The Randy Lerner thread

CI

The three games precluding west ham was a loss at Goodison 2-1, a win in the local derby and a 2-2 draw at Anfield but yea were going down and not going to reach more than 31 points according to some supporters. Boo hoo.

What about Bradford, Millwall, Sheffield United.. or Palace, Wigan, Southampton?

"The bigger picture" remember.

I guess that on that basis, the manager should be sacked.

After all, people can dream this thread until it reaches 50000 pages, because the owner is not going anywhere unless someone comes up with £200m-£250m, and why would anyone want to do that?

The manager, players and chief exec are all removable to varying degrees, but the owner isn't.

That is not a 'defence', it's  a cold, hard fact.

I completely understand what BJ is saying. I think a hell of a lot of season ticket holders are becoming completely frustrated by spending money on going to Villa Park. It's not a cheap day out, it's not enjoyable, its not entertaining. This isn't a comment based on losing to West Ham, it's the feeling of a lot of fans who are just sick and tired of paying for the privilege of going to Villa Park over the past 3/4 years and for what? Just to be miserable and feel down?. The season ticket holders I go with are like myself and completely fed up. If it weren't for seeing friends in the pub before the game I really wouldn't bother. I know we pull out the odd decent result, WBA, Man City, Sunderland last season.... but is it worth the money really?

The three games precluding west ham was a loss at Goodison 2-1, a win in the local derby and a 2-2 draw at Anfield but yea were going down and not going to reach more than 31 points according to some supporters. Boo hoo.

What about Bradford, Millwall, Sheffield United.. or Palace, Wigan, Southampton?

After all, people can dream this thread until it reaches 50000 pages, because the owner is not going anywhere unless someone comes up with £200m-£250m, and why would anyone want to do that?

The manager, players and chief exec are all removable to varying degrees, but the owner isn't.

Admit it, you have a "batman" type signal for when people post negative things about Lerner. :D

I'm not suggesting the manager isn't to blame, it is all part of the destruction of our club over the past four years - one that will end in relegation.

Lerner staying will see us relegated.

• Like 1

Admit it, you have a "batman" type signal for when people post negative things about Lerner. :D

I'm not suggesting the manager isn't to blame, it is all part of the destruction of our club over the past four years - one that will end in relegation.

Lerner staying will see us relegated.

I am pretty negative about the owner myself, I just look at all of the angles and see things from all sides. 

Besides that he has even received a 50% approval rating from his harshest critic in the 'obscurity' thread ;)

Fact is fact though. He isn't going anywhere, and there is nothing that anyone can do about it.

Not based on any sound deductions, but I think Randy will be gone soon, I think the very fact that we are spending so little and that Lambert hasn't been sacked points to the idea that Rand is expecting that he might leave soon too or that he's hopeful that he might be. As for this 250 million maybe he might lower the price, I don't know though I won't pretend to know what I'm talking about, but won't he lose out even more the longer he keeps us?

I think He knows he is going hence half promising the enhanced money to Paul Lambert and a renewed contract.

I think he is trying to reward him for what PL has done for him personally and because he knows who is likely to take over has the confidence to say money will be available ( what he doesn't say is who from)

In light of the money spent on Bent & Nzogbia... as just 2 examples, (perhaps a similar sum spent by Liverpool on Suarez and Sturridge),Illustrates the ineptitude we have been working with.

I think who ever presides over our club needs to action a major rethink in relation to our Scouting structure and performance.

It is one of the most, if not the most important aspects of our club and in recent times IMO has been abysmal....we need a major overhaul of its function, if we are to reinvest more monies to recruit better players.

We have been burnt once......NOT AGAIN PLEASE.

