Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Our away record and performances such as against Fulham you mean.

This is just cherry-picking now. What about Southampton, Norwich and Arsenal? What about the fact that before last weekend we hadn't lost away to a team outside the top 4 for over a year? What about the fact that before the Fulham game we'd lost just once away from home all season, and that was a narrow loss to Chelsea to a goal that shouldn't have been allowed.

Accusing me of cherry picking yet you doing exactly the same with stats.

What about the performances against West Ham and Hull and mentioning a goal that shouldn't have been allowed.

We were two down against WBA and could have been four down with missed chances. All conjecture and what ifs.

I'm not even cherry-picking really, just countering your own cherry-picked example.

We have the 6th best away record in the league. That is a fact. If our manager and players really are so bad then how come our away record is so good?

Initially he said all the right things and spent a lot of money. Not sure this can be classified as having done a lot of good things when looking back with hindsight.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Investing more money into the playing side is not doing a good thing? Rebuilding the training ground is not doing a good thing?

Spending more money than he could really afford and then slashing expenditure to try to get back on track is not a good thing.

• Like 2

No-one has said we expect to sign 16 superstars on a budget but what we do expect is that they are able to either keep possession or pass to a team mate on a regular basis and you can be a leader on the pitch while not costing much (Roy Keane) just one example.

hahahaha...hilarious....Lambert should have scouted 16 Roy Keane's ...........they're out there you know!!   :crylaugh:

...."just one example".........hahahaha

Funny how you didn't answer any of my questions in my previous post to you and then select something in which i have quoted just one example.

Yeah hilarious alright.

I fully answered your previous post??

Like others you've worn me down with the sheer lucicrousness of your posts - I'm fed up arguing with you for now and Im off to do something more interesting insteand

"Why doesnt he sign more players like Roy Keane? just one example!" .............you're on a different planet

bye for now

This is a tough one for me as I am someone that actually rates Lambert but I am also someone who refuses to be blinded by that and have to be honest. With that in mind I can't say anything other than that what I have seen us serve up over the last 3 months or so has in the main been dire.

I also have to say that beyond our first 11, which is good enough to finish around mid-table, then the squad as a whole is arguably one of the worst I have seen in my 30 odd years following this great club.

The blame for both the standard of our performances and quality of our squad though for me doesn't rest solely with Lambert. The majority of the blame rests with Lerner. You pretty much in football reap what you sow. In the main the more you are willing to pay players in wages the better standard of player you will attract. There will of course always be exceptions to this but those clubs with the biggest wages bills, providing they have a good manager, will be the clubs that are the most successful.

With the above in mind then for me Lambert hasn't been given a chance to build a squad capable of consistently playing good football and achieving decent results. The quality of the players he has been able to bring in simply aren't of a high enough standard. The reason for this is that we seem no longer willing to pay the level of wages that quality players will want.

I am really frustrated by what we are serving up currently and do believe that our points total isn't a reflection of our performances and that we have more points than we deserve. With that in mind I do genuinely fear that if performances don't improve dramatically then we will find ourselves in the mire again this season.

Lambert needs some major backing from Lerner. The squad needs rebuilding for me as despite the players never giving less than 100%  the quality isn't good enough. You could have Lambert or Mourinho with Guardiola as his assistant in charge but without backing then the squad will never improve from where it is now and the performances will continue to reflect the overall quality of that squad.

Great post, too bad it get's lost in the everlasting bickering in this thread

• Like 1

This is a tough one for me as I am someone that actually rates Lambert but I am also someone who refuses to be blinded by that and have to be honest. With that in mind I can't say anything other than that what I have seen us serve up over the last 3 months or so has in the main been dire.

I also have to say that beyond our first 11, which is good enough to finish around mid-table, then the squad as a whole is arguably one of the worst I have seen in my 30 odd years following this great club.

The blame for both the standard of our performances and quality of our squad though for me doesn't rest solely with Lambert. The majority of the blame rests with Lerner. You pretty much in football reap what you sow. In the main the more you are willing to pay players in wages the better standard of player you will attract. There will of course always be exceptions to this but those clubs with the biggest wages bills, providing they have a good manager, will be the clubs that are the most successful.

With the above in mind then for me Lambert hasn't been given a chance to build a squad capable of consistently playing good football and achieving decent results. The quality of the players he has been able to bring in simply aren't of a high enough standard. The reason for this is that we seem no longer willing to pay the level of wages that quality players will want.

