The Randy Lerner thread

CI

There must be loads. He wouldn't have come in on his high horse otherwise.

Better men than me have tried to reason with you but its obvious nothing is going to change your mind is it?

The fact we are on an even keel and not spiralling into bankruptcy is not a bad start?

The fact that we are actually trying to play, albeit with a young and inexperienced side at this level.

The fact we persuaded Benteke to stay in the summer against the odds.

The fact that highly paid journeymen are being ousted from the club.

The fact our players are no longer hanging one on and then abusing our the coaches (legend at that)

Watching the club I love lose to a poor West Ham side, alongside my son who has never seen Villa lift any silverware is not my idea of fun either. Difference is, I do not spend all my evenings venting my splein to a group of people who frankly skip the posts because they know what the content will be just by looking at your user name!

You make a lot of valid points i agree with and im glad the club are sorting them out. But i do have to question the bankruptcy statement. Lerner owns the club so we arent near bankruptcy, especially when our finances are run as that of a championship club over the past 2 years giving the wages and transfer fees Lerner forks out

Better men than me have tried to reason with you but its obvious nothing is going to change your mind is it?

The fact we are on an even keel and not spiralling into bankruptcy is not a bad start?

The fact that we are actually trying to play, albeit with a young and inexperienced side at this level.

The fact our players are no longer hanging one on and then abusing our the coaches (legend at that)

Watching the club I love lose to a poor West Ham side, alongside my son who has never seen Villa lift any silverware is not my idea of fun either. Difference is, I do not spend all my evenings venting my splein to a group of people who frankly skip the posts because they know what the content will be just by looking at your user name!

You make a lot of valid points i agree with and im glad the club are sorting them out. But i do have to question the bankruptcy statement. Lerner owns the club so we arent near bankruptcy, especially when our finances are run as that of a championship club over the past 2 years giving the wages and transfer fees Lerner forks out

Im just hoping your not saying only Lambert could have done this????

After that game why on earth would I change my mind.

Its a positive that we're not spiralling into bankruptcy? Get the flags out. We earn more money than most prem teams this is hardly worth a cheer.

The fact that we are actually trying to play

You don't watch us much do you?

That was a positive, I'll give you that.

And replaced with?

Clutching now. I knew it didn't take much to impress you.

Watching the club I love lose to a poor West Ham side, alongside my son who has never seen Villa lift any silverware is not my idea of fun either

So why defend the owner?

Difference is, I do not spend all my evenings venting my splein to a group of people who frankly skip the posts because they know what the content will be just by looking at your user name!

Wait..you mean a few strangers on the internet don't like what I post?.....not sure how I'm going to cope.

Im just hoping your not saying only Lambert could have done this????

No im not saying that, but any other manager may not have had the stomach to do it. If rumours are to believed, OGS, Martinez, Benitez, Jol weren't interested in doing it.

Go home Lerner you are killing the club I love, the manager should have been backed reasonably in the January transfer window to give ourselves a better chance of survival but obviously wasn't, my money is on us getting relegated this year and to me the blame would lie firmly with the man that has only backed his manager enough to bring in shite, F**K off Lerner.....

I take the rough with the smooth and see the bigger picture, that stops me 99% of the time having a 'modern fan cry' after losing a game.

Oh yes, this bigger picture, so big everybody can see it.

Go home Lerner you are killing the club I love, the manager should have been backed reasonably in the January transfer window to give ourselves a better chance of survival but obviously wasn't, my money is on us getting relegated this year and to me the blame would lie firmly with the man that has only backed his manager enough to bring in shite, F**K off Lerner.....

You don't have to tell him to go home, he never leaves.

When a club gets so desperate about itself that it has to ban long standing and well respected supporters from the Directors area and the spin machine has to get into gear to lie about the owner attending games then the writing is on the wall - DOOMED I tell ya we're DOOMED!

Did Lambert actually say that? It seems strange that the spin machine would come up with something when they know that the owner's movements are monitored, and therefore any such statement is easily disprovable. Unless it was an off the cuff remark from PL during a press conference, over which the club would have no control.

Plus most of us don't give a shit whether he attends games or not.

I take the rough with the smooth and see the bigger picture, that stops me 99% of the time having a 'modern fan cry' after losing a game.

Its been nearly 4 years! What the **** are you going on about.

Last year we won 5 home games, the last time we did that was 1890.

Last year we lost 9 home games, that's the joint worst in the clubs history.

The year before we won only 4 home games and thats the worst in the clubs history.

Modern fans crying is because thanks to our owner the modern fans are seeing some of the worst results the club has ever produced. Think about that for a second. We're not talking a bad couple of weeks, we're talking the worst in the history of the football club.

Not for long.

• Like 1

Not for long.

Exactly but it's just modern fans crying. What an idiotic thing to say.

I take the rough with the smooth and see the bigger picture, that stops me 99% of the time having a 'modern fan cry' after losing a game.

Not just the one loss is it?

Unless we played two games today..... Yes.

This coming from someone claiming to see the "bigger picture"

Â