Edited by TRO

I completely understand what BJ is saying. I think a hell of a lot of season ticket holders are becoming completely frustrated by spending money on going to Villa Park. It's not a cheap day out, it's not enjoyable, its not entertaining. This isn't a comment based on losing to West Ham, it's the feeling of a lot of fans who are just sick and tired of paying for the privilege of going to Villa Park over the past 3/4 years and for what? Just to be miserable and feel down?. The season ticket holders I go with are like myself and completely fed up. If it weren't for seeing friends in the pub before the game I really wouldn't bother. I know we pull out the odd decent result, WBA, Man City, Sunderland last season.... but is it worth the money really?

There are many I know, who are now questioning the merits of a season ticket.

I don't want to see gates drop but I fear they will, that unfortunately is the only time action will be considered.

I'm still not in favour of sacking him,( but this can't go on indefinately) but I am in favour of hearing some tangible reasons why our home form is so turgid.

Right now, too many of us are unsure whether he is simply out of depth or has had a too big a task to deal with....in which case throw up slightly different likely outcomes.

Edited by TRO

There are many I know, who are now questioning the merits of a season ticket.

I don't want to see gates drop but I fear they will, that unfortunately is the only time action will be considered.

I'm still not in favour of sacking him,( but this can't go on indefinately) but I am in favour of hearing some tangible reasons why our home form is so turgid.

Right now, too many of us are unsure whether he is simply out of depth or has had a too big a task to deal with....in which case throw up slightly different likely outcomes.

I often wonder about disillusioned ST holders, why they leaven and whether they ever come back.

Two blokes next to us announced, after O'Neill's second season, that they wouldn't be back, because the football was so dire. I assume that those two guys don't even bother to watch us on TV now!

I should imagine that a number deserted during the McLeish time, and a number deserted after last season.

Just imagine if we had a combination of a decent manager and decent players and they all came back. Then you would need to expand the ground.

But former season ticket holders rarely return..

Alright cry babies (you know who you are)

Tell me what should have been done IN DETAIL and show me where the money should have come from to do it and how that would fit with FFP rules.

Also please tell me exactly why things wont be getting better now we are heading to a new transfer budget with a full squad.

Go for it or will I get well we shouldnt have done this or we should have ignored finances and brought players in January balls that you guys usually turn out.

Edited by suttonpaul

Alright cry babies (you know who you are)

Tell me what should have been done IN DETAIL and show me where the money should have come from to do it and how that would fit with FFP rules.

Also please tell me exactly why things wont be getting better now we are heading to a new transfer budget with a full squad.

Go for it or will I get well we shouldnt have done this or we should have ignored finances and brought players in January balls that you guys usually turn out.

FFP. :D  All the other clubs are fiddling it. FFP means nothing. If we had all the answers we would be working for our club. But to admit there is no option but to carry on as we are and wait for that special moment in time is truely feeble!!!

Your the one who has given up on the club by the sound of it and happy with 'obscurity'!!!

• Like 1

ditto ... fed up of returning home,throwing my coat at the sofa & feeling crap, enough is enough sometimes..more fishing next year for me

• Like 1

So what happens if we get relegated then? That still is a massive possibility with how we're playing. Is he still going to be given a war chest like everyone is speculating? 

There has been a load of mistakes made by both manager and owner. It's all contributed into how shit we are now. I can't see how you call us cry babies, i just want what's best for the club and right now i'm seeing NOTHING that would suggest it's going to get better.

• Like 1

So far all the replies have a total of nothing.

As for the relegation talk that would be down to Lambert not Lerner he chose to buy Kozak and Tonev in the summer rather than an attacking midfielder to give us an option of breaking teams down who don't attack us like yesterday.

Regardless we wont go down we only need a dozen points.

Just for TheTrees information from my earlier post

Paul Lambert has revealed owner Randy Lerner has attended games in disguise.

Lambert insists Lerner remains committed to the club.

Lambert said: “How do you know he doesn’t attend games?

"He comes to games. He might not sit where you think he sits. I’m not going to tell you where he sits.

"But you can’t go with the word on the street. You’ve got to go with facts. Randy watches games."

Â