The Randy Lerner thread

CI

I remain a Lerner fan. He has been and is an excellent owner for our club. He has consistently invested and continues to do so. Long may he stay. I sure hope he starts to see a return on his investment soon, the guy deserves it.

• Like 2

I refuse to hate Randy Lerner for trying and failing, I think it's petty, childish and to be frank I think it's beneath me.

How did you feel about mcleish? Heskey? Harewood? Hutton? I'm sure the list could be extended.

I don't think i've ever known someone associated with this club defended to the extent Lerner is with the attitude of 'he tried'

because he put a lot of HIS money into the club. Maybe he made mistakes who hasnt (even the "great" Daniel Levy has)but for nearly 4 years he put a lot of money into the club

The thing is people complain that he should be blamed for giving MON a lot of money he pissed away but if he had of said No to Curtis Davies or Habib Beye or Nigel Reo-Coker he would have had people complaining he wasnt backing the manager. Was a lose-lose situation at the time

• Like 1

I refuse to hate Randy Lerner for trying and failing, I think it's petty, childish and to be frank I think it's beneath me.

How did you feel about mcleish? Heskey? Harewood? Hutton? I'm sure the list could be extended.

I don't think i've ever known someone associated with this club defended to the extent Lerner is with the attitude of 'he tried'

McLeish I thought was absolutely useless, but I don't "hate" him per se. I despised the brand of football he peddled but as a human being? Nah. I may have made the odd ill thought post out of anger but I've done the same with Lerner. The others? Well they did try. At least I think they did. I don't hate them at all and frankly neither should you. 

Lerner has done a fair bit for this club, he's put a lot of money in and with a bit more luck or a better man in charge he might well have made it stick. When i say he tried, I mean he tried really, really hard. Now we're off down another path after a series of monumental **** ups (well, two although Houllier is debatable) and I think he's doing a good job. 

Do some people think last season was acceptable?!?!? Lerner has been a complete failure and an incompetent owner who should just get out. He allowed MON to spunk money on shit players. He should have known MON was useless. What about the lack of backing to Lambert. Why doesn't he give him more money? Doesn't he trust him? Useless. We spent far too much on shit under MON when we could have got younger hungry players for less. Now under Lambert we're spunking money on youth and inexperience, not the quality we need. Lerner will never make me happy unless we win the league, then I might stop moaning on and on and on and on and on repeating the same tired arguments over and over and over and over because I obviously have nothing else interesting to think about in my empty little life.

• Like 3

Do some people think last season was acceptable?!?!? Lerner has been a complete failure and an incompetent owner who should just get out. He allowed MON to spunk money on shit players. He should have known MON was useless. What about the lack of backing to Lambert. Why doesn't he give him more money? Doesn't he trust him? Useless. We spent far too much on shit under MON when we could have got younger hungry players for less. Now under Lambert we're spunking money on youth and inexperience, not the quality we need. Lerner will never make me happy unless we win the league, then I might stop moaning on and on and on and on and on repeating the same tired arguments over and over and over and over because I obviously have nothing else interesting to think about in my empty little life.

Interesting.

Nice personal dig at the end as well.

Feel better?

• Like 1

He has been and is an excellent owner for our club.

Last season and the season before that were our lowest point totals in the premiership.

We've had to be concerned about relegation for 3 consecutive seasons.

If he ran any other business the way he ran this club he would be classed as a failure.

McLeish I thought was absolutely useless, but I don't "hate" him per se. I despised the brand of football he peddled but as a human being? Nah. I may have made the odd ill thought post out of anger but I've done the same with Lerner. The others? Well they did try. At least I think they did. I don't hate them at all and frankly neither should you.

Lerner has done a fair bit for this club, he's put a lot of money in and with a bit more luck or a better man in charge he might well have made it stick. When i say he tried, I mean he tried really, really hard. Now we're off down another path after a series of monumental **** ups (well, two although Houllier is debatable) and I think he's doing a good job.

Maybe hate is a bit harsh as a person. He could of course be a decent guy.

I'd say I hate him as an owner, in the same way I hated Mcleish as the manager.

Edited by Big_John_10

I remain a Lerner fan. He has been and is an excellent owner for our club. He has consistently invested and continues to do so. Long may he stay. I sure hope he starts to see a return on his investment soon, the guy deserves it.

3 relegation battles on the trot. If Ellis had dished that up he'd have been hung drawn and quartered by now.

As an aside, can anyone remember the last time we had 3 relegation battles on the trot before? I can't.

• Like 1

He has been and is an excellent owner for our club.

Last season and the season before that were our lowest point totals in the premiership.

We've had to be concerned about relegation for 3 consecutive seasons.

If he ran any other business the way he ran this club he would be classed as a failure.

Maybe hate is a bit harsh as a person. He could of course be a decent guy.

I'd say I hate him as an owner, in the same way I hated Mcleish as the manager.

To be fair, I just genuinely hate McLeish as a manager and as a person.

As well as Robbie Savage, I couldn't think of a human being I would wish the Ebola virus on more than those two...

because he put a lot of HIS money into the club. Maybe he made mistakes who hasnt (even the "great" Daniel Levy has)but for nearly 4 years he put a lot of money into the club

The thing is people complain that he should be blamed for giving MON a lot of money he pissed away but if he had of said No to Curtis Davies or Habib Beye or Nigel Reo-Coker he would have had people complaining he wasnt backing the manager. Was a lose-lose situation at the time

Exactly

.....takes all sorts.

Exactly

Utter rubbish.

If the club had communicated with the fans and made it clear that spending was reaching a level that couldn't be sustained then no one would have moaned at them for slowing down and sorting it out.

They didn't do this though. And on top of that we hired shit managers, spent two more years doing exactly what people blame everything on MoN for and then cut spending drastically in one go.

Ps your thoughts on Randy are idealistic in the football world managers basically run things.... Least that's how it was, changing slowly.

The guy's not psychic and also can't see into the future. MoN was taking us places at the time so it would only be natural to back the manager with the necessary funds to progress further, it's hardly Lerner's fault that MoN spent the money on useless players.

I think it's probably quite a sensible idea to not throw lots of money at new managers such as Lambert, potentially the same could have happened as did with MoN and it would have been money wasted. Now that Lerner has seen that Lambert can do fairly well with a limited budget it would be sensible to give him more money now that he knows he can trust Lambert to do good with it.

• Like 1

The guy's not psychic and also can't see into the future. MoN was taking us places at the time so it would only be natural to back the manager with the necessary funds to progress further, it's hardly Lerner's fault that MoN spent the money on useless players.

Sarcasm doesn't come across well over the internet.

• Like 1

Interesting.

Nice personal dig at the end as well.

Feel better?

Why was that a personal dig? does the cap fit?

• Like 1

I think it's probably quite a sensible idea to not throw lots of money at new managers such as Lambert, potentially the same could have happened as did with MoN and it would have been money wasted. Now that Lerner has seen that Lambert can do fairly well with a limited budget it would be sensible to give him more money now that he knows he can trust Lambert to do good with it.

BINGO....try and convince big John.

Sarcasm doesn't come across well over the internet.

It does once you realise it's sarcasm. Your "like" was what raised the sarcasm alert for me. There have been so many serious posts like that (though not from Kingfisher) that it's hard to tell sometimes :)

Â