The Randy Lerner thread

CI

For once I will not be blaming Lerner for the signing of Holt!

I would rather go without a striker than pay that fat useless prick every week!

Shows the manager to be completely out of his depth!

Grow a pair Lerner and sack this man!

• Like 1

Shows the manager to be completely out of his depth!

Or it shows he thinks  he needs another attacking body in there but he's happy enough that what he's got will do the job for the most part, so he wanted to spend absolute buttons as a just in case and Grant Holt was as cheap as it got?

Red bull my toot. We have been scraping money from behind the sofa for the past 18 months. A deal to sell doesn't take that long to a particular buyer like red bull. It's just Lerner being tight and not getting burnt again

He seems like he has just lost the confidence to buy

Let's face it......if you buy with prudency (and that does not necessarily mean bargain basement, but it could be) it could actually be a money spinner.

Edited by TRO

Red bull my toot. We have been scraping money from behind the sofa for the past 18 months. A deal to sell doesn't take that long to a particular buyer like red bull. It's just Lerner being tight and not getting burnt again

I imagine you've bought and sold a few football clubs in your time?

• Like 3

I was reading the villa blog just now and someone there had mentioned that he'd heard something was going on behind the scenes regarding a takeover and his guess was that it might involve Cortese so maybe thats where it started. Someone else on there claimed that they too had also heard what he mentions, not the part about Cortese though. But with or without the rumours I've a feeling that something might be on the horizon.

• Like 1

Wait...so the bank has stopped at southampton and he wants to take over us for some reason?....Whats to say the same won`t happen here in 2 years time? 

Then we would just find another friggin chairman whats your point? their is a deeper story with Southhampton so its seems like u are just posting for effect.

I think people are barking up the wrong tree with Cortese, I think the feeling is that he might end up at Milan, there's even talk that he could return to Southampton as part of new consortium. But as I say with everything now I think it's pointing to Randy's departure I guess it's just a question of how long will it take and lets hope it's all for the best.

Wait...so the bank has stopped at southampton and he wants to take over us for some reason?....Whats to say the same won`t happen here in 2 years time? 

Then we would just find another friggin chairman whats your point? their is a deeper story with Southhampton so its seems like u are just posting for effect.

How is that a good thing? A good chairman is vital, it`s not something you should change around every couple of years.

That there are deeper troubles are fine but the consequences matter. Before you know it the new venkys could own us. 

From what I gather, apparently Nicola Cortese is leading a consortium with wealthy backers to buy us. Anybody else heard anything? 

Sounds like people are putting 1+1 together since Cortese left Southampton and making up their answers in my opinion.

• Like 2

Â