The Randy Lerner thread

CI

I don't get why people are still clamouring for him to sell us. By far the biggest criticism of him is the spending cuts. If he's selling the Browns that will likely result in more money for us, so why do people still want him to sell up?

Was it? I think most villa fans accepted there was going to be cuts.

I think you'll find its more to do with his decision making. The lack of financial control that forced the cuts, the appoitment of houllier and mcleish which saw two back to back relegation worried seasons.

And like ohiovilla said, the majority of browns fans don't like Lerner because he's a failure. Because like here his decision making with them has been poor.

I'm happy to see what happens with Lambert and obviously if he gets more money and is willing to invest it sensibly then that would be a good thing. But we'll see if that happens or not.

Fingers crossed its us he sells next.

Yeah there's Billionaire Arabs queuing up around the block looking to buy Villa off Randy? Give me a **** break! For every Sheikh there's lots more David Gold's, Carson Yeung's, Milan Mandarić's and assorted other clowns.

I've always said Randy needs to pick either us or the Browns and concentrate on whichever one he picks.

Hopefully this looks like he could be selling the Browns meaning that we will have his full attention (and backing.)

He isn't selling, he's bringing in a new investor. I doubt this will affect us.

Hmm, its currently unclear:

“In connection with current rumors and press inquiries, I can report that I’ve been approached by Mr. Jimmy Haslam, who is interested in making an investment in the Cleveland Browns. We are currently in negotiations and both sides have agreed to keep that dialogue and its details private. Given that any transaction would require League approval, care has been taken so that this process will not be disruptive to the organization, in particular the football team, as it prepares for the upcoming season. We will share further details or make an announcement if it becomes necessary.”

A lot of twatter users suggesting that he will in fact sell the entire organisation.

Yeah there's Billionaire Arabs queuing up around the block looking to buy Villa off Randy? Give me a **** break! For every Sheikh there's lots more David Gold's, Carson Yeung's, Milan Mandarić's and assorted other clowns.

Do you think he would sell to an owner who was not reputable then?

I don't get why people are still clamouring for him to sell us. By far the biggest criticism of him is the spending cuts. If he's selling the Browns that will likely result in more money for us, so why do people still want him to sell up?

Was it? I think most villa fans accepted there was going to be cuts.

I think you'll find its more to do with his decision making. The lack of financial control that forced the cuts, the appoitment of houllier and mcleish which saw two back to back relegation worried seasons.

And like ohiovilla said, the majority of browns fans don't like Lerner because he's a failure. Because like here his decision making with them has been poor.

I'm happy to see what happens with Lambert and obviously if he gets more money and is willing to invest it sensibly then that would be a good thing. But we'll see if that happens or not.

I think youll find ALOT boils down to faulkner aswell. To say its all Lerners fault when hes pumped millions of his own money including a s**t load of flops from MON is very very harsh.

I've always said Randy needs to pick either us or the Browns and concentrate on whichever one he picks.

Hopefully this looks like he could be selling the Browns meaning that we will have his full attention (and backing.)

Or perhaps he's withdrawing from sport entirely and we will be next

Que the QIA stories again

No I'm saying if forced to sell he might not have much of a choice. We aren't a very attractive prospect.

If I was absurdly wealthy and looking for a toy to play with, I'd look outside the Premier League where I'm not going to be consistently outspent by Man City and the other absurdly wealthy clubs.

Now if I was somebody who appeared absurdly wealthy but was really just neck deep in dodgy loans Villa would be ripe for a plundering.

No I'm saying if forced to sell he might not have much of a choice. We aren't a very attractive prospect.

If I was absurdly wealthy and looking for a toy to play with, I'd look outside the Premier League where I'm not going to be consistently outspent by Man City and the other absurdly wealthy clubs.

Now if I was somebody who appeared absurdly wealthy but was really just neck deep in dodgy loans Villa would be ripe for a plundering.

Sorry mate but thats complete garbage. The lot of it. Villa - Proud History,Very good youth setup, Big Fan base, Decent players, Good manager, Big stadium need i go on any longer ... ?

End of the day i dont think theres arabs waiting for lerner to say 'ive had enough im selling up'. Not at all. but what i will say is that if nottm forest/cardiff/leicester type of clubs are getting taken over by mega rich familys/business men etc then please tell me why wouldnt we !?!?!?

Irrelevant of all this i dont want him to sell up unless sheikh mansours nextdoor neighbour gives randy a personal phonecall himself saying hes interested.

This is **** brilliant news. I think Richard's ITK stuff is looking like the truth at the moment. No wonder Lambert was so keen to get on board.

Yipppeeee! Browns and Villa fans united in celebration! :)

Shut up, you're getting me excited :oops:

I think Richard's ITK stuff is looking like the truth at the moment.
Gee thanks ;-)

Although you want to be careful there are those who will rip your tongue out for merely suggesting that

This could be awesome news. For the record, I think things would change with great benefit to us having Lerner concentrating solely on us. And no, I can't say I'm too enthusiastic about QIA oil money if he is selling both.

It does look to me if the Browns are sold in their entirity that redevelopment of Villa Park will happen, as well as more money pumped into infrastructure and players to get the fans into empty seats that will be created. I wait with crossed fingers!

I think Richard's ITK stuff is looking like the truth at the moment.
Gee thanks ;-)

Although you want to be careful there are those who will rip your tongue out for merely suggesting that

Richard did the person who gave you your info mention anything about Lerner looking for investment/to sell the Browns?

Â