Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Houllier had a much better squad at his disposal and before his arrival we had finished 6th three seasons in a row. And a number of the players disliked him/his staff.

McLeish sent his team out with the most negative, inept tactics many of us have ever seen. The players looked completely disillusioned under him and we never looked like scoring a goal, let alone winning a game.

Obviously things are going horrendously at the moment but the one positive is that at least everyone's pulling in the same direction. The problem is that Lambert simply hasn't got the players at his disposal. The squad isn't good enough. Fair enough we should be able to beat Bradford over two legs regardless but when you've got the likes of Ciaran Clark getting his arse handed to him by a League Two centre forward, that isn't the manager's fault. He has to play Clark, he has to play Bannan and/or Delph. And now it looks like he's going to have to play these players for the rest of the season.

What was it Guillem Balague said when Benitez was linked with the Villa job? "He doesn't want to have to work with his hands tied behind his back, " or something to that effect? Lambert's hands are tied behind his back.

• Like 1

Alternatives - Mark Hughes and Adkins are available. Could they keep us up. Who knows? Will we stay up under Lambert? Very unlikely.

And both will require funds and they aren't going to get any. What people don't realise is that Southampton spent a lot of money when in League 1 and the Championship and had a massive budget in comparison to most. Yes, back-to-back promotions is impressive but when you're out-spending every other team in the league it takes the gloss out off it (from an outsiders perspective).

Mark Hughes definitely isn't the answer either. One question, did you watch QPR for the first 14 games this season?

TS are reporting that Lamberts job is safe even if we go down.

FFS it just gets better & better doesn't it.

Yes it does.

I dont give a shit what anyone says having Lambert someone who has a clear vision at the club is a good thing, it wont happen over night and it will get worse before it gets better.

Mark Hughes definitely isn't the answer either. One question, did you watch QPR for the first 14 games this season?

Did you watch them for the last 14 of last season? I didn't. But I know they stayed up.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying he is the answer. I'm just talking about managers available.

We desperately need stability and I really want to support Lambert but over the last few games it's looked to me as if he just doesn't have a clue. Tactically he is totally and utterly inept. He's not going to suddenly turn into a good tactician overnight.

Yes it does.

I dont give a shit what anyone says having Lambert someone who has a clear vision at the club is a good thing, it wont happen over night and it will get worse before it gets better.

it seems we are in a minority with that view!

Not our finest hour, but now is the time to keep the faith and get behind the team and manager. It doesn't look like he's going anywhere so let's at least try and create as positive an atmosphere as we can.

Paul Lambert's Claret and Blue Army!

Thing is we are in a lose lose situation. Our players arent good enough, the board are clueless and the manager hasnt performed as well as expected. You get rid and you end up with a new manager facing the same problems or you keep Lambert and risk being relegated and languising in the Championship for the next few years. Not sure that is part of the long term plan. Our only hope is that Lambert remembers how to manage well again. I know he is a good manager, we have all seen it. But like the players he needs to up his game because it hasnt been good enough so far.

A sign of a good manager is to get the most out of his players, hes not doing that.

• Like 2

it seems we are in a minority with that view!

It probably is a minority, but not as small a minority as it appears at first glance. After last night it's inevitable there will be a lot of reaction and some of it will be against the manager. Some of those fans currently calling for his head will change their minds after a couple of decent results. And lots of those that still have faith in Lambert will simply be keeping their heads down or not bothering today.

McLeish sent his team out with the most negative, inept tactics many of us have ever seen. The players looked completely disillusioned under him and we never looked like scoring a goal, let alone winning a game.

And yet we are much worse than we were under Mcleish.

It probably is a minority, but not as small a minority as it appears at first glance. After last night it's inevitable there will be a lot of reaction and some of it will be against the manager. Some of those fans currently calling for his head will change their minds after a couple of decent results. And lots of those that still have faith in Lambert will simply be keeping their heads down or not bothering today.

It's going to take a hell of a lot more than a 'couple of decent results'.

Yes it does.

But this is based on nothing but your belief. Which is fine yet because others don't share your optimism based on little evidence you complain about them. Great logic there.

yep good news that.

I just don't get how anyone can have this view.

Of all the shit you've not been happy to put up with over the years and yet you'd have no issue at all with the manager who relegated it us from the premier league.

Makes zero sense to me.