The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Truble is, Bazdavies, you're more spot on than you might think...

There's nowt stranger than truth.

Well he point I was trying to make through rather too subtle sarcasm was that this perfect chairman doesn't exist. The local boy, the fan, the multi billionaire who always gets it right.

OK, if you say so. :winkold:

You on a wind up John?

Truble is, Bazdavies, you're more spot on than you might think...

There's nowt stranger than truth.

Well he point I was trying to make through rather too subtle sarcasm was that this perfect chairman doesn't exist. The local boy, the fan, the multi billionaire who always gets it right.

OK, if you say so. :winkold:

Lives locally, has man city kind of money. Who?

I happen to know someone who is a sincere and local Villa supporter who does not have money himself but has access to overseas people who might well back him. There might, of course, be more than one person of this category.

The question is to what extent he might receive backing. But the idea that money is needed of the Man City category is to him a farce.

He (like me) sees a more level playing field occurring in 2 or 3 years time, so maybe a takeover could take place then.

Sorry John it may be a farce to you and your well intentioned friend but it is football reality

Move on nothing to see here

Move on if you wish, but the financial world is to change big time.

But it will take 2 or 3 years before we see it.

Come back to me at the end of that period and tell me then what you've just said.

well there were rumours in august \ sept that Lerner had a series of meetings with Nicolas Padfield. He was the front man of a rival bid when lerner brought the club. Could it be that the local journo has belatedly picked up on these rumours ?

Even if he hasn't - its only a matter of time - we have a chairman who doesn't get to many games, has scaled back the funding, and has no dialogue with the fans...........what are we supposed to think ?

I haven't heard of faulkner being on the radio - is that true ?

FWIW - I still think Randy could be a decent owner for us. However we need a football bloke at CEO level - or at least someone more enterprising than faulkner.

Hopefully if Randy sells he'll sell to a local billionaire.

Local to us or local to him?

US multi-billionaire Leslie Wexner has close ties to the Midlands and resides in Columbus, Ohio.

I don't think he's into footy though, he's more of a hunting', fishin', shootin' man.

Hmmm, fishing. I wonder whether he has met Doug?

:shock:

If you want to buy a football club as a plaything you need to be ridiculously wealthy now. Even Abramovic's wallet is feeling the heat these days, that's how rich you need to be. That's what it seems many who are contributing to this thread want, rather than see us balance the books as we are trying to do now.

According to some then what we need is an oligarch or an oil sheikh, and the other caveat we got today was he needs to live locally and understand the club and fans. Good luck with that one.

Back in the real world, I think we should continue on the road we're on with Randy, he aint perfect, but who is?

FWIW - I still think Randy could be a decent owner for us. However we need a football bloke at CEO level - or at least someone more enterprising than faulkner.

Agree with this. IMHO a lot of what's bad at Villa is down to Faulkner and a lot of what is good at Villa is down to Randy.

Oh god, it isn't Lifelong Villa Fan Michael Neville is it?
Agh, after reading John's comments, I too have names like Michael Neville, Luke Comer, Nicolas padfield, floating before my eyes.

John Lerwill has destroyed sleep.

Wasn't there a South American media baron linked at some point as well. Cisneros?

Sorry John it may be a farce to you and your well intentioned friend but it is football reality

Move on nothing to see here

Move on if you wish, but the financial world is to change big time.

But it will take 2 or 3 years before we see it.

Come back to me at the end of that period and tell me then what you've just said.

If that all happens then why would Randy need to sell?

Anybody who thinks that football will not continue to be about money is in cloud cuckoo land.

We will only get better with serious ivestment that unfortunately Randy does not have. Bring on the Qatari Royal Family!

Oh god, it isn't Lifelong Villa Fan Michael Neville is it?
Agh, after reading John's comments, I too have names like Michael Neville, Luke Comer, Nicolas padfield, floating before my eyes.

John Lerwill has destroyed sleep.

Wasn't there a South American media baron linked at some point as well. Cisneros?

Comer Bros

Cisneros

Unknown, possibly German, very rich old Lady from Norwich

South African goldmine co

Michael Neville & the £20m a season investors

Nicholas Padfield. QC, unknown investor(s) and Michael Laudrup

Athole Still and unknow investors plus Sven

George Gillett

Randy Lerner

From memory those were all mentioned at one stage or another.

Options

Wait for the fair play rules to kick in - which make it easier to compete in football terms. To me the fair play rules are like turning up at an earthquake with a dustpan and brush. - its easily got around.

Hope for a billionaire takeover - again not happening anytime soon

My main gripes with lerner - is how committed is he now ? - if he hasn't got the money fair enough - but the field of managerial candidates he has picked from worries me greatly. We should be aiming a lot higher, than Mclaren, Mcleish, Martinez....surley ?

Randy is honest enough to admitt he isnt an expert in english football - and buys in advice - I don't like this approach - as i said a few posts back I would prefer us to higher a football CEO.

Â