The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Can't see it.  Why would any company want to buy us unless it is at a significantly reduced value.

We look like we are going down (in itself not necessarily a bar to someone buying us as you can adjust the price to reflect that) but the money is in the Premier League not in the Chumpionship and there would be no guarantee that we would come straight back up if we did go down.

Too much uncertainty to make any kind of speculation about us being sold worth anything other than a place in the rubbish bin.

On top of that what right minded company which is run for the benefit of making money for its shareholders/stockholders and therefore intent on making a profit would want a Premier League football club hanging like a money bleeding noose around it's neck.  Doesn't make sense.

FFP has killed all of the smaller premier league clubs.  Some of them just don't know they are dead yet!!

• Like 2

If we've been sold that wouldn't surprise me, but if we've been sold to these Phoenix guys then that would seem strange. That's why I wondered if they could be part of the sale process, but not the actual buyers.

I posted on here last October a few pages of TSF book where he says he was involved in negotiations to buy a big football club in the midlands who had been down on their luck for a few years, ill see if I can find them again

25foqz5.jpg

2k3bbn.jpg

the bit about planning permission taking cap to 50,000 and the owner not being interested etc sounds very much like us over Wolves.

Steve Morgan doesn't plan to leave wolves so that only leaves us!! and filling in the North Stand was meant to be 50,000 wasn't it?

Edited by Villan4Life

25foqz5.jpg

2k3bbn.jpg

the bit about planning permission taking cap to 50,000 and the owner not being interested etc sounds very much like us over Wolves.

Steve Morgan doesn't plan to leave wolves so that only leaves us!! and filling in the North Stand was meant to be 50,000 wasn't it?

Wolves got planning permission to increase their capacity to 50,000, just before they were relegated. And Morgan as long been rumoured to want away. Plus I can't see Lerner saying that he want's £40m for VIlla. I'm pretty sure it's Wolves he's talking about.

• Like 1

25foqz5.jpg

2k3bbn.jpg

Wolves got planning permission to increase their capacity to 50,000, just before they were relegated. And Morgan as long been rumoured to want away. Plus I can't see Lerner saying that he want's £40m for VIlla. I'm pretty sure it's Wolves he's talking about.
Wolves got planning permission to go from 29,000 to 32,000 and eventually up to 37,000, not 50,000

Also says "down on there luck for some time" - the the time of printing wolvss had only just got relegated, for 4? Seasons before they were in the prem, hardly "down on luck"

Of course there's a fair bit of misdirection in those 2 pages, you could make an argument for it being us, wolves or even west brom

Edited by Jimzk5

I'm pretty sure that I read 50,000 on the Shropshire Star website although the scenario where that would happen seemed pretty unlikely. The main thing that makes me think he's talking about Wolves though is the part where he says 'lock stock and barrel I'd take £40M'. Doesn't mean to say there's nothing in what he's tweeted today though.

Â