Yacouba Sylla

darrenm

Completely agree

I said at the beginning of the year if he gets game time I expect him to make an impact similar to Tiotes first season

Lots of fans appear to have his name on the back of there shirts expecting a big season from him

And now it's like he doesn't exist

If he doesn't start against Norwich I'm gonna start to think something has happened over the summer coz our midfield is so poor we are desperate for his presence

Kea has had a reasonable start and I don't think anyone is criticising for starting him....but when players are constantly losing possession....you tend to change it if you can....we could.

I'm with Isa here.For me Delph and Sylla would be my first 2 choices, with Kea coming in for either.Westwood for me needs replacing, probably by Weimann or Tonev atm, but hopefully with a £10m player.But i do have to agree with Isa, for me Westwood IS the problem, not KEA.

You could be right here. I really rate Westwood, he's a fantastic player, but he might be holding us back by being a player we'll need in three years but can't accommodate right now

I'm with Isa here.For me Delph and Sylla would be my first 2 choices, with Kea coming in for either.Westwood for me needs replacing, probably by Weimann or Tonev atm, but hopefully with a £10m player.But i do have to agree with Isa, for me Westwood IS the problem, not KEA.

You could be right here. I really rate Westwood, he's a fantastic player, but he might be holding us back by being a player we'll need in three years but can't accommodate right now

Pretty much this. People go on about how Westwood does the 'Carrick role' but seem to forget that such a role is great only if you are a possession based team. We are light-years from being one. Unless we are enjoying about 60% of the possession, then it is pretty pointless playing Westwood as his off-the-ball work is non-existent. Which is unacceptable for a player who is supposed to be playing as a DM.

I wonder whether he's shown any kind of poor discipline to Lambert. It's the only reason I can think of that he's not in the starting 11. This is of course nothing more than unfounded speculation. Maybe he's got to big for his station, I don't know, but he does seem to look like a 'g' whenever I see footage of him outside the club. Couldn't imagine Lambert would be enthused if he acted like one

Edited by villaguy

Just a pinch of racial profiling with no apparent basis at all. How ridiculous. I think Lambert thought the team was playing well from the start of the season and didn't want to change it.

Would like to see Sylla given a run as the midfield 3 against Newcastle were horrible.

Just a pinch of racial profiling with no apparent basis at all. How ridiculous. I think Lambert thought the team was playing well from the start of the season and didn't want to change it.

Would like to see Sylla given a run as the midfield 3 against Newcastle were horrible.

Are you having a dig at my explanation? It isn't racial at all what I said. Ireland to me acted like a 'g', nothing to do with race at all. You give me another reasoned explanation why he has been sidelined, because I would like to hear one and I'd be inclined to agree with you maybe. I'm perplexed he has been left out so far

He was injured at the beginning of the season (wasn't he?) and we performed well in the first 3 games. After the 3-5-2/3-4-3 debactle of last year i think Lambert may be wary of messing with a good thing as KEA looked to be performing well. I don't think there is much to read into to be honest. We played horribly on Saturday and i suspect he will get his chance. We are only 4 games in.

He was injured at the beginning of the season (wasn't he?) and we performed well in the first 3 games. After the 3-5-2/3-4-3 debactle of last year i think Lambert may be wary of messing with a good thing as KEA looked to be performing well. I don't think there is much to read into to be honest. We played horribly on Saturday and i suspect he will get his chance. We are only 4 games in.

Never knew he was injured, makes sense to me now that he was dropped

I think people are making too much of his absence. If he hadn't been injured for the Arsenal game then I'm sure he would've started it. I'll be very surprised if he isn't back in for Norwich.

It's all been said, but we definitely need Sylla back in the side. If we have him sitting in front of the back four for protection (he could have offered some additional help to Luna against Ben Arfa for example, Luna couldn't contain him but he had no help whatsoever from Gabby or any of the midfield three), that would free up Delph and either of KEA or Westwood to move forward more.

I'm undecided as to who should get dropped. I think Westwood and KEA are too similar to play together in most circumstances. A case really could be made for dropping either of them at this point. Westwood hasn't played very well so far this season, but he proved over the course of last season that he has the ability to spot a run and pick a pass, and he usually maintains possession nicely. KEA was poor against Newcastle but so was everyone else, and aside from that game he's looked pretty solid this season. It's 50/50 for me, but I think either of them would look better with Sylla alongside them.

I think people are making too much of his absence. If he hadn't been injured for the Arsenal game then I'm sure he would've started it. I'll be very surprised if he isn't back in for Norwich.

He' ll be back in against Norwich, because he will realise that he made a mistake leaving him out against Newcastle.

If he was still injured why was he on the bench?

KEA has started well ......along with many others got well and truly shoved off the ball on Saturday and maybe a direct change could have been made.....sometimes a change like that can have a focused message.

He' ll be back in against Norwich, because he will realise that he made a mistake leaving him out against Newcastle.

If he was still injured why was he on the bench?

KEA has started well along with many others got well and truly shoved off the ball on Saturday and maybe a direct change could have been made.....sometimes a change like that can have a focused message.

Edited by TRO

Â