I am really frustrated by what we are serving up currently and do believe that our points total isn't a reflection of our performances and that we have more points than we deserve. With that in mind I do genuinely fear that if performances don't improve dramatically then we will find ourselves in the mire again this season.

Lambert needs some major backing from Lerner. The squad needs rebuilding for me as despite the players never giving less than 100%  the quality isn't good enough. You could have Lambert or Mourinho with Guardiola as his assistant in charge but without backing then the squad will never improve from where it is now and the performances will continue to reflect the overall quality of that squad.

...of which you are a prime contributor!

PS waiting for Morpheus to 'like' this post

PPS Like Roy Keane....just one example..... :crylaugh:

Edited by VillaCas

This is just cherry-picking now. What about Southampton, Norwich and Arsenal? What about the fact that before last weekend we hadn't lost away to a team outside the top 4 for over a year? What about the fact that before the Fulham game we'd lost just once away from home all season, and that was a narrow loss to Chelsea to a goal that shouldn't have been allowed.

What about the performances against West Ham and Hull and mentioning a goal that shouldn't have been allowed.

We were two down against WBA and could have been four down with missed chances. All conjecture and what ifs.

I'm not even cherry-picking really, just countering your own cherry-picked example.

We have the 6th best away record in the league. That is a fact. If our manager and players really are so bad then how come our away record is so good?

Not cherry picking Mantis, really?

You've just selected one part of our performance in the season ignoring other performances within that selection and totally ignoring the overall to include our home form. You've also criticised posters for using one form of stats yet you have also done the same.

Please don't accuse me of something which you are guilty of yourself.

Initially he said all the right things and spent a lot of money. Not sure this can be classified as having done a lot of good things when looking back with hindsight.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Investing more money into the playing side is not doing a good thing? Rebuilding the training ground is not doing a good thing?

Spending more money than he could really afford and then slashing expenditure to try to get back on track is not a good thing.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

...of which you are a prime contributor!

PS waiting for Morpheus to 'like' this post

PPS Like Roy Keane....just one example..... :crylaugh:

Nice try!

Also having this money in the form of loans to the club hardly seems a good thing.

And all those good things have led to 4 years of utter shit.

Not cherry picking Mantis, really?

You've just selected one part of our performance in the season ignoring other performances within that selection and totally ignoring the overall to include our home form. You've also criticised posters for using one form of stats yet you have also done the same.

Please don't accuse me of something which you are guilty of yourself.

You responded with one example (the Fulham game) when the away form was mentioned. I responded to that by pointing out that we've won more away from home than we've lost this season.

We were talking about the away form FFS! Why would the home form be mentioned there?

I'm not guilty of what I'm accusing you of.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Yes I wonder how any business makes sure it doesn't spend more than it can afford. Must just be luck for all those that manage it.

No-one has said we expect to sign 16 superstars on a budget but what we do expect is that they are able to either keep possession or pass to a team mate on a regular basis and you can be a leader on the pitch while not costing much (Roy Keane) just one example.

hahahaha...hilarious....Lambert should have scouted 16 Roy Keane's ...........they're out there you know!!   :crylaugh:

...."just one example".........hahahaha

Funny how you didn't answer any of my questions in my previous post to you and then select something in which i have quoted just one example.

Yeah hilarious alright.

I fully answered your previous post??

Like others you've worn me down with the sheer lucicrousness of your posts - I'm fed up arguing with you for now and Im off to do something more interesting insteand

"Why doesnt he sign more players like Roy Keane? just one example!" .............you're on a different planet

bye for now

Nice try VillaCas. I see after just making one reply to my previous questions you have subsequently edited your post and then posted the above and again no i didn't say 'why doesn't he sign more players like Roy Keane' but as you did before and i'm sure you'll do again we'll find you coming back when we get a good result.

The blame for both the standard of our performances and quality of our squad though for me doesn't rest solely with Lambert. The majority of the blame rests with Lerner. You pretty much in football reap what you sow. In the main the more you are willing to pay players in wages the better standard of player you will attract. There will of course always be exceptions to this but those clubs with the biggest wage bills, providing they have a good manager, will be the clubs that are the most successful.

Absolutely on the money with that.