Paul Lambert

Pilchard

We are still waiting for this improvement that people were saying would happen. I don't think it will come with this group of players though. Things will only start to improve if we purchase some real talant in the transfer market.

We have a couple of gems for the future, Westwood, Benteke, Baker for example, but we are in the position we in because we have a Championship standard squad of players.

It doesn't matter who we have managing them, until we change the quality on the pitch the results won't improve.

Edited by LondonLax

A young team will have its ups and downs and Lambert also has a knack of going for it with a do or die attitude, as Norwich fans told us. 3 points over the last two games is better than the 2 AM would have played for.

As for cups not being important to a team?

And we are not improving as a team from last season?

bollox, even my 8 year old son can see the improvements, on the pitch and in the new found believe in the ground. UTV.......and happy Xmas

• Like 2

when jose morinho (sp?) took over at chelsea he said something whih has stuck in my mind, he said he wants 22 first team players, all the best he can have, 2 top players in each position, id like to think that to an extent we could follow that philosophy

when jose morinho (sp?) took over at chelsea he said something whih has stuck in my mind, he said he wants 22 first team players, all the best he can have, 2 top players in each position, id like to think that to an extent we could follow that philosophy

That's not about "philosophy", it's about spending money, which Mr Lerner has stopped doing.

We were harder to beat last season and even the biggest McLeish hater would have to concede that. Our worst result was a 4-0 loss at Old Trafford. We have let in 4 or more (up to 8 ffs!) at least 3 times already.

We had also won more matches after 18 games so to say we were better last season is not an outrageous claim to make.

You can't be critical of Lambert on this site. Even though there have been a lot of performances as bad if not worse than last year. Lambert gets away with lots and lots of mistakes purely because he is not McLeish. Tactically Lambert has embarrassed himself on a number of occasions which is a huge worry.

That's not about "philosophy", it's about spending money, which Mr Lerner has stopped doing.

so long as our income fails to exceed our outgoings, mr. lerner is spending a LOT of money just keeping the club in existence

• Like 2

so long as our income fails to exceed our outgoings, mr. lerner is spending a LOT of money just keeping the club in existence

And spending it pretty badly when you look at some of his recent big buys - Bent, Given, Makoun, N'Zogbia, none of whom can find a place in the side.

I expect the mother of all reactions from Lambert and the players today. They've embarrassed themselves and the whole club and need to start rectifying the damage today. The 8-0 sadly will never be forgotten, but it can be slowly forgiven if the manager and players turn up, put in a shift and start grafting out some wins. This season is still very much on a knife edge.

A disgrace? Worse than Mcduff?

Well for me I have pride back n the team that I never had last year. I see a team with attacking intent rather than a team with not losing intent. I see a young team of players hungry and wanting to play for the club rather than a bunch of overrated has beens wanting their next mega pay check. I see some talent here that will develop into top class, and in bentekes case world class, talent and I see a team with the chance to win a trophy.

Sorry but for me that is not a disgrace and miles better than Mcduff. No one said it would be easy, no one said it wold be fixed in 6 months. A few of us recognised there would be ups and downs and inconsistent performances and results along the journey, but we have made progress, considerable actually if you think about it and we have the right manager with the right ideas.

Obviously it seems there are some not willing to accept that, and that is their right can't do a thing about that. But it is not a disgrace

Lets get one thing straight... I'm 100% behind Lambert and believe we are far better than last season already, and we have a much brighter future. I'm not arguing that at all. However, you can not get away from the fact that an 8-0 drubbing from a team which has played numerous times in the previous week or so, and traveled half way around the world is nothing short of disgraceful. Teams go 10 minutes without allowing the opposition to touch the ball... against a worn out and aged Chelsea team I would expect to be able to go slightly longer than 10 minutes on average without letting in a goal. Sorry if you don't agree but that is my opinion.

Hopefully the young team have learn an invaluable lesson and we get a decent result today.

Edited by VillaLi0n

Of course the result was a real disappointment , I don't think anyone has denied that. However a tonking against the current European champions who are an established team costing £200m plus when our team is basically only just starting the journey and cost about a tenth of that figure is always likely. Eight goals being a major disappointment obviously and a bit of a freak

I agree, the current European champions are rubbish.

A well thought out and excellent argument. Thank you for taking the time out to enlighten me with that irrelevant comment.

Chelsea won 1 PL game in 2 months prior to playing us.

Chelsea had played 6 games in 19 days prior to playing us.

Chelsea flew back from half way across the world 6 days prior to playing us, and then had to travel up to Leeds and back in that time.

Losing 2-0 to a decent team after this wouldn't have been a disaster. Capitulating in manner in which we did and taking into consideration all of the above is. Them winning the European Cup 7 months ago (and incredibly fortunate to do so) is totally irrelevant.

Spurs are in a much richer vein of form than Chelsea, and have played far less games recently... my expectations are much higher than surrendering this game to double digits. Obviously yours wont be.

Of course the result was a real disappointment , I don't think anyone has denied that. However a tonking against the current European champions who are an established team costing £200m plus when our team is basically only just starting the journey and cost about a tenth of that figure is always likely. Eight goals being a major disappointment obviously and a bit of a freak

I hope it was a freak result... the recent signs are that it was, though the character of the team is going to show itself over the next few weeks.

Here's to a good performance and result against Spurs today. :thumb:

You could equally say the "freak" result was the week before at Anfield.

We've had 3 tonkings now this season and one of those was off effectively a Championship side.

well, we'll see what the lads are really made of today, PL won't have had anytime to work with them so perhaps some R&R with families would have been the best course of medicine.

One things for sure, we need to get behind the team, none of that disgruntled bollox of mcleish's team, waiting and baying for the team to fall behind.

We are still waiting for this improvement that people were saying would happen. I don't think it will come with this group of players though. Things will only start to improve if we purchase some real talant in the transfer market.

We have a couple of gems for the future, Westwood, Benteke, Baker for example, but we are in the position we in because we have a Championship standard squad of players.

It doesn't matter who we have managing them, until we change the quality on the pitch the results won't improve.

The improvement is happening but things won't change overnight - Lambert will need 18-24 months to get his team together. I think that some of the squad are not of the quality that we need and will eventually find their level in the Championship or as sqaud players elsewhere.

I've got great faith in Lambert - with such a young squad we are bound to have ups and downs (Sunday's dismal performance was a definite down) but personally i can see we are moving in the right direction