Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Lambert after the game today...

"I thought they scored against the run of play in the second half. We were playing really well, with confidence and the crowd were really up for it."

:huh: 

He's right though. At that point we had our tails up and it was against the run of play.

"I thought they scored against the run of play in the second half. We were playing really well, with confidence and the crowd were really up for it."

Nah, I say that's fair. Their second was definitely against the run of play at that point in the match. Benteke had just come on and narrowly missed the free header and we were really looking the likely side to score up until the Soldado goal. 

I know he has to try and put a positive outlook on the game but does he think anyone who has just watched the match are going to believe him.

I know he has to try and put a positive outlook on the game but does he think anyone who has just watched the match are going to believe him.

I do. 

I'm not long back from Villa Park and I'd say Lamberts assessment is a fair one.

We were most definitely on top in the second half when Spurs scored. Pushing forward as we were there was always a chance Spurs could grab another and so it proved. The second goal pretty much knocked the stuffing out of us and the result was never in doubt after that.

In all fairness I think we did OK today and Lambert got the best out of what he had at his disposal given the level of the opposition. Spurs have spent a fortune since Villas Boas arrived and he also inherited a good group of players and Lambert in comparison during the same time has spent very little and inherited a lot of over paid, over the hill tripe.

Spurs are now sadly on a different level to us and that won't change unless Lambert gets significant sums both in terms of fees and wages. If he doesn't then we will continue to be what we will be this season - a mid table side who will do their best and be capable of the odd shock result.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

Have to agree Isa. You have to commend Lambert for it but it is just pure spin.

Spurs were a class above us particularly in the second half and i'm not too confident after that performance that we're going to get too many points in our next set of fixtures.

Have to agree Isa. You have to commend Lambert for it but it is just pure spin.

Spurs were a class above us particularly in the second half and i'm not too confident after that performance that we're going to get too many points in our next set of fixtures.

There's no shame in losing to Spurs but there is no excuse for the abject football on offer at home. Nor the fact that Lambert doesn't have a clear Plan A let alone Plan B. It is a chore watching our home games, it realky is. Has been since McLeish and not really improved under Lambert.

It isn't spin though. It's the truth. If he'd said we were on top for the whole game then yes I'd agree with you but he didn't say that.

It is spin because we didn't create anything to have got a result. Just an insult to our intelligence to claim anything other then that.

Needs to stop being so **** stubborn and change the formation and personal, we looked dangerous soon as CB came on, so I haven't got a clue why he decided to start Kozak instead. 

how do we know Benteke wasn't fully fit? 

He could have had a slight twang and Lambert felt that 30 minutes was all he could handle. 

He's deluded, if he honestly thinks that.

It isn't spin though. It's the truth. If he'd said we were on top for the whole game then yes I'd agree with you but he didn't say that.

It is spin because we didn't create anything to have got a result. Just an insult to our intelligence to claim anything other then that.

I've seen us create less than that and still win, but that wasn't what he said in the quoted post anyway.

Edited by Mantis

He's deluded, if he honestly thinks that.

We were looking better just before the goal so i will give him that

However saying "sometimes you come away from a game knowing you haven't given it a go but I can't fault the lads for the way they went about it" is ridiculous

At what point Paul did we give this game a go exactly?

Spurs won lying down