• Vodafone - PAYG
    • Three - Monthly
    • Three - PAYG
    • Virgin - Monthly
    • Virgin - PAYG
    • GiffGaff
    • Ovivo
    • TalkTalk Mobile

I was with Three a couple of years ago, they're the cheapest but their signal was terrible (no signal in my old Solihull house) and when I went to cancel it took ages with one of their Indian call centres.

I might sell my cracked screened S3 in the New Year and buy my contract out, either the Z1 or Note 3 are my favourites at the moment. Might just stick to a unlimited 3G plan, but I fear if I get a 24 month contract then knowing my luck 4G tariffs will come tumbling down in price next year.

I wonder if three will have to reword this when they roll out 4G:

Does all you can eat data come with any limits?  The limit is how much your device can consume – if you were to actively use data or the Internet on your phone every second, of every day, in every month (and we would be worried if you were !!!!) you would, subject to the current traffic management requirements (which vary from time to time), use up to 1000GB per month.  So in essence there is a limit of how much data you can actually consume which is up to 1000GB.  All this means that you can have absolute peace of mind and enjoy all the internet you need on your smartphone, without worrying.

I was with Three a couple of years ago, they're the cheapest but their signal was terrible (no signal in my old Solihull house) and when I went to cancel it took ages with one of their Indian call centres.

I might sell my cracked screened S3 in the New Year and buy my contract out, either the Z1 or Note 3 are my favourites at the moment. Might just stick to a unlimited 3G plan, but I fear if I get a 24 month contract then knowing my luck 4G tariffs will come tumbling down in price next year.

Another reason to get a sim only contract. I've been with three for 10 years now, switched the Mrs to them and also my mom. Never had a problem with them. I'm in a small village in Devon now and I've got full signal. I don't think 4g will make much difference unless downloading films etc. Therefore I like knowing that when I get it, I'll still be paying the same money every month.

• Like 1

Finally moved away from T-Mobile on my old £15 a month unlimited data (but actually 5GB FUP) contract that was worth keeping.

Went to GiffGaff but sometimes I need to tether a lot of data when on hols so I had to use data limited goodybags to be allowed to tether. Then the o2 network is hopeless for coverage.

So I'm now on the 3 one plan. 12 month contract but I get 3.9G *everywhere*, it's £15 a month, and it's all you can eat data with no FUP. Absolutely superb.

I use that on Three, BRILLIANT coverage.

:)

My primary number is now on Three on the rolling 30 day all you can eat data tariff.

It's an extra 3 quid a month compared to the 12 month contract, but I've no intention of being locked in to a contract again.

I don'y understand why people still use PAYG when Ovivo is available. One off £20 fee and if you're anything like me never need to top up again.

Because not everyone is like you?

I don'y understand why people still use PAYG when Ovivo is available. One off £20 fee and if you're anything like me never need to top up again.

If I joined Ovivo it would cost me at least £20 a month, not such a good deal compared to Three.

So why would a PAYG person not want Ovivo? 200 minutes, 300 texts, 500mb data for free every month.. (free unlimited ovivo to ovivo calls)

Their rates outside of this allowance are also very good.

What I meant by "anything like me" is that I don't use my phone enough to go over the initial allowance.

Yes if youre using 500+ minutes every month I undestand, but then you are probably better off being on a contract/sim only deal rather than PAYG anyway.

Edited by Junxs

I'm a PAYG person (I think, not really sure what this means). I use a VPN. Therefore I can't use Ovivo.

Anyway, they are an MVNO on Vodafone so I'd need to hang out of a window to use it at home.