Paul Lambert

Pilchard

You've answered your own question there.

Chelsea's form prior to that was poor and they did lose before the game yesterday even though it wasn't in the Premiership.

Well Chelsea are 3rd, and as you correctly say a Team full of world class players assembled at enormous cost. And, as you also correctly say, we are an average team (like most teams are, hence the word average).

As such, there should be no big deal with defeats like this, they will happen.

However, whether intentionally or not you do give the impression of someone who can't wait to latch onto anything bad.

As such, there should be no big deal with defeats like this, they will happen.

A defeat like this had never before happened in our entire top flight history. In nearly 4000 games that we'd played in top flight football that defeat had never happened before.

PL is neither blind nor stupid, he knows the issues with the team more than we do, We have to believe there is a plan and that he will address the issues when it is possible for him to do this, He must know what his finances were for spending when he took the job for all the transfer windows, if he was going to get no money then why would he take the job?

He took the job because it is a project that if he gets right will ultimately give him a serious CV.

As fans it is hard to take results like yesterday but if long term he can make this club great again then days like yesterday will fall into insignificance.

We all have seen the finances and how we were in trouble, i honestly believe we are now turning the corner and things will get better, we do not have many players left on high wages and the ones we have will be gone soon, this must be a sign that when this is done we will then see PL get better players again, the last 3 years have all been about surviving and balancing the books. I think that from this summer it will be about kicking on and challenging, PL is laying the foundations and soon we will see the building, we must keep the faith and believe the future is bright.

No idea as to figures yet, but every little bit helps:

:D

You're welcome we can spare a little change at this time for those less fortunate than ourselves, it is Christmas and all ;)

May I suggest you keep the cash somewhere safe and away from Delia Smith, she will only blow it on booze. Hic Hic

Posters are trying to excuse it though fatique, bad officialdom, or indeed that Chelsea hit a purple patch.

It wasn't any of those. Just simply world class players against a team of mainly average ability who were found out and that includes the manager.

Nobody is trying to excuse it. I don't recall one person saying we didn't deserve to lose like that or trying to claim that we weren't shit. Just because people point out things like bad officiating or things falling for Chelsea doesn't mean they think the result wasn't deserved.

No big deal with losing 8-0?

I wonder what would be a big deal for you, 10 to twelve?

With the exception of Benteke, I've been right and consistent in my viewpoint which was substantiated yesterday again.

No individual defeat is a big deal to me, perhaps thats why I dont have the same sense of doom as you - do you treat all setbacks in your life as catastrophes ? (I love celebrating wins, whether individual or not, but the same actually holds true for those as well, no individual one - other than a Cup Final - is important on its own ) and with the money gap and the changes to assist attacking play it has been clear for a few years that there will be more extraordinary results like this.

I have no idea what you mean about having 'been right' with your viewpoint. We are still in a Cup Semin final and just went 8 games unbeaten. As regards the season as a whole I have no intention of playing what I have already said is a silly game of judging things way way to early.

A defeat like this had never before happened in our entire top flight history. In nearly 4000 games that we'd played in top flight football that defeat had never happened before.

So what ? Are you disputing they will happen ? If you are you are incorrect - look, it did happen.

Nothing ever happened before until it happened.

As gutted as i am with yesterdays result i believe in Lambert we have a manager who can get a response and help the team recover from such a thrashing. I'm not saying we will go on to beat Spuds on boxing day but I'm glad its Lambert who has to pick up the pieces and get the team back in shape and not McLiesh or Hollier, no matter how bad it seems after Chelski the 3/4 games previous showed too much progress to just write PL and what he is doing off. Totally agree we need more quality but he couldnt change it all in just one summer window and now cant do anything until Jan, hopefully then we can reinforce the squad.

I don't think other teams rely on the media to analyse Villa... I wouldn't have thought being shown in a positive light in the media would have any impact on performances going forward. Enjoy the ride whilst it lasts... after today people will probably be talking about relegation again!

I must be psychic.

People do need to calm down a touch, although it IS understandable after we just got battered by a scoreline I can't even bring myself to type.

We all know deep down that this is an anomaly. I'm pretty confident it won't happen again quite like that this season. If we start getting our arses handed to us every game then I would start to worry. We just have to dust ourselves down and move on.

It's so evident that we have a team of children. They were awful at the start of the Liverpool game and that could itself have been a battering. But they improved and gained in confidence then seemed to believe they could so anything. Against Chelsea we concede early, lose all confidence and fall apart. They are really vulnerable psychologically and they are bound to be until they mature and gain some experience.

More than anything, this game highlights the need for some experience in the team and hopefully that can be sorted in January. But we really have to get behind the lads and move on. There is just no point dwelling on it and giving them a bashing (however much they might deserve it). I'm sure they're not feeling great about the result either

• Like 1

I must be psychic.

Well it was always going to fall one of two ways. I gaurentee if we had won the mood would have been that of ''Hand us the Carling cup now'' and ''we are going to finnish in the top 6'' etc.

Instead we have landed up that ''we are going to get relegated'', ''have the worst chairman ever'' and now ''two minds about handing bradford the door to the final if it means playing Chelsea again''.

Yesterday was no suprise we picked up sod all and never expected to, well maybe a draw at the most but what we witnessed was very very **** painful but maybe something to it in hindsight.

We cannot dwell on this result too much. EVERY team gets a major spanking now and again and we got ours yesterday.

It is now time to dust ourselves off pick ourselves up and battle for atleast a point on Wednesday.

Yeah, I didn't come on here last night as I knew just how it would be - and looking back over the last few pages, I wasn't proven wrong.

8-0 stings - it **** hurts. It's downright embarrassing - but the law of averages suggests it will happen to everyone one day - yesterday it was our turn. C'est la vie.. Last season (ish) - didn't Arsenal (the mighty Arsenal) get fingered for 8 at Old Trafford? Didn't United themselves get hammered by 6 against City at the Trafford?

After our recent upturn - I am hopeful this is a blip. We have a couple of opportunities to put it right again now. Let's get behind the team and see what happens.

Jesus, 8-0 is bad... God... Facepalm... Blushing even... We'll get over it...