Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Morpheus is the new Con. Can't help but troll every thread and turn it into a negative whine fest. Can't even bring himself to say he likes the new tunnel

Haha. I said the same thing before. And having read the last page I just thought it again. Con seemed a bit more innocent in his trolling. I think Morphy likes to wind people up. I think he enjoys playing on the internet a bit much. 

Your probably right stating i enjoy being on the internet especially responding to posters who quote text from other posters which is completely wrong....again.

he wanted Harry Redknapp last season along with Adam and Berbatov  :D

Would that be the same Harry Redknapp that brought through Rio Ferdinand, Joe Cole, Michael Carrick and Frank Lampard from the West Ham Academy. The same Harry Redknapp that qualified West Ham for Europe. The same Harry Redknapp that won the FA Cup in 2008 and then guided Spurs who were at the bottom of the table before he arrived to two fourth place finishes in three seasons getting Spurs into the Champions League and reaching the last 16 of that competition. The same Harry Redknapp that was instrumental in making Gareth Bale the player he is today.

While Lambert has, let me see, broken every one of the wrong type of records for our club and then very nearly relegating us.

The same Berbatov who was Fulham's top scorer last season and the same Charlie Adam who is only now coming back from the death of his father.

Excellent comparisons Zatman only they don't quite substantiate your little dig. 

Or no-one met our valuation.

There was still a huge part of the transfer window left when Benteke signed an improved contract. More than enough time for clubs to meet our valuation if he hadn't been persuaded to sign.

As we've already seen signing a contract does not insure the player staying if a suitable bid comes in.

No-one met our valuation.

Obviously. Nobody is arguing otherwise, obviously nobody met the valuation.

The point in question though was what did Lambert do to convince him to sign a new deal given there was a large amount of the window left and there was still plenty of time for a team to meet it.

The discussion point had nothing to do with his valuation.

It would have been a contributing factor would it not if the rumours concerning Spurs and Benteke's agent were correct.

It would therefore be a very blinkered view not to consider that also in the discussion as you put it.

Ha ha, you want to call peoples views blinkered. Now that is funny.

No it wouldn't have been a contributing factor in my view given that there was still plenty of time left in the window.

I think it was a mistake in hindsight to not start with Benteke, he was clearly fit to play. I get the point that Glenn Hoddle made before the game about risk but it would have started the game with a big feel good factor and would have changed the complexion of the match. Dwight Yorke was looking at the decision in this point of view also, we would have carried a much greater threat throughout the game with the extra confidence throughout all of his team mates too

Which clubs was Redknapp the sole reason for bankruptcy?

I also note you haven't mentioned Lambert in your comparison. Why's that. :D

Where in my post did I say Redknapp was the sole reason for bankruptcy?

Because I thought I'd focus on the Redknapp love-in. I couldn't be bothered to counter your "Lambert has broken all the wrong records" comment because quite frankly I don't think you'll ever say anything good about Lambert regardless of what he does. It's clear there are agendas in play here.

The reality is that were are so depressing to watch at Villa Park bar the freak second halfs we get against Man. City and Sunderland from time to time.

From playing Spurs last boxing day to today, we've had 15 premier league fixtures at Villa Park and we've conceded the first goal in 10 of them. It sets the tone for the same predictable home performances we see so often.

Is it really too much to ask to expect to win more than 5 home games in a season?

Not sure there's too many solutions in the present squad until Lambert actually decides to sign a creative midfielder who can actually make an immediate impact in the first team.

Everton will be another very tough fixture to win. Obviously Benteke starting is a no brainer and really Syllla should be starting aswell. I also don't think playing Gabby and Weimann in the same team for home games can continue much longer tbh, Tonev looked lively in his cameo today so I'd consider throwing him as a wildcard against Everton or maybe even try Helenius in a deeper role.

I still only think we have had three truly good home performances under Lambert...Swansea, Arsenal and Sunderland. Generally though our home performances haven't been much better then they were under McLeish and it looks like it will stay that way for a good while. 

In fairness it's not just a Lambert issue, we underachieved at home in the MON years aswell.

I just think Villa Park is just a comfortable venue for away teams when they turn up, nice changing rooms, nice wide pitch, not really a hostile crowd and a team who'll sit back and let you get into your stride.

,Lambert can still at least try to mix things up a bit though e.g. not starting Gabby and Weimann every bleeding home game we play is one thing I'd look at shaking up.

I notice you only mention Redknapps success and none of his failures yet don't list any of Lamberts successes in football. Why's that.

Thats a fair question.

I didn't mention any of Redknapp's failures because they have been mentioned enough on here trying to imply he is a poor manager which he most certainly isn't.

Lambert's successes have been minor and difficult to compare with anything that Redknapp has achieved. 

Is there any other team in the league with a bigger gulf between their away form and home form? Our away form is probably good enough for the top 6 yet our home form is normally barely enough to keep us out of the relegation zone.

Because I thought I'd focus on the Redknapp love-in. I couldn't be bothered to counter your "Lambert has broken all the wrong records" comment because quite frankly I don't think you'll ever say anything good about Lambert regardless of what he does. It's clear there are agendas in play here.

The same Redknapp that has bankrupted almost every club he's been at? The same Redknapp that came into a struggling QPR side last November, spent a load of money in January and were tamely relegated?

The same Redknapp that has bankrupted almost every club he's been at? The same Redknapp that came into a struggling QPR side last November, spent a load of money in January and were tamely relegated?

And if you'll look the post you quoted says nothing about him being the sole reason. He certainly contributed though.

At the age off 44 (same as Lambert), Redknapp was coming to the end of his Bournemouth career, high points included beating Man United, the 3rd division title, low points relegation.

That is more than fair comment dk but the poster was trying to ridicule the fact that i had wanted Redknapp as manager implying that Redknapp wasn't or isn't a good manager.

His record implies otherwise and it was as fair to point that out as it was for you to point out your comparison.