The Randy Lerner thread

CI

I always got the impression that he was more passionate about Villa...He will come into a windfall in October, and I guarantee a big name signing in January and considerable investment next summer. Why? Because he'll be flush with cash, and not hindered by ridiculous wages anymore.

I think most Villa fans were uneasy with his dual sports ventures, and his regular stays back in the States.

Now that will no longer be a bother.

Like someone said earlier, now we'll finally be getting the owner we thought we were getting.

This is HUGE news, and it is GREAT news!

UTV!!!!

Yeah we might get 10 to 15 extra to spend a year but no way were going to compete with the big financial teams. At least Lambert will be backed somewhat.

Not sure he'll be in the uk more

Wasn't his time over there more about family than the browns

As for him lashing money on villa, I suspect we'll do ok but it won't be sheikh Monsoor territory

and I guarantee a big name signing in January and considerable investment next summer. Why? Because he'll be flush with cash, and not hindered by ridiculous wages anymore.

Maq you seem confident but surely not able to GUARANTEE anything...... he has an ex-wife to sort out financially - remember?

and I guarantee a big name signing in January and considerable investment next summer. Why? Because he'll be flush with cash, and not hindered by ridiculous wages anymore.

Maq you seem confident but surely not able to GUARANTEE anything...... he has an ex-wife to sort out financially - remember?

Mark my words!

Why so excited about an owner selling something when he hardly bothered to come to VP last season?
He was very wise not to come to VP in a year where he had appointed a stopgap manager to cut the wage bill, almost certainly knowing perfectly well that the season would be a frustrating and unsuccessful one, and that things would pick up after he sold (his controlling interest in) the Browns.

If you're the owner of a big company you don't make shop floor visits during periods of redundancies.

I actually think that's the time when true leaders do make themselves visible (Henry V on the eve of Agincourt & all that). I would certainly have welcomed a bit more visibility form our owner last season.

Why so excited about an owner selling something when he hardly bothered to come to VP last season?
He was very wise not to come to VP in a year where he had appointed a stopgap manager to cut the wage bill, almost certainly knowing perfectly well that the season would be a frustrating and unsuccessful one, and that things would pick up after he sold (his controlling interest in) the Browns.

If you're the owner of a big company you don't make shop floor visits during periods of redundancies.

I actually think that's the time when true leaders do make themselves visible (Henry V on the eve of Agincourt & all that). I would certainly have welcomed a bit more visibility form our owner last season.
He would have been booed. Obviously not by everyone, but enough for a booing sound to be heard. This would not have been good for him or his feelings for the club and its fans. Let Paul Lambert be Henry V, and lets keep RL feeling good about funding the club. I'm actually hugely relieved that he never (afaik) got to be booed by turning up at games last season.

Mark my words!

2/10 and they are largely for effort.

You can't make any such guarantee.

Ex-wife gets a few hundred million bucks.

That leaves a few hundred million for Randy.

Ex-wife gets a few hundred million bucks.

That leaves a few hundred million for Randy.

We don't know about any potential prenuptial agreement...she could be looking at a much smaller figure than a few hundred mill.....

This guarantee of a "big name signing in January and considerable investment next summer", what sort of warranty do you offer with that statement Maqroll

He doesn't need to spend stupid amounts.

He just needs to keep making the right decisions and maybe fully focusing on villa will allow us to have a better long term plan under Lambert.

I think his first aim with villa will be to stop us leaking money left right and centre. I dread to think what last seasons accounts look like. I would imagine Randy took another massive hit.

I doubt villa will see much if any of the proceeds from the browns sale. I expect that money will be used elsewhere.

Very much depends where his head is at isn't it

Â