The Randy Lerner thread

CI

It's the title of the thread that gives it away.

Yeah I can read that, it doesn't say plane spotting.

Sadly when you said early today no more jet talk I though you meant it.

Somebody asked a question about Randy Lerner in the Randy Lerner thread for which I could at least point towards an answer.

So, being polite, I did so.

As a 'moderator' I would have thought that you would appreciate that.

• Like 1

For a game, not sure. I am 99.9% sure that the incognito thing is bullshit.

Last visits:

5/12/13 full day

24/9/13 full day

6/8/13 to 8/8/13

16/5/13 to 17/5/13

9/5/13 full day

14/3/13 full day

27/12/12 to 31/12/12

I guess that for the last two visits he didn't attend a game.

It looks like something personal is keeping him from staying away too long, but cynics/critics may read that as loss of interest. I'm not sure that if I was a couple of hundred mill into something that I would lose interest, but then I am not a wealthy man....

he has not lost interest in the club, because his money is invested in it .....he has lost interest in further investment in players.

perhaps he just don't like "duck shoots"

The telegraph has run a story today saying Man City will be found guilty of breaking FFP rules by more than 3 times the allowed amount by UEFA standards and will face a heavy fine or transfer embargo and any 11th hour reprieve is highly unlikely.

They went on to say the deals at PSG and Man City are being closely scrutinised as clubs can not be sponsored by companies that their owners have sizable interests in.

• Like 1

It's the title of the thread that gives it away.

Yeah I can read that, it doesn't say plane spotting.

Sadly when you said early today no more jet talk I though you meant it.

Somebody asked a question about Randy Lerner in the Randy Lerner thread for which I could at least point towards an answer.

So, being polite, I did so.

As a 'moderator' I would have thought that you would appreciate that.

You carry on trees.

Wouldn't want you to become one of those who posts airy fairy "I know something you don't" non-committal garbage, desperate for people to ask them more.

The telegraph has run a story today saying Man City will be found guilty of breaking FFP rules by more than 3 times the allowed amount by UEFA standards and will face a heavy fine or transfer embargo and any 11th hour reprieve is highly unlikely.

They went on to say the deals at PSG and Man City are being closely scrutinised as clubs can not be sponsored by companies that their owners have sizable interests in.

You can't be placed under a transfer embargo. I'm pretty sure they can only restrict players from being registered for Uefa competitions.

They will get a fine, which they will pay with ease and continue on their way.

You can't be placed under a transfer embargo. I'm pretty sure they can only restrict players from being registered for Uefa competitions.

All organized club football in Europe falls under uefa (and FIFA)

There is no way it will stick for the Premier League.

Why? You'd swear teams have never had transfer bans in England before or something...

Why? You'd swear teams have never had transfer bans in England before or something...

The worst that is going to happen for a first time offence is a fine or a slap on the wrists. You already have football lawyers coming out and saying that a transfer ban isn't a possible sanction.

I've long thought that the rules impinge on two of the EU 'Freedoms", ie free movement of capital and people.

I have been saying this for a long time. UEFA will lose in court if it ever get that far.

Technically it's not a transfer ban, it's a temporarily stop to new players being registered to the club. They can still sign and employ and pay them, just not play them in any uefa competitions, so it's not restriction of trade or capital

Edited by P3te

UEFA can't be taken to court over FFP the way it has been structured.

I would also argue at this point that if a club breaks the rule by more than 3 times than the maximum amount and has a dodgy sponsorship also against the rules that a fine would be completely stupid and go against everything that FFP stands for.

If that were the case not many clubs in the big league will take it seriously and the rule will probably get dropped as all it will end up do is generate money for where ever the fines end up.... UEFA? Charity? FA? No idea.

All academic anyway as this will be ruled upon very soon.

Whatever the outcome pitiful fine or heavy sanctions it has a large effect on our club and should move supporter opinion.

Â