• Lowton
    • N'Zogbia
    • Westwood
    • Delph
    • Bent
    • Weimann
    • Banna (for Delph 39)
    • Bowery (for Weimann 81)

Absolute bollocks. How long does this have to go on for? Lambert has taken a poor side from last year and turned them into a laughing stock, spending £20 million (or whatever it is) in the process.

Your time is up for me Lambert.

If he is going to be sacked it will be after the window closes.

Lerner either backs Lambert with money or gets rid and gambles on a new motivational/tactical force.

At the moment he appears to be backing him but refusing to give him the players he needs ...... that's stupid.

Personally, the alarming tactical failings in recent games suggest Lambert has lost either the support of the players or the ability to coach at this level in this situation ...... or both.

110% guaranteed relegation as things stand ...... we could even fail to pick up another point and finish last !

Edited by Paul33

We are at that point now where we're at such a low point; confidence is absolutely demolished, the manager is just some sort of forlorn figure staring into the abyss. It's weird but i'm sort of finding these results easier to take now because the sheer sense of inevitability that we've had it - down and out without a whimper. 

Only really heard about an hour of the game but the second half sounded more or less the same as recent games. Players scared, no team shape or any sort of team unity, it's obvious to me that the players are as resigned to their fate as much as we are. The situation is clearly now proving too big for Lambert, his body language says it all, he's absolutely lost. Of course it doesn't help when you hear time and time and time and time again that Bannan/Clark/Bennett losing the ball, pretty much meaning that whenever we lose possession immediate pressure is heaped back on us and it affects every area of the team. We have a lot of really, really bad players. 

I sort of thought after the loss to Wigan that things would get a lot worse before they got better and this is our lowest point, i'm not sure it can get much lower until relegation, which will now happen. A really odd last few weeks as a football fan and i don't know what happens from here but neither does anyone else at the club. Odd times. 

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Does anyone else just kind of get the feeling...no-one really knows what to do? Like, literally. No-one? Does the club have a plan? Does anyone have any ideas?

I'm at a loss. what is our strategy? Who run's the club? Anyone?

We'll go again though even after this, won't we?

Seriously, I think a lot of us (myself included) saw what we wanted to see in Lambert.

Yes his back-to-back promotions were impressive.

There were a few more cautious posters who talked about the number of managers who'd had one good season in the Premier League (the first season their team come up) before disappearing back down the divisions never to be seen again.

There were also posters who picked up on the poor jobs Lambert had done at several other clubs prior to Norwich coming calling.

Sadly it appears very much as if the latter two were right.

I'll admit, I was wrong to want Lambert here. I don't think he's a bad manager, Norwich proves that he isn't entirely. It's just we were already in the downward spiral and whether we don't suit him, Lerner making hos job a million times more difficult or him just being way out his league, I don't believe he has the ability to turn us around. Confidence is gone and like the government at the moment, the cuts were too deep too quick.

I'd say time for him to go but I'm not sure there's anyone who would come to us now who could turn us around. Look at this way, can you not see Wigan or Reading at least getting one more point than us over the rest of this season, in out current state I can't see QPR not getting at least 5 more than us. 

Basically we're ****.

Edited by MWindle

Is it not the wage cap that Lerner has enforced that is the issue rather than the available transfer kitty ?

Is it not the case that Lambert has spent money but only been able to buy players who fit Lerner's enforced salary cap ..... ie: lower division players ?

Was it not the enforcement of the wage cap that, in effect, caused MON to depart ?

Is it not the case that Lerner wants to run a break-even Premiership club and is it not the case that this is actually impossible ?

I have a hunch that Lambert isn't the real problem here as he is being asked to manage at the top level but without being allowed to pay top level wages.

Edited by Paul33
  • Like 2

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Does anyone else just kind of get the feeling...no-one really knows what to do? Like, literally. No-one? Does the club have a plan? Does anyone have any ideas?

I'm at a loss. what is our strategy? Who run's the club? Anyone?

This is exactly the way I feel. I'm really scared where Villa will be in a few years. We're going the way of Nottingham Forrest, Leeds United and the others. We're ****.

I don't think sacking Lambert is the right move. He's a decent manager, we saw what he did with Norwich. He's had a very depleted side this season and now that some of our players are coming back, I think we'll start to pick up a few surprise points. I'm still very confident we'll stay up if PL stays in charge. Disappointed with the performance tonight but at least we can concentrate on the league.

Lambert like a broken record "we go again, we go again ......"

His tactics are dire, worst than McTits along with his subs/team selection. He's blown 25mil on a load of shit (Tankman aside). 4th highest spenders during the summer.

I would also shoot whoever our current defensive coach is. 

Fed up with this now, i'm out. Got a text of a bluenose pal earlier. You know its shit when the scum are feeling sorry for you

Just got back.

Don't even know what to say really. 

There was a passage of play in the second half where we had the ball for a good 2 and a half minutes and we went nowhere. I guess that's a metaphor for what we are as a club. 

Millwall were just as bad as us in all honesty, just a break went for them in the final minute as the ball came back of the bar for a tap in.

Three games in a row since we've turned to shit after Delph has gone off. Never thought I'd say it but he is actually starting to come good. Vlaar at the end looked absolutely distraught too.

One thing that really **** me off was the treatment of Bannan. Booed on and got a shit load of abuse for a shit corner that he didn't even **** take. It was **** disgusting. He was actually one of our best players tonight, if not our best, yet he gets hammered for it. 

Last point: Bent can **** off. Don't care if he scored tonight, he did **** all else. Doesn't challenge for headers, doesn't harry. Yes he puts it in the back of the net when on a plate (which is rarely and he nearly **** it up tonight too) but the bloke is a complete passenger. We're not good enough to have a passenger. We really should be selling him to anyone we can. 

Â