The Randy Lerner thread

CI

The McLeish effect is still hurting the club. He was such a bad appointment, but his signings will be the ultimate slap in the face. It's certainly the last time for a wile we will see this club pay out £40-60k a week on wages and 5 year £60k a week on a past it 35 year is just rediculous when you look at it, and then Nzogbia and I'm not even mentioning Hutton...oh shit I just did.

If Lerner doesn't sanction at LEAST 5m for a transfer/s, then it's time for "LERNER OUT" banners, IMO. One mistake after another, a complete misunderstanding of the business he's in, and to top it off, he's invisible and basically unaccountable.

Sick of it.

• Like 1

Our marketing so far as i see is awful in some area's. I have lost count of the number of sales catalogues, high st stores and the like both here and abroad which are crammed with Man U, Liverpool, Man City, Arsenal, Spurs kits and merchandise but never Villa. Why is that? It's really infuriating. All we get is a couple of images of Villa Park on the flash images on Sky Sports and the like.. Other than that what exactly does this club do marketing wise? A few posters round Brum? It's Shocking. We have never tapped into the oriental market either which is huge... Even in Scandinavia where this club is still big we do little... I just don't get it?... I know we are not a very marketable product at present but even so! Where's the creativity? 

It also baffles me how we are the 8th highest club attendance wise  and surely the best supported "rubbish" club. I strongly believe that with a bit of consistent and real success we would rapidly become one of the best supported of all the clubs so there is surely the incentive to invest and speculate to make it happen? and yet we act like a Championship club?

Utterly ridiculous and all those at the top should hang their heads in shame in my opinion.

If we are so skint why not sell the naming rights to Villa Park or whatever like Man City? Why not invest in the Aston and Birmingham area? it's endless what could be done surely?.

If Lerner doesn't sanction at LEAST 5m for a transfer/s, then it's time for "LERNER OUT" banners, IMO. One mistake after another, a complete misunderstanding of the business he's in, and to top it off, he's invisible and basically unaccountable.

Sick of it.

If we cant spend 5m in a transfer window then i'd be seriously surprised. Saying that lambert wanted 7 players in the summer and got what 14m? Suppose would want 3 players for that kind of money.

Football is like the housing boom and it's all going to come crashing down with a bang. Forget all the clubs in England who are in debt, Spain is twice as bad. Spending money way beyond your means will eventually catch up with you. Basic economics will tell you that.

My problem with Lerner is that he isn't even spending within the clubs means. Yes, of course cut back, but don't turn off the tap completely

Spot on. We've gotten used to 30 odd years of cheap credit and it seems as if the only solution out there is to spend even more. It's like a crack-addicted economy.

Lerner's positioning is telling.

Surely we will find out in this window or the next what Randys ambitions actually are. The books are in order(according to the villa trust) and Ireland, Given, Bent and Hutton will/hopefully be gone leaving their wages to be reinvested in more quality. September 1st 2014 will be when I personally decide which side of the fence I am on, until then I can see the points both camps make.

• Like 2

Surely we will find out in this window or the next what Randys ambitions actually are. The books are in order(according to the villa trust) and Ireland, Given, Bent and Hutton will/hopefully be gone leaving their wages to be reinvested in more quality. September 1st 2014 will be when I personally decide which side of the fence I am on, until then I can see the points both camps make.

Sept 1 2014 might find us in a lower division. This club is in a crisis. We need some more quality players, now. Or at least one AM who can fill the gaping hole that exists there now...

Pretty sensible stance i have to say..It is really difficult to keep patient with the happenings at the club currently but i guess it will indeed be this window and in the summer when we truly see what Randy Lerner is all about. The current policy drives me to distraction i have to admit but if we can somehow survive again this season and then things change then so be it. Lets just hope we do survive though, which i think it's fair to say is by no means a certainty.

There's always a chance we could go down of course. Do I think we will, no. We looked more certain last year and only signed Sylla and Dawkins :( this year despite Lambert lambasting what wages certain people are earning nowadays I think our transfer business will be better.

incapable of defending your self & proving your credentials in direct comparison vis a vis Randy Lerner.

What on earth are you on about? Like I said this stupid point could be made to anyone who is critical about the manager or player. Did you say this to people who questioned or were critical of heskey? Doug? McLeish? Of course you didn't.

Just confirming my original point which is given all your perfect hindsight why aren't you the Chairman. If this point is so stupid why can't you come up with a valid answer?

You are not the Chairman & you have still not come up with one single positive reason as to why you're a better man than Randy.

Well i have no failed marriages, i haven't spent a fortune of my families money and struggle to get it all back and i haven't pissed off thousands of people in two different countries.

Yet another classic case of character assassination & negative spin on Randy Lerner thus confirming every point I have raised about your attitude towards him.

You are not the Chairman & you have still not come up with one single positive reason as to why you're a better man than Randy.

Well i have no failed marriages, i haven't spent a fortune of my families money and struggle to get it all back and i haven't pissed off thousands of people in two different countries.

Yet another classic case of character assassination & negative spin on Randy Lerner thus confirming every point I have raised about your attitude towards him.

Big John can't stand the guy and I agree with every point he has made about Lerner. Are we not allowed to be unhappy with the clubs owner?

• Like 1

Big John can't stand the guy and I agree with every point he has made about Lerner. Are we not allowed to be unhappy with the clubs owner?

Are not others allowed to be happy with the owner?

Or you have to be able to bring on new channels of revenue, Lerner has failed doing both.  

Hasn't the club increased non tv revenue at almost the same % increase as tv revenue?

No.  The May 2012 accounts show that every single line of income decreased.  TV money was down, match day income was down, commercial income was down,

Are not others allowed to be happy with the owner?

Only some kind of Villa masochist would be happy with what Lerner is doing to our club. Are you for real?

• Like 1

incapable of defending your self & proving your credentials in direct comparison vis a vis Randy Lerner.

What on earth are you on about? Like I said this stupid point could be made to anyone who is critical about the manager or player. Did you say this to people who questioned or were critical of heskey? Doug? McLeish? Of course you didn't.

Just confirming my original point which is given all your perfect hindsight why aren't you the Chairman. If this point is so stupid why can't you come up with a valid answer?

You started with the utterly ludicrous argument of why people who criticise chairmen aren't in that position themselves.  It's precisely because your point is so stupid that he can't come up with a valid answer.

• Like 1

Â