The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Various boos around the ground when Bennett came on

Whilst Bennett is shite, perhaps the booing was more to do with the fact we were 2-0 down and rather than change things it was a left back and not, for example, Helenuis who came on.

So the decision, not the player.

Maybe, but a shame that the boos coincided with the announcement of the player's name.

Bearing in mind that, although I didn't know who was waiting to come on, I knew that it wasn't Helenius, and I suspect that everyone else was equally aware.

Various boos around the ground when Bennett came on

Whilst Bennett is shite, perhaps the booing was more to do with the fact we were 2-0 down and rather than change things it was a left back and not, for example, Helenuis who came on.

So the decision, not the player.

It wasn't. It was exactly at the time when his name was called.

Boooo to the fans.

Why can't you make a comment without antagonising people?

It's clearly been stated that IT'S THE MINORITY that booed Bennett when he came on. Surely you agree that those SMALL PERCENTAGE OF FANS are a disgrace?

But typically you'll make it out that people are moaning about the entire fan base.

I can't speak for how it sounded on the tv but at the game when he came on although a few boo'd it certainly wasn't enough to make it an issue and far more clapped him on, including myself, although as I said in the Joe Bennett thread at that stage most fans were not fussed either way and just totally pissed off.

We have some serious problems at this football club.The booing of Joe Bennett by a few knob heads isn't one of them.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

Boooo to the fans.

It's clearly been stated that IT'S THE MINORITY that booed Bennett when he came on. Surely you agree that those SMALL PERCENTAGE OF FANS are a disgrace?

But typically you'll make it out that people are moaning about the entire fan base.

I know it's difficult to ascertain but were the fans booing Bennett or were they booing Lambert for, what seemed like, an odd substitution when we were 2-0 down at home to a shit team?

I'm not advocating booing but Lambert deserves all the stick he gets because we should be performing better at Villa Park.

Boooo to the fans.

We have some idiot fans. Which team doesn't?

I'm not surprised that after that display you and thetrees have come on the Lerner thread to moan about a small minority of fans.

Boooo to the fans.

We have some idiot fans. Which team doesn't?

I'm not surprised that after that display you and thetrees have come on the Lerner thread to moan about a small minority of fans.

Right, I have to just moan about how badly we played and I'm not allowed to comment on anything else?

I've already said how poor it was in other threads.

New owner, new manager, new squad please

:thumb:

Perhaps new supporters as well.

Any club with 'supporters' who boo a young kid entering the field in a Villa shirt is really shit.

This, the reception Bennett got today after returning from injury was disgusting.

Tired of reading the short tempered, short sighted responses of Armchair fans on this site! Big John, I cannot recall reading a single positive from you about the club this season. To be fair, your boring.

The Owner, Manager and Team are what they currently are and one internet warrior is not going to change that. If you are a fan, act like one!

• Like 1

Haha sorry I didn't realise my goal was to entertain someone like you. And actually considering you don't seem too unimpressed with today's performance it would probably be quite easy to do so.

You tell me whats there to be positive about a 4th consecutive relegation worried season. Let me know what I'm missing.

Haha sorry I didn't realise my goal was to entertain someone like you. And actually considering you don't seem too unimpressed with today's performance it would probably be quite easy to do so.

You tell me whats there to be positive about a 4th consecutive relegation worried season. Let me know what I'm missing.

Its not your role, in fact nothing would give me more pleasure than to not hear from you at all but unfotunately your negativity litters every post on this forum. Its like being force fed downers.

I do admire your foresight though! Quite how you worked out I was impressed today by my original post is remarkable.

The reason we are where we are is because four years ago we pissed away the crown jewels and now we are trying to rebuild. Unfortunately, we will not get continuity in that rebuild if we change manager each season. Lambert may or may not be the man to complete that rebuild but at the moment he is the Manager and gets my support, as do the Team.

• Like 1

Sorry I've missed the positives there. What are they again?

You don't think the following 2 years after MON have anything to do with our current position? You're right we might not do well if we keep changing manager but equally sticking with the wrong manager will do nothing to improve our future.

He's the manager so he gets my support. Now that's boring.

New owner, new manager, new squad please

:thumb:

Perhaps new supporters as well.

Any club with 'supporters' who boo a young kid entering the field in a Villa shirt is really shit.

This, the reception Bennett got today after returning from injury was disgusting.

Tired of reading the short tempered, short sighted responses of Armchair fans on this site! Big John, I cannot recall reading a single positive from you about the club this season. To be fair, your boring.

The Owner, Manager and Team are what they currently are and one internet warrior is not going to change that. If you are a fan, act like one!

I'm struggling to think of anything he or any other fan come to think of it should be positive about this season.

Perhaps you could enlighten us??

Last season we won 5 home games. The last time this club won only 5 home games in a season was 1890.

Under McLeish we won 4 home games, that's the lowest amount of home wins during a season in the clubs history.

We currently have 3 home wins.

Amazing that we still get 37,000 fans turning up each home game.

Â