The Randy Lerner thread

CI

I do wonder when the fans will turn on the owner. How many more managers will take all the blame before the critiscm comes his way?

Much as it frustrates, the owner is an immovable object who has no influence on what happens on match day.

The protests against Ellis largely didn't work, the anti-McLeish appointment protest didn't work, and the Newcastle supporters' protests against Ashley haven't worked.

The only way to turn on the owner is to withdraw your financial support for the club. Don't go to games and don't buy any merchandise. I suspect that more than a few will take this option.

You could also argue that he has the biggest influence on match day. After all our team today cost less than £15 million yet we're expected to win games.
. Yep.

I remember something about some big brokers being in charge of finding buyers. I guess that could still happen without there being regulatory obligations to tell the market.

According to the guy who wrote the article in 'The Sun' about us being up for sale, Randy has hired someone to broker a deal, well that's what he tweeted at the time, if true lets hope they find someone(s) decent.

I remember something about some big brokers being in charge of finding buyers. I guess that could still happen without there being regulatory obligations to tell the market.

We're a private company, why would there be an obligation to tell the market?

Talking about that 'Sun' journalist, I just had a look on his twitter and someone asked to him about Randy selling up and he replied that he's still looking. How he would know though I don't know.

We're a private company, why would there be an obligation to tell the market?
There isn't an obligation. I was referring to when Ellis was in charge that we were made aware of brokers but now it could be happening without us knowing. Edited by Amo69

Talking about that 'Sun' journalist, I just had a look on his twitter and someone asked to him about Randy selling up and he replied that he's still looking. How he would know though I don't know.

What is his name?

What is his name?

Charlie Wyett

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

Sadly Villa fans are more apathetic now than they have ever been. But I believe that many are wrong to believe that because Ellis wasn't influenced by fan protests that Lerner will not be either. For Ellis, Villa was his life, his "raison d'être" and he didn't give a shit what the "men on the terraces" thought of him. For Lerner it is a hobby that has gone badly wrong. He clearly has lost his passion for AVFC, thinks that he can recoup his losses by imposing wage caps and naively believes that AVFC can survive as a premiership club with players fit for the lower leagues. If we do not go down this season, the current strategy will mean we face years of clinging on and relying on others being worse.

IF the fans make it clear that they are absolutely sick to death of Lerner's mismanagement in my opinion he will not be able to take the flak, will cut his losses and actively seek a buyer. Frankly it is amazing that there has been no protests against him. If Lambert is targeted and eventually sacked I would not trust Lerner to replace him with anyone better or change the financial constraints a new manager would have to work under.

The sooner the fans realise Lerner is at the root of our problems, the sooner they will turn and he will sell. I do not accept that he will simply ignore the fans as Ellis did. In my experience rich Americans are very sensitive to criticism and I very much doubt that Lerner would have Ellis's tenacity.

MON, McLeish, Lambert were/are responsible to varying to degrees for the mess we are in, but the ultimate responsibility lies with RANDY LERNER. He is the common thread. I have heard that he is a decent guy, but he still needs to be told in no uncertain terms that we do not trust him with our club. As for who would replace him - what difference does it make? If you still believe the "bright future" bullshit you are deluded. Our future is bleak as long as Lerner owns our club.

We need to get off our arses, stop bitching on radio stations/forums, quit being apathetic and demand change!!

LERNER OUT!

Edited by MikeMcKenna
  • Like 3

Nah, you're alright Michael. 

I don't agree with just about everything you've written. Lerner's done nothing wrong since he appointed McLeish IMO - he cares about the long term future of the club and the conditions we find ourselves in now are a lot healthier than 2 years back, allowing us to continue to build on solider foundations. 

• Like 1

I laughed at most of the comments made on here today, most of you don't have a single clue.

Read back through the thread for answers.

Of course, everybody else is laughable and you are the fountain of knowledge, with all the answers. I'm just shocked you didn't mention FFP as a reason why this post is laughable, it's the usual excuse.

Mike - great post! Exactly how I feel, I do not understand apathy, or those who jusylt sigh, roll over and go back to sleep. Lerner and co have worked wonders to dumb fans down, take away ambition and fight, it is about time we hit back.

• Like 1

I laughed at most of the comments made on here today, most of you don't have a single clue.

Of course, everybody else is laughable and you are the fountain of knowledge, with all the answers. I'm just shocked you didn't mention FFP as a reason why this post is laughable, it's the usual excuse.

Mike - great post! Exactly how I feel, I do not understand apathy, or those who jusylt sigh, roll over and go back to sleep. Lerner and co have worked wonders to dumb fans down, take away ambition and fight, it is about time we hit back.

So people who don't agree with you have been dumbed down?

You just criticised somebody for making sweeping statements, you massive hypocrite. 

So people who don't agree with you have been dumbed down?

You just criticised somebody for making sweeping statements, you massive hypocrite.

Well the fact is, people made a difference when it came to Doug, yet the same fans are doing absolutely nothing about the mismanagement of Lerner and co. The fans have been dumbed down, I'm sorry if that offends you, but our fan base is asleep as we stroll towards relegation. Nothing will change until they wake up and stand up against Lerner.

For the record, if I was a little more alert , I'd have said "dumbed the fans expectations down" but I've just got in and have had zero sleep. I'm sure you can excuse that fact.

Edited by dodgyknees

Well the fact is, people made a difference when it came to Doug

That is not a 'fact', it is an inaccuracy. Ellis departed when he knew that his time was up (age/health), and when he knew that he could substantially cash out. None of those circumstances were influenced in any way whatsoever by supporters of the club, protesting or otherwise, as his disdain for all supporters was and is completely unwavering.

I suspect that, for much different reasons, Randy Lerner knows that his time is up, and the he will probably have to lick his wounds with some heavy losses, but the cashing out part is the difficult one.

Â