Paul Lambert

Pilchard

If we get the players we are being linked to BOF, keeping Benteke and strengthening the left side of our defence (Creswell?) then i can see us being the surprise package next season and that package will come with some very entertaining football which we all want.

Really don't feel at all well after writing that so must go for a lie down. :D

left back, right back, centre back,central midfielder and another wide forward if nzogbia goes and i dont think we will be far off. Defence must be his number 1 priority.

Bent,Ireland,Bannan,Allbrighton,Hutton,Holman,KEA out the door.

Do you mean back up right back? I thought Lowton had been a success this season myself...

Yeah, i assume hutton will go and if anything happens to lowton we are buggered.

If we get the players we are being linked to BOF, keeping Benteke and strengthening the left side of our defence (Creswell?) then i can see us being the surprise package next season and that package will come with some very entertaining football which we all want.

Really don't feel at all well after writing that so must go for a lie down. :D

left back, right back, centre back,central midfielder and another wide forward if nzogbia goes and i dont think we will be far off. Defence must be his number 1 priority.

Bent,Ireland,Bannan,Allbrighton,Hutton,Holman,KEA out the door.

Do you mean back up right back? I thought Lowton had been a success this season myself...
Yeah, i assume hutton will go and if anything happens to lowton we are buggered.

Yeah completely agree.

Really positive about what Lambert is trying to do, if he has a similar success rate over the next few years with his transfers then i think we can get quite excited about the future.

That's alright Morpheus. One of my favourite quotes is "When the facts change, I change my opinion, what do you do?". If you can see a better Villa future at this point than you saw at Christmas then there's no shame in turning that frown upside down :D

I do not know if Keynes ever actually said this, but I always attribute it to him in my Economics classes.  Such a great quote.

Slightly disappointing last season. It was a bit naive to  go into a full prem season with only Vlaar as a fIt senior CB. An error than came home to roost - and nearly cost us so dearly. 

It is only naive if he decided this is all we needed, if it is all he could afford then it is a bit different. Personally I think it is the later.

Maybe maybe not, but he chose not to play Dunne, there's no way that he was injured all season. Lambert chose Clark at CB over Dunne.

Slightly disappointing last season. It was a bit naive to  go into a full prem season with only Vlaar as a fIt senior CB. An error than came home to roost - and nearly cost us so dearly. 

It is only naive if he decided this is all we needed, if it is all he could afford then it is a bit different. Personally I think it is the later.

Maybe maybe not, but he chose not to play Dunne, there's no way that he was injured all season. Lambert chose Clark at CB over Dunne.

Despite Dunne's quotes otherwise.

When?

There is a article or perhaps even two quoted in the Dunne thread in other football, he talks about the frustrations throughout the season of nearly being back and then breaking down again. Also mentions something about Lambert being a good guy or honest guy something like that, I forget exactly.

I think the thing I like about him most is that he appears to be willing to take into account whether or not a player is a tit when making moves in the transfer market. This can only help the squad as a whole in the long run. I can't remember the last time the team was so full of genuinely likeable characters. That, along with the style of play, certainly seems to have gone some way to strengthening the bond between the fans and the team.

Edited by flamingsombrero
  • Like 1

That's alright Morpheus. One of my favourite quotes is "When the facts change, I change my opinion, what do you do?". If you can see a better Villa future at this point than you saw at Christmas then there's no shame in turning that frown upside down :D

I do not know if Keynes ever actually said this, but I always attribute it to him in my Economics classes. Such a great quote.

Keynes was such a genius. Too bad his ideas have been misconstrued, twisted and ignored recently, otherwise the world's economy would be in a far better place.

Back to Lambert, not only is he doing very well right now, I doubt he'd leave if a bigger club came for him

I do not know if Keynes ever actually said this, but I always attribute it to him in my Economics classes. Such a great quote.

Keynes was such a genius. Too bad his ideas have been misconstrued, twisted and ignored recently, otherwise the world's economy would be in a far better place.

Back to Lambert, not only is he doing very well right now, I doubt he'd leave if a bigger club came for him

He's at a big club.... we just don't realise we are.

• Like 1

So happy with how this summers going so far, glad lambert was given time to continue with what he's doing here (quite a few on villatalk wanted him gone after Bradford), really excited for next season.

• Like 1

So happy with how this summers going so far, glad lambert was given time to continue with what he's doing here (quite a few on villatalk wanted him gone after Bradford), really excited for next season.

People were upset and hurt. I would expect them to be angry and give knee-jerk reactions.

However i'd hope that now they can see the bigger picture, the benefit for the long run. I would also hope they're damn excited for the new season.

Best manager we have had in 30 years.

I'd actually say he is the best thing to happen to the club in 40 years.

I know where you're coming from, and the reasons behind your faith in Lambert. But I do think such optimism needs to be tempered by the fact that we spent the majority of last season thoroughly soiling ourselves at the specter of relegation. He hasn't done anything to justify such praise just yet, though he is certainly steering us in the right direction.

• Like 3