and db9 leaving?

Gk - guzan, siegrist

LB - bennett, stevens

CB - baker, clark, williams, with either donacien or devine promoted?

RB - lowton, lichaj

CM - kea, westwood, sylla, gardner, herd, delph, bannan, carruthers

W - albrighton, dawkins may be the only buy? stieber promoted?

CF - holman, bowery, delfouneso, burke, drennan promoted?

will a 26 man squad, with an average younger age than currently get us back up?

Edited by AndyBM

Why is everyone so pessimistic we are down if we can't beat West Spam today, we have looked better than a relegation threatened team in the last two games, second half against Newcastle and the whole game against Everton

Edited by Avflife

if we went down I think Vlaar, Weimann and Gab would all want to stay and we would need them to bounce back.

As above we need to BELIEVE otherwise we may as well give up now. We have a lot of winnable games between now and season end.

Edited by Foxy1

Weimann, Agbonlahor, and maybe Vlaar will stay will the club. The only "major" sales will be Benteke and Bent. I think we can retain the majority of our players pretty much because they are really championship quality anyway. If we do keep Weimann and Agbonlahor then we have a chance of promotion if we get relegated. I still dont feel confident with our midfield even if we are in the championship though. They are average championship players at best except for Westwood. 

Why would W

Weimann, Agbonlahor, and maybe Vlaar will stay will the club. The only "major" sales will be Benteke and Bent. I think we can retain the majority of our players pretty much because they are really championship quality anyway. If we do keep Weimann and Agbonlahor then we have a chance of promotion if we get relegated. I still dont feel confident with our midfield even if we are in the championship though. They are average championship players at best except for Westwood. 

Why would Weimann and Vlaar want to play in the Championship? I could see Gabby staying on but those two will be on the phone to their agents as soon as the season ends. 

Bent, Benteke and Dunne (contract) will go. The others will remain.

Though if we are able, I think we should shift Bannan and Given.

The rest I expect to stay and get us back to where we belong, seeing as they were the ones who got us relegated.

I would also expect one or two signings from abroad or maybe even from our competition in the championship. I think we will be quite a good draw for some players in there already.

Edited by Tayls

wiemann and gabby won't stay.

• 2 weeks later...

well when we go down, benteke, bent, gabby, weimann, zoggy ireland or given arent going to hang around, theyll want premier league football

dunne will be off as well due to contract expiry petrovs contract also runs out

and theres no chance of buying anyone, who would want to come to us? with no money as well as we want get aalot for the above and what we do get lerner wont reinvest

Edited by AndyBM

Â