The Randy Lerner thread

CI

In the absence of any contrary information, it is clear to me that people are only appointed in Randy's regime on the basis of nepotism.

Paul Faulkner to me is completely out of his depth and is just a puppet for a faultering regime that is supported by a reluctant billionaire.

Its all a poor excuse.

don't get me wrong, I can see all the shit they have had to deal with, mainly poor signings that have cost the club, dear, but taking a hammer to crack a nut is neither the answer.... two wrongs don't make a right.

The pair of them are making a hams fist of a great football club.

Wish I knew what his plans were

Most of us are worried that lerner himself doesn't know what the plans are.

I guess it is to keep us in the premier league with minimum spend for the next 5 years or so and then sell up?

But is it even that ? - Last Jan when we were in the relegation mire - he found barley £1m for his manager. How bothered is he about our premiership status....????

I heard Franksy after the game today say Lambert was offered 15m last January and he didn't want to spend it? 

I can't believe that is true - 1)I don't believe Lerner would sanction £15m  2)Id be even more surprised if he turned it down - I mean we were supposed to be after sissoko but couldn't afford him...

I don't know whether comments like that are right or wrong.... but a sure way to stay in a job or have empathy from the board is spend NO money.

Its only when results don't come on the back of spending money, does the sack follow.

spend no money and get no results, might buy you time.

These managers are on c 1 mill per annum..... is it any wonder a medium term strategy of preservation is employed.

They can't lose.

I don't understand the hate towards Lerner. No honestly, I don't understand why he is a "bad" owner. Just because he doesn't come to our matches, doesn't make him a bad owner. He messed up with McLeish but he fixed that and he continues to give the managers a decent amount of money. Can someone please explain the reason to the hate? 

I don't understand the hate towards Lerner. No honestly, I don't understand why he is a "bad" owner. Just because he doesn't come to our matches, doesn't make him a bad owner. He messed up with McLeish but he fixed that and he continues to give the managers a decent amount of money. Can someone please explain the reason to the hate?

The 'decent amount of money' Lambert has spent is a lot less than the press have had us believe, e.g. Bacuna was supposedly 2M and was 500k.

This lack of investment is not due to him running out of money in recent years, but instead it seems it is due to him getting bored of playing with his toy - being us.

No communication with the fans, very minimal investment, s*** decisions.

Edited by myko

I wonder if he'll ever visit Villa Park during match day again, i doubt he will

I just think the guy's a coward. He knows he could have become a target at any moment with the awful football we've dished up for too long. And he's hidden himself away.

He stopped coming about the same time the club changed its policy with players.

TBH if you can't see it now I doubt any explaination will change your mind.

Has Lambert had a decent amount of money? 20/25 million a season is quite a good budget if your using it the supplement an already half decent squad, you can not build a whole team with that sort of money

Edited by Jimzk5

Â