Paul Lambert

Pilchard

The one thing Lerner fears is another manager hunt. So reckon lambert is pretty safe. I do feel Lambert needs at least 2 convincing wins from the 4 games below:-

Stoke (Away)

Palace (Home)

Swansea (Home)

Sunderland (Away)

Sure we could loose all 4 , with barley a whimper from Lerner. - But poor results in those games and Lambert would be in lame duck mode - as some one said at the start of the week its 50/50 whether he's here next season - which I agree with.

For me this is where we be able to get a proper view of how the season is going, the next 4 games are very important and it'll mean we're around the halfway mark of the season. The games aren't going to be easy, but they're against 3 teams below us and 1 team that are just above us. If they go badly we could well be on our way to another scrap, if they go well we could be talking about a top half finish potentially.

I think hes signed players that fit in well to the systems he tries to play, unlike Lambert IMO. Spurs defensively started well but goals is just a real problem for them, if they had anyone half decent up front I think they would be up there.

Just looked at Spurs results, they have had a couple of bad ones but overall are okay and in touch with the top 4. Iv seen them a lot they pass the ball well and movement from midfield isn't a problem, they look much better with Defoe up front and they created a load of chances against Sunderland when he started.

I think you might be on the wrong forum?

I think hes signed players that fit in well to the systems he tries to play, unlike Lambert IMO. Spurs defensively started well but goals is just a real problem for them, if they had anyone half decent up front I think they would be up there.

Just looked at Spurs results, they have had a couple of bad ones but overall are okay and in touch with the top 4. Iv seen them a lot they pass the ball well and movement from midfield isn't a problem, they look much better with Defoe up front and they created a load of chances against Sunderland when he started.

I think you might be on the wrong forum?

I forgot to quote someone I was replying to.

If Spurs want Lambert to replace AVB, they can have him but I wouldn't want AVB in return.

he was useless with Chelsea and now that he has compiled his own squad at Spurs he looks pretty hopeless with them.

Why on earth would spurs want lambert? He's done nothing since hes been here to further his reputation. He was a realistic candidate for spurs/liverpool when they were both searching before we hired him but now now.

Living in London I can tell you all that Villa is pretty much anonymous down here.

Nobody talks about us (unless I bring Villa up in the conversation) and nobody cares about us. We are dire and predictable. On the odd occasion that I've talked about Villa it just raises contempt for the football we play. It's actually come to a point that my work colleagues think the premier league would be better off without this great club.

I really hope that Lerner and Lambert know what they're doing with this five year plan because I've seen better 'progress' from pub teams.

Our one-dimensional hit and hope counter attack has been well and truly sussed now so expect a torrid second half of the season. I think we'll beat relegation by a whisker again.

Oh, and for those who think that league position is the only indicator of progress (which it isn't) think about this: We are six points from third from bottom but fourteen points from Third.

Top post, that is the reality of where we are.

Because it tends to be a cosmopolitan city where people gravitate to from all over the country and world. People down here do talk about all kinds of teams (granted there are a load of plastic reds and pool fans). I happen to think its quite indicative of our status in the game.

Absolute tosh.

Utter Drivel. 

There you go. Your turn.

• Like 1

The one thing Lerner fears is another manager hunt. So reckon lambert is pretty safe. I do feel Lambert needs at least 2 convincing wins from the 4 games below:-

Stoke (Away)

Palace (Home)

Swansea (Home)

Sunderland (Away)

Sure we could loose all 4 , with barley a whimper from Lerner. - But poor results in those games and Lambert would be in lame duck mode - as some one said at the start of the week its 50/50 whether he's here next season - which I agree with.

For me this is where we be able to get a proper view of how the season is going, the next 4 games are very important and it'll mean we're around the halfway mark of the season. The games aren't going to be easy, but they're against 3 teams below us and 1 team that are just above us. If they go badly we could well be on our way to another scrap, if they go well we could be talking about a top half finish potentially.

I think you're right - after Swansea we are halfway through the season. 5+ points from those games and we are on 24+ at the halfway stage and firmly mid-table.

Because it tends to be a cosmopolitan city where people gravitate to from all over the country and world. People down here do talk about all kinds of teams (granted there are a load of plastic reds and pool fans). I happen to think its quite indicative of our status in the game.

Absolute tosh.

Utter Drivel. 

There you go. Your turn.

Well it is bollocks. How is using London, which is nowhere near Birmingham, 'indicative of our status in the game'?

Forgetting the huge clubs and the London clubs, who else would be talked about in London? Swansea? Everton? Newcastle?

Edited by StefanAVFC

We should win all those, but swansea might be a tough one Would be nice to have 4 victories in a row.

I think we can do it. Who`s with me?

I'm with you, I also think it is possible we could lose all 4, but it isn't beyond the imagination that we could go on and take all 12 points from those games.

Imagine being on 31 points at the start of January? Last season, on the 2nd of January this year, we had 19 points - same amount as we have already.

It is definitely possible but again, we will have to just wait and see. Fingers crossed though ey!

I've lived in London for 2 years and unless you want to talk about Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham, Fulham or QPR, you're gonna struggle.

Exactly. Because they're 1) either in London or 2) Have most of their fanbase in London.

Get in Solskjaer or something. I don't know, just get someone who actually wants to play football.

Well he is available right now. He is still under contract, but he did not sign an extension this month, he postponed it for a month to think things through with his family. So an offer would probably interest him.

He actually got back in form this season and had a real turn around. The thing that you don`t probably know is that they are quite well funded since he came, it`s not like has done something like Lambert has here. Their equivalent would be something like Chelsea. Maybe city but it haven`t been that bad, he just has an upper hand over here because of who he is. It would be a different story here and I am not so sure he would do much better than Lambert at this stage. He would however play football very differently....

I've lived in London for 2 years and unless you want to talk about Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham, Fulham or QPR, you're gonna struggle.

Exactly. Because they're 1) either in London or 2) Have most of their fanbase in London.

3) Who cares about what people think of Aston Villa in London

• Like 2

We should win all those, but swansea might be a tough one Would be nice to have 4 victories in a row.

I think we can do it. Who`s with me?

I'll have some of what you're taking please. Edited by Harry

Get in Solskjaer or something. I don't know, just get someone who actually wants to play football.

Well he is available right now. He is still under contract, but he did not sign an extension this month, he postponed it for a month to think things through with his family. So an offer would probably interest him.

He actually got back in form this season and had a real turn around. The thing that you don`t probably know is that they are quite well funded since he came, it`s not like has done something like Lambert has here. Their equivalent would be something like Chelsea. Maybe city but it haven`t been that bad, he just has an upper hand over here because of who he is. It would be a different story here and I am not so sure he would do much better than Lambert at this stage. He would however play football very differently....

Not with the players Lerner would stump up for he wouldn't!!

I wouldnt expect londoners to care about villa, why would they? Secondly i dont give a shit what any of those cockneys think about this club.

99% of Londoners aren't cockney, just like 99% of people in the midlands aren't from Market Harborough.