Paul Lambert

Pilchard

I don't understand why the fees are being discussed and wages ignored.

Because apparently the wages are outside of the capital expenditure figure and are taken into account in recurrings, or operational figures. I think that's what Risso said.

I don't understand why the fees are being discussed and wages ignored.

I'm with you John. I said in a previos post that even if we agree a fee with a selling club, we're not going to lure the player here with the wages we pay.  Hence why we have the players that we have.

It's the same with those calling for Lambert to be sacked.  What other decent manager will want to come here and work with the shit squad and tiny budget that Randy will offer?  The job's a poisoned chalice!

This was the bit that confirmed that last year we spend £21.7m, which bar a few hundred grand, agrees to the reported total cost of Lowton and Westwood etc:

http://www.villatalk.com/index.php/topic/10285-last-set-of-accounts/page-2#entry1135591

I have no idea, so just a guess here, but could that include signing on bonuses, agents fees and other extras?

Or possibly that the timeline covered by the accounts, does not exactly match the signings that Lambert made?

Who are these people that have actually stated that Lambert should be sacked?

In the last few pages, both Risso and drat01 have specifically said it.

Wow, 2 people. Stop the press!

Oh, it looked like you were implying no-one had.

The way some people go on you would think that the forum was swimming in them.

Nuremberg, with 3 likes too

Brumstopdogs

Do you want him out?

• Like 1

Nuremberg, with 3 likes too

Brumstopdogs

Do you want him out?

I couldn't care less one way or the other. I would lose no sleep if he got sacked and life goes on if he doesn't.

Im not bothered about Lambert either way. I dont think he is tactically very good and I dont think he can pick a player either.

He has has performed poorly given the amount of money he has spent

Did Lambert really expect to do well with a bunch of players from lower leagues worth an average of 2 million each in the "Premier league". This team would be no where near QPR in the Championship. Lambert was never gonna make this team play there hearts out every game and it really shows. Nearly everyone was saying it could never work and I really don't think it is.

In the end Lambert took the job he new the restraints and had the belief we would become a quality entertaining team. In my eyes he has not achieved this, so who's to blame???

Did Lambert really expect to do well with a bunch of players from lower leagues worth an average of 2 million each in the "Premier league". This team would be no where near QPR in the Championship. Lambert was never gonna make this team play there hearts out every game and it really shows. Nearly everyone was saying it could never work and I really don't think it is.

In the end Lambert took the job he new the restraints and had the belief we would become a quality entertaining team. In my eyes he has not achieved this, so who's to blame???

This would be QPR, the most expensively assembled relegated team ever who are light years ahead of the 11th placed team in the premiership......got you  ;) 

• Like 3

This was the bit that confirmed that last year we spend £21.7m, which bar a few hundred grand, agrees to the reported total cost of Lowton and Westwood etc:

http://www.villatalk.com/index.php/topic/10285-last-set-of-accounts/page-2#entry1135591

I have no idea, so just a guess here, but could that include signing on bonuses, agents fees and other extras?

Or possibly that the timeline covered by the accounts, does not exactly match the signings that Lambert made?

Nope, sorry, that's not it.  The note in the accounts covered Summer 2012 and January 2013, ie Lambert's first two transfer windows.

But this is not "in the end" though is it?  This is a season and a half where he's gutted the team that was relegation fodder under McLeish and stripped down the costs. Yes we were relegation fodder last season but achieved the same as the season before using a far less expensive squad.  Not progress for the fans, sure, but progress for his employer.

Whilst reducing the ongoing cost even more,we've started to pick up some results placing us midtable.  Midtable is above where the quality of the squad lies, and above the paygrade of most of the players too.  For me that's tick number 2.

As BigJohn says, once some more of the big earners are gone in the summer we'll see if Randy has any plans to back his manager.  I'm hoping that the steps backwards in order to go forwards were what persuaded PL and his team to leave Norwich for us in the first place.

Points on the board with this team is more of a priority than the style of play. The good thing about the players brought in is that we should have very little problem selling them on to any European club due to their low wage demands.  We'll probably turn a tidy profit on a few too.  I'm hoping we'll be selling the likes of Sylla, Bowery, KEA, Bacuna because we'll have the backing to buy better quality players in their place at some point, but that's down to Randy.

As far as Lambert goes, I don't think there would be many that could do a better job given the circumstances.  The comparisons earlier in the threat to Martinez at Everton are like having two cars in a race.  One team is given more money to modify their car than the other, but that same team also had a better car to start with, so not too hard to see which car is going to win - but is that the fault of the driver?

This would be QPR, the most expensively assembled relegated team ever who are light years ahead of the 11th placed team in the premiership......got you  ;)

Ok i take your point. Although I doubt we are any better than, Burnley, Leicester, Derby even. I think we would struggle to get out of the championship.