Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Do you have proof that Curbs would fair no better??

Rumors are strife he has 'lost' the dressing room. If that is the case, then a new manager can only help sort that as nothing Lambert can do now will change things.

Lambert has stumbled from one shit decision to another and created his own problems by pissing Bent about and signing lower league rubbish.

Do you have proof that Curbishley (you use 'Curbs' as if it is common-usage, instead of just used by the Sky-financed London media clique which so many clueless Villa fans blindly follow) would fare any better? No. People were calling for people like Lambert when McLeish was in charge so your point is invalid.

Secondly, that is utter bollocks and you have no proof whatsoever that is the case.

Thirdly, Westwood, Benteke, Lowton, Vlaar have actually been four of our only decent players this season, whereas Holman was getting rave reviews at the start of the season (probably from yourself). You can't judge Bowery really as he is clearly back-up and cost little. So really, Bennett and El Ahmadi are the only players who back your point up. Did he inherit a good squad? No. He is also blatantly trying to get rid of Darren Bent to buy players that aren't on 80k a week. Then again I'm guessing you're the type who think we'll be able to get Frank Lampard on loan?

YAWN

Edited by gilbertoAVFC

Every game that goes by like that means for me Lambert starts to take more and more of the blame.

Absolute rubbish again.

I struggle to see how Lerner can be responsible, look how much money we've spent since 2006 (£192.4M) ! I'm of the opinion that Lerner is to blame for the appointment of McLeish (who the fans would never warm to), but believe Houllier knew what was needed and would have got us where we all want to be if not for his poor health. At the time, Lambert seemed like a good fit for the club, but his transfer policy has left us peeking over the precipice.

Lerner is to blame for allowing MON such a free reign, and also for appointing McLeish, the rest of the blame lies with the managers that have worked under him spending his money mostly on dross.

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/aston-villa-transfers.html

Nobody knows if any other manager would fare any better. The question is could they do any worse?

Shouldn't the focus be on the blatant lack of ability in our current squad, especially with the injuries we have, and not always the manager?

Would Baker, Stevens, Holman, Delph, Lichaj, Herd, Bowery, N'Zogbia (the way he's played for us), even Weimann get ANYWHERE NEAR a first choice starting XI in the Premier League except possibly a couple of them for Reading? No chance.

The board needs to back Lambert. It's absolute mishandling of nearly every aspect of this club has got us into this mess and the only way to resolve it is to INVEST.

Do you have proof that Curbishley (you use 'Curbs' as if it is common-usage, instead of just used by the Sky-financed London media clique which so many clueless Villa fans blindly follow) would fair any better? No. People were calling for people like Lambert when McLeish was in charge so your point is invalid.

Secondly, that is utter bollocks and you have no proof whatsoever that is the case.

Thirdly, Westwood, Benteke, Lowton, Vlaar have actually been four of our only decent players this season, whereas Holman was getting rave reviews at the start of the season (probably from yourself). You can't judge Bowery really as he is clearly back-up and cost little. So really, Bennett and El Ahmadi are the only players who back your point up. Did he inherit a good squad? No. He is also blatantly trying to get rid of Darren Bent to buy players that aren't on 80k a week. Then again I'm guessing you're the type who think we'll be able to get Frank Lampard on loan?

YAWN

No, I have no proof CURBS would do better but then I'd be willing to give it a go because Lambert has lost the plot.

Vlaar is injury prone.

Lowton was all over the place today and has been for weeks. His decision making is shocking at times.

Westwood. What does he actually 'bring' to the side?

Benteke. Possibly the only decent PL signing but even he has looked shyte the last couple of weeks.

As for Lampard, no I wouldn't want him on loan.

If you are happy with the fact we can't score, can't defend and are getting humiliated every week under Lambert then lucky you. However, I am not an am merely suggesting alternatives who I feel would be more suitable at managing this club.

I struggle to see how Lerner can be responsible, look how much money we've spent since 2006 (£192.4M) ! I'm of the opinion that Lerner is to blame for the appointment of McLeish (who the fans would never warm to), but believe Houllier knew what was needed and would have got us where we all want to be if not for his poor health. At the time, Lambert seemed like a good fit for the club, but his transfer policy has left us peeking over the precipice.

Lerner is to blame for allowing MON such a free reign, and also for appointing McLeish, the rest of the blame lies with the managers that have worked under him spending his money mostly on dross.

http://www.transferl...-transfers.html

It's not lack of endeavour which is frustrating, it's just the complete mishandling of running a football club that's ruined us.

