Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Oh I agree. I think we definitely need a couple of players such as Scott Parker. But i'd rather our general policy to be about building for the future rather than constantly buying players to do a job "now". There needs to be a balance of both IMO. We desperately need balance.

it should be our general policy indeed, but you need to start with experience. Something PL didn't do at all, he pretty much blocked out every player who has played more than 100 games in the PL

for example. if a seasoned team like Stoke would put Lowton in their defence, he would be allowed to play a crappy game once in a while because you would have Huth or Shawcross who know how to handle that. If lowton plays a crappy game for us, Baker and Clark would panic, run out of position to easily,...

MON went too much with experience, PL too much with kids. But in the end MON did a lot better, I don't see us challenging for european positions just yet.

I can't see us challenging for mid table places yet either

I heard Pardew saying in a press conference that he will be looking to add experienced players to his squad as they have a lot of youngsters

Its almost the opposite of Lambert's transfer strategy and considering they are a point above us in the table it will be interesting to see which works out better

I can't see us challenging for mid table places yet either

I heard Pardew saying in a press conference that he will be looking to add experienced players to his squad as they have a lot of youngsters

Its almost the opposite of Lambert's transfer strategy and considering they are a point above us in the table it will be interesting to see which works out better

if he feels that way with the likes of Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Tioté, Gutierrez, Coloccini,... in his squad, Lambert should rethink his strategy

Seriously mate if you ever thought depmsey was gonna come here then you are just muggin yourself off!..

We couldnt get dempsey & makepeace in the hole suite on the big screen!,,

I didn't say I thought we were getting him. Just that I think it's very unlikely that we put in a bid for any other reason than that we wanted him and took a chance when a good player was available. How many times have we said that this and that player is worth to take a chance on as he's available/looking for a move and "it's always free to ask"?

And what if Dempsey had said yes? What would Lambert have done then?

So we get relegated with kids?

Your arguments always follow the same ludicrous pattern I've noticed - there are obviously other possibilities than "buy short-term and just worry about this season" and "get relegated with kids"

If you want to bring in another load of Dunne's and Hutton's, a la QPR, that's up to you but I'll stick with slow and steady development

MON went too much with experience, PL too much with kids. But in the end MON did a lot better, I don't see us challenging for european positions just yet.

Hardly a fair comparision is it - even if we discount the money MON had to spend, you don't yet know how PL did in the end

Give the bloke more than five minutes to sort out the horrendous cluster **** he took over

if he feels that way with the likes of Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Tioté, Gutierrez, Coloccini,... in his squad, Lambert should rethink his strategy

Bollocks - If Newcastle have such great players why are they only two points above us plus Pardew has had a season more than Lambert.

If you want to bring in another load of Dunne's and Hutton's, a la QPR, that's up to you but I'll stick with slow and steady development

But no one is suggesting that.

Why does it have to be to the extreme? If people talk about experienced players they are met with posts like the above.

Is it not possible to sign improvements on what we have, that have experience and aren't overpaid shit?

But no one is suggesting that.

Why does it have to be to the extreme? If people talk about experienced players they are met with posts like the above.

Is it not possible to sign improvements on what we have, that have experience and aren't overpaid shit?

Yes of course. I'd welcome Lescott for example. My original point was in response to a post suggesting that we shouldn't worry about the future and buy solely to solve our short term problems

We need a balanced approach, mixing youth, potential and experience.

Bollocks - If Newcastle have such great players why are they only two points above us plus Pardew has had a season more than Lambert.

Although I think Pardew has been found out up there, to be fair they have had their fair share of injuries just like us.

because football is not exact science, plus they've had quite a few injuries as well. Also, I never said anything about 'great players', I reacted to Pardew claiming he has not enough experience players in his team, while they have quite a few more then we do. I think many of the players I mentioned wouldn't have a problem claiming a starting position in our squad.

Coloccini for example is not the greatest talent ever, but I'd take him over our defenders, even Vlaar (who is a good player, but not the world class defender some make him out to be)

Cheaper than getting relegated with "Experience"...

We wouldn't be relegated with the right type of experience, i.e quality experienced players.

Your arguments always follow the same ludicrous pattern I've noticed - there are obviously other possibilities than "buy short-term and just worry about this season" and "get relegated with kids"

Nothing 'ludicrous' at all about my points. In fact if you look at your quoted post below you are actually advocating exactly my points of debate before and during the current season. I have continually stated balance between youth and experience.

I'm also not advocating bringing in further players of the quality of Hutton and Beye for instance. No one in their right mind would want that.

We do however need to bring in a few experienced heads to bring the kids along and take some of the pressure of them, but they need to be of the type of quality which will firstly make an instant improvement to what we already have and secondly not being paid to sit on the bench.

If you look back on your post you are seemingly implying that we shouldn't bring experienced players to the club at all and stick with Lambert's eternal youth policy which isn't working.

Yes of course. I'd welcome Lescott for example. My original point was in response to a post suggesting that we shouldn't worry about the future and buy solely to solve our short term problems

We need a balanced approach, mixing youth, potential and experience.

Edited by Morpheus

We wouldn't be relegated with the right type of experience, i.e quality experienced players.

Trouble with that is that we need to get rid of the 'experienced' players we still have before we can buy any more experienced but cheaper value for money players.

That is the point we are still at.

It is called a sacrifice. i.e Darren Bent leaving to free up wages and a fee to be able to buy better 'experienced' players at better value i.e Ron Vlaar.

Out of interest Morph are you talking of experienced players like Charlie Adam? Djribl Cisse? Dimatar Berbatov? Joleon Lescott? Joey Barton? Micheal Carrick? Anton Ferdinand? etc.

If not can you elaborate the type of experience players you refer to.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

Hardly a fair comparision is it - even if we discount the money MON had to spend, you don't yet know how PL did in the end

Give the bloke more than five minutes to sort out the horrendous cluster **** he took over

But he hasn't helped himself has he 'VillaCas' or indeed the team with his transfer policy.

We had an abundance of youth already at the club such as Clark, Bannan, Delph, Baker and so on. What we needed addressed at the start of the season was weaknesses particularly in midfield.

He could have purchased Diame and Adam. One was on a free and the other didn't cost much more than KEA. He had a 1-2 goalscorer at the club whose supply had been cut from the sales of Young and Downing. He could have purchased at least one wide man to supply Bent and persevere with N'Zogbia until this window. He could also have kept Collins and Cuellar, or at least Cuellar and just brought in Vlaar for Collins leaving us with a centreback partnership of Vlaar and Cuellar with Clark and Baker as backup. He then could have brought in Lowton who i have time for and Bennett who looks very light weight to me.

He didn't do any of that and consequently has broken all the wrong type of records. Its no surprise that we are shite at dead ball situations (Adam) and still crying out for that DM (Diame). Its also no surprise that we are conceding too many at the back with a very inexperienced back four, three quarters of which are Lambert purchases.

Yes i did call for his head after nine games because i could see what was going to happen and nothing so far has changed that.