The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Give Lambert 20m to sign 2/3 midfielders please Randolph or just hurry up and sell

Who to?

Someone that is prepared to pay wages in the 40-50k region will do for a start. He is basically just gambling with our club and is making a mess of it because he fkd up when he first came here.

It's easy to see the difference between someone who had to work hard to earn millions and someone who was born into money, the guy has no clue how to plan ahead and we are the one's suffering because of it.!

The guy is just an awful owner of a sports team. How many browns fans were upset that he sold the club? Speaks volumes

A consistent level of shit a lot of villa fans have never seen or experienced before.

Needs to go ASAP

Interestingly, how are things progressing at the browns since he went

Not a loaded question, just interested.

Give Lambert 20m to sign 2/3 midfielders please Randolph or just hurry up and sell

Who to?

Someone that is prepared to pay wages in the 40-50k region will do for a start. He is basically just gambling with our club and is making a mess of it because he fkd up when he first came here.

It's easy to see the difference between someone who had to work hard to earn millions and someone who was born into money, the guy has no clue how to plan ahead and we are the one's suffering because of it.!

Football ain't really a normal business....it's just a plaything for billionaires.

To be fair, Lerner never wanted the Browns. It was something he inherented from his father. Whereas he was interested in Villa since he was little.

And the Browns still suck. It's a cursed team.

Edited by Kwan

Who to?

Football ain't really a normal business....it's just a plaything for billionaires.

See this were people are wrong. Yes we can have owners like Chelsea, Man City. But why not Arsenal or Liverpool, where they are still running the club as a business. Same at Tottenham really. What's the saying 'speculate to accumulate'. Its gonna be a long long hard road in the premiership the way Randy wants to run this club. That's if we stay in this League.

Who to?

See this were people are wrong. Yes we can have owners like Chelsea, Man City. But why not Arsenal or Liverpool, where they are still running the club as a business. Same at Tottenham really. What's the saying 'speculate to accumulate'. Its gonna be a long long hard road in the premiership the way Randy wants to run this club. That's if we stay in this League.

He did speculate. You could even argue, balls deep speculation.

I think most of us fans think when the bomb squad are all sold and we start to break even, Randy will start putting his hand in his pocket again and we can start signing quality players. I think we are all living in a dream world. This how it will always be, we are now a development club, and to put it bluntly, under Randy I don't think we will ever get to the stage when we will be able to keep our best players, never mind be a top 4 club.

• Like 2

So what would it take for some people to finally turn?

How many more years of hoping for midtable would it take before some had enough off him?

I suspect that for many it would take nothing more than an alternative. If the alternative is not an oil gazillionaire then you could could me among them. I'm not interested in claret and blue just being the interchangeable skin of another foreign power play.

I'd take an oil gazillionnaire. Those man city fans sure look like they've had fun over the past few years.

Right now I'd take someone ambitious who's decision making isn't something that holds the club back.

I think most of us fans think when the bomb squad are all sold and we start to break even, Randy will start putting his hand in his pocket again and we can start signing quality players. I think we are all living in a dream world. This how it will always be, we are now a development club, and to put it bluntly, under Randy I don't think we will ever get to the stage when we will be able to keep our best players, never mind be a top 4 club.

100 Times this.

We are already at the endgame. 

100 Times this.

We are already at the endgame.

How I see it too, I worry others will see it when it us too late. Randy has a hold over a lot of fans.

At the moment he's still putting more in than he's taking out. I think his intention is pretty clean - he's not milking the club and I don't think he's going to make a massive profit when he sells it with the debt - I suspect he knows he can't afford to pay for us to compete and I think he's intending to both keep the club secure enough and prep it for a buyer if one comes around. It's not exciting, it's not going to push us up to sixth, but given the limitations of what he can financially achieve, I think it's sensible.

I think we need to see the next set of accounts to know if this is the case or not.

I don't think he is milking the club, to suggest he is makes no sense at all. I do think he is running the club in such a way as to get him money back though through the repayment of the loans as is his right. 

He won't sell the club with debt, that is rather the point, not for anything close to a price he would accept. But if he can keep costs down, keep us in the PL and remove the debt then he might just sell at a profit thanks to the new TV deal and walk away with his money back at least.

The guy is just an awful owner of a sports team. How many browns fans were upset that he sold the club? Speaks volumes

A consistent level of shit a lot of villa fans have never seen or experienced before.

Needs to go ASAP

**** dreadful.

Hired a shit coach again and drafted a 28 year old rookie QB in the first round last year when far better were available. Also traded arguably their best player for 2 shit draft picks in a QB light draft next year.

Needs to go ASAP

**** dreadful.

Hired a shit coach again and drafted a 28 year old rookie QB in the first round last year when far better were available. Also traded arguably their best player for 2 shit draft picks in a QB light draft next year.

Thanks

The browns have been shit since day one. I dont think the browns have ever been anything other than shit. I cant recall them ever making the playoffs let alone a super bowl.

One of the worst franchises in NFL history ever pre Lerner

The browns have been shit since day one. I dont think the browns have ever been anything other than shit. I cant recall them ever making the playoffs let alone a super bowl.

One of the worst franchises in NFL history ever pre Lerner

Jacksonville-Jaguars.gif

At the moment he's still putting more in than he's taking out. I think his intention is pretty clean - he's not milking the club and I don't think he's going to make a massive profit when he sells it with the debt - I suspect he knows he can't afford to pay for us to compete and I think he's intending to both keep the club secure enough and prep it for a buyer if one comes around. It's not exciting, it's not going to push us up to sixth, but given the limitations of what he can financially achieve, I think it's sensible.

I think we need to see the next set of accounts to know if this is the case or not.

I don't think he is milking the club, to suggest he is makes no sense at all. I do think he is running the club in such a way as to get him money back though through the repayment of the loans as is his right. 

He won't sell the club with debt, that is rather the point, not for anything close to a price he would accept. But if he can keep costs down, keep us in the PL and remove the debt then he might just sell at a profit thanks to the new TV deal and walk away with his money back at least.

I knows it symbolic - but is lack of attendance at games concerms me. I see no evidence that he is really interested anymore.

Last Jan when we were starring relegation in the face - he provided only nominal funds for the manager, and that was when £50m worth of TV money was on the line.

I think the best we can hope for is that Lambert does a job like Moyes did at Everton until the point when Lerner sells up - which can only be a couple of years away IMO - I hope he is better at finding buyers than he is at finding managers

Â