We have gone about the biggest cost-cutting regime in our history (even relatively) in the last few years and that had to happen because Randy Lerner blindly threw money behind O'Neill believing we'd break the Top Four. We didn't and but we supported him then because we didn't realise he'd bring the quality of our squad to the ground as a result of the failure.

Lambert hasn't spent any money when you consider we sold Downing for £20m and cut some massive earners out of our squad.

How can you fail to realise that the reason our squad is so poor now is more-or-less purely down to Lerner's financial retraction? Of the players brought in by Lambert, most of them have been better than what we already had!

Shouldn't the focus be on the blatant lack of ability in our current squad, especially with the injuries we have, and not always the manager?

Would Baker, Stevens, Holman, Delph, Lichaj, Herd, Bowery, N'Zogbia (the way he's played for us), even Weimann get ANYWHERE NEAR a first choice starting XI in the Premier League except possibly a couple of them for Reading? No chance.

The board needs to back Lambert. It's absolute mishandling of nearly every aspect of this club has got us into this mess and the only way to resolve it is to INVEST.

The players certainly aren't fantastic but I would expect Lambert to be able to motivate them enough to beat Bradford, a team 3 leagues below us. We are on a slippery slope, and I don't think Lerner will invest to be honest.

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/aston-villa-transfers.html

I'm done trying to debate with anyone who currently still defends Lerner.

• Like 1

http://www.transferl...-transfers.html

He gave MON free reign to sign any players he wanted.

He reneged on that suicidal deal just before the start of the season allowing/causing MON to walk and subsequently successfully sue the club.

He appointed Houllier who was past his sell by date with a history of health issues and who had been semi-retired for years.

He appointed Alex McLeish and gave him a remit to reduce wages almost causing us to get relegated and gutting our squad in the process.

He appointed Paul Lambert and won't back him in the transfer market to plug alarming holes in our defence and midfield when relegation is staring us in the face.

• Like 1

No, I have no proof CURBS would do better but then I'd be willing to give it a go because Lambert has lost the plot.

Vlaar is injury prone.

Lowton was all over the place today and has been for weeks. His decision making is shocking at times.

Westwood. What does he actually 'bring' to the side?

Benteke. Possibly the only decent PL signing but even he has looked shyte the last couple of weeks.

As for Lampard, no I wouldn't want him on loan.

If you are happy with the fact we can't score, can't defend and are getting humiliated every week under Lambert then lucky you. However, I am not an am merely suggesting alternatives who I feel would be more suitable at managing this club.

The problem though is by and large not the manager. This is what people do not see. It is due to the fact that, combined with our injuries, we have the worst squad in the league! Why is that? Because Randy Lerner has done a massive Peter Ridsdale.

He is not "injury prone" (massive football cliche) because he has an injury. He played nearly every game for Feyernoord last season and passed a medical. He's a good signing quite obviously.

Lowton has been all over the place as has the rest of the team. He's still been by and large a massive improvement on Hutton.

Westwood. He's been our best midfielder!

I fail to see the point you're making other than having the attitude of "everyone else is better" which no doubt you've had for the last three years.

And my reference was to the fact that some Villa fans on a radio chat show suggested we should get Lampard on loan, when of course we couldn't get him. But you WOULDN'T have him? Jesus.

It's not lack of endeavour which is frustrating, it's just the complete mishandling of running a football club that's ruined us.

We have gone about the biggest cost-cutting regime in our history (even relatively) in the last few years and that had to happen because Randy Lerner blindly threw money behind O'Neill believing we'd break the Top Four. We didn't and but we supported him then because we didn't realise he'd bring the quality of our squad to the ground as a result of the failure.

Lambert hasn't spent any money when you consider we sold Downing for £20m and cut some massive earners out of our squad.

How can you fail to realise that the reason our squad is so poor now is more-or-less purely down to Lerner's financial retraction? Of the players brought in by Lambert, most of them have been better than what we already had!

How can you even suggest Lerner hasn't spent much money? Who do you think has been pumping cash in to fill the massive losses weve been running at ?

Do people honestly believe transfer fees are the only money owners spend on clubs?

Didn't accept this from AMc and not going to accept it now - if anything our results have been even worse and he's had a shit tonne more money to spend than Alex did.

Has to go, embarassing the club on a weekly basis isn't his job.

Blame Lerner as much as you want but at the end of the day we had a squad that finished 17th and spent 20 million plus to improve this squad. If we get less points then we did last season and get relegated the blame must lie with the manager. No point sacking him but he will still be the man responsible for our relegation.

Didn't accept this from AMc and not going to accept it now - if anything our results have been even worse and he's had a shit tonne more money to spend than Alex did.

Has to go, embarassing the club on a weekly basis isn't his job.

he has not had more to spend than mcduff