Paul Lambert

Pilchard

It's good we have put a time limit on any benteke deal, the last thing we need is it dragging on for weeks - i expect lambert has contacts watching possible replacements .

May I just add , I have come here after several years at h&v forum and am very impressed with what I've seen so far - thanks for making me welcome .

Hmmmm, a spy you say...

;)

No sir :) I'm here for the duration - time for a change.

Welcome Eastie. You'll find all types here but, generally, I've found it's a site worth staying on.

Cheers mate , nice to be part of it .

I think outside the top 6 there's not a lot to choose from the rest - If Albion could finish 8th so could we - if we lose bnteke its a blow but i think lambert has spent well and will do so again - I'm optimistic about the season ahead.

• Like 2

I think we really need to make Benteke stay ! All teams are strengthing .. Other than that I think we might end up in a relegation battle ! 

I think it is ridiculously early to be saying that with any confidence.

We have strengthened too.  We have bought players the manager wants and we were excited about and we did it before any other clubs bought any other players,  virtually,  and this was welcomed too as it meant our business was done sooner so that the new players had longer with us.

Now other teams are buying players too.  So what.

I would also add that our exciting group of players that were just getting to know each other last season,  and this was demonstrated by our form of the last 3 months,  are also "strengthened" by that experience and of the fact that they are all now knowledgeable of themselves and their team mates.

Far too soon to be calling relegation candidates

Why can't we just have a normal summer for once?

we've not had a normal summer where we can build a team with the same manager and the same players (that we want to keep obv) for yrs now

I think we really need to make Benteke stay ! All teams are strengthing .. Other than that I think we might end up in a relegation battle ! 

I think it is ridiculously early to be saying that with any confidence.

We have strengthened too.  We have bought players the manager wants and we were excited about and we did it before any other clubs bought any other players,  virtually,  and this was welcomed too as it meant our business was done sooner so that the new players had longer with us.

Now other teams are buying players too.  So what.

I would also add that our exciting group of players that were just getting to know each other last season,  and this was demonstrated by our form of the last 3 months,  are also "strengthened" by that experience and of the fact that they are all now knowledgeable of themselves and their team mates.

Far too soon to be calling relegation candidates

Well .. We don't know the ability of the players we got .. + Most of them are either will begin on the bench .. or will replace our best performance .. 

Tonev might start ahead of Weimann who was good .. Bacuna or Helenius may start ahead one the midfield trio .. Okore and Luna who I could say are replacing our weak areas ..

I'm fine with all that .. And I think with Tonev and Gabby we might be one of the fastest teams in the league and one of the best counter attaking .. But all of that including Benteke ..

Other than that .. I'm afraid for the worse !

Our strength in the last 3 months was because we put 3 players in the midfielders .. mostly defensive minded .. But we were ok because of Benteke (Not forgetting Gabby too) .. Our benefit from Benteke wasn't only scoring or even creating chances .. But the fear from other teams make a lot of space for Gabby to strike !

I'm afraid that we could end up play s**t as we played against Wigan in the last game of the season !

all that said might be ok ..

But we have a tough tough start ! Without Benteke we might end up being battered as we did in the boxing day ..

0 points from 3 .. Without performance .. -9 GA .. All confidence will be gone .. And even the players will think that the whole performance last year was from Benteke !

That's what I'm really being afraid from !

if Benteke goes I hope Lambert has had a replacement lined up for some time, I wouldn't want him to  be rushed into making a decision on a striker he wasn't 100% sure on. I still really want him to sign a good AM though. 

Why can't we just have a normal summer for once?

we've not had a normal summer where we can build a team with the same manager and the same players (that we want to keep obv) for yrs now

That's why we need to force Benteke to stay and send a strong message for all teams to piss off .. So that we could have atleast 2 years from every star player ! Play the hard ball and we'll have rest in the summer !

Jury's definitely still out with Lambert. He is getting a lot of praise for his signing because they are young and foreign.  The could all be pants.  If we are in a relegation battle around Christmas time fans will be calling for his head again.

I think outside the top 6 there's not a lot to choose from the rest - If Albion could finish 8th so could we - if we lose bnteke its a blow but i think lambert has spent well and will do so again - I'm optimistic about the season ahead.

But who is that replacement ?! The problem is teams as Southampton and Swansea are spending cash from nowhere ! And they're getting foreign players as we're ..

If we sold Benteke .. mostly we won't have someone as Wilfred Bony .. And Swansea team already finished above us last season ..

Put it this way .. It might be little bit strange .. but that's how I put it ..

Stick with Benteke .. We might end up top 8 or even top 7 ..

Without Benteke we might be in the relegation battle !

Jury's definitely still out with Lambert. He is getting a lot of praise for his signing because they are young and foreign.  The could all be pants.  If we are in a relegation battle around Christmas time fans will be calling for his head again.

There were definitely some fans calling for his head last Christmas but they were a very very small and vocal minority. Not even the stands turned on Lambert. So the word 'again' I think is a little disingenuous given that by and large, Villa fans have never wavered in their support. To their credit.

fair enough. 'Some' fans will be calling for his head again :)

But who is that replacement ?! The problem is teams as Southampton and Swansea are spending cash from nowhere ! And they're getting foreign players as we're ..

If we sold Benteke .. mostly we won't have someone as Wilfred Bony .. And Swansea team already finished above us last season ..

Last year had you heard of Christian Benteke? I doubt not. 

Lambert is good at his job, and I fully trust him to know who the replacement for Benteke will be...

Lambert is the man, we'll never get any where if we throw away his hard work and sack him for some foreign guff.

I wouldn't want us to sack him but I'd say 'foreign guffs' generally do as well if not better than British managers.  So didn't quite understand that comment.

Last year had you heard of Christian Benteke? I doubt not. 

Lambert is good at his job, and I fully trust him to know who the replacement for Benteke will be...

Yeah I'm with you .. But again even with Benteke we've struggled .. Keeping him for a year would send a message too .. And tbh it's really hard to replace someone as Benteke .. I agree that Lambert could get someone .. But not so sure if any are available atm ..