Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Richard

Groundhog day....FFS we need a defensive coach...i'm willing to do it for nowt

We need about 5 coachs mate... and a manager... and an owner... and a ceo... and a director of football.. and a...

**** me will the last person to leave villa park please turn out the god dam **** lights!..

The partys over boys...

We need about 5 coachs mate... and a manager... and an owner... and a ceo... and a director of football.. and a...

**** me will the last person to leave villa park please turn out the god dam **** lights!..

The partys over boys...

You forgot 'new team'.

I think it's fair to say that there isn't much confidence at the club at the moment. I'd think we're a fair reflection of the players right now and quite frankly I'd feel a bit silly if I told you we were definitely going to win this in the second half.

regarding bannans corner, i recognise they are not great, but they are really not as bad as people say.  part of the problem is that no one attacks the ball, they dont make runs, they just stand there and watch as the ball goes past.  easy to defend and easy for a keeper to come and get knowing they are not going to get challenged.  i miss the days when we had laursen, carew and mellberg all taking a run at the ball in - defence and keeper used to shit themselves seeing those 3 charging at them. 

and watch any team, the percentage of corners that actually create good chances are low (unless the team is playing us). most of the time they dont beat the first man, go straight to the keeper or go straight through the box.

and its funny how no ones mentioned westwoods corner tonight that went straight to the opposite corner flag.

regarding bannans corner, i recognise they are not great, but they are really not as bad as people say.  part of the problem is that no one attacks the ball, they dont make runs, they just stand there and watch as the ball goes past.  easy to defend and easy for a keeper to come and get knowing they are not going to get challenged.  i miss the days when we had laursen, carew and mellberg all taking a run at the ball in - defence and keeper used to shit themselves seeing those 3 charging at them. 

and watch any team, the percentage of corners that actually create good chances are low (unless the team is playing us). most of the time they dont beat the first man, go straight to the keeper or go straight through the box.

and its funny how no ones mentioned westwoods corner tonight that went straight to the opposite corner flag.

How can people attack the ball when they don't even land in the god damn penalty area?

Edited by AshVilla