If we didn't sign anyone

PaulTheVillan

I'd hope that Vlaar and Dunne were fit asap and stayed fit. If that was the case we'd be much more organised and solid at the back and it would allow us to go with either Clark or Baker at left back as those being used there now are out of their depth.

It is centre midfield that would still be the major issue. Even with everyone fit our options are shit as none of them are capable of helping to protect the back 4.

Up front we are fine. Lambert doesn't seem to want to play with wide men anyway so no issue there.

Unless we sign at least one centre midfielder then we will go down in my opinion.

Having just one of Dunne or Vlaar will transform our defence. The players we have there are good enough, they just aren't experienced enough and need a leader, a role which either of those players can fill.

Midfield would still be a big worry, but up front we've probably got more quality options than we've had in a long time.

Play Jack Grealish... For once in my life I feel we need some creativity and the likes of Ireland,Bannan and Delph are not hacking it. If we've got a young squad... hey why not ? go younger, as i dont think it could get much worse than it already is.

Throwing the even youngers in at this stage would be disastrous both for the club and for their development.

Throwing the even youngers in at this stage would be disastrous both for the club and for their development.

I'm not saying throw in 11 u18's lol ? i'd put in Jordan Graham, Samir Carruthers, Graham Burke and Jack in the team ( maybe not all at the same time because that would be dangerous ) but as ive said theyre is really nothing to lose because without any signings in january we will be going down. FACT.

I'm not saying throw in 11 u18's lol ? i'd put in Jordan Graham, Samir Carruthers, Graham Burke and Jack in the team ( maybe not all at the same time because that would be dangerous ) but as ive said theyre is really nothing to lose because without any signings in january we will be going down. FACT.

But it really isn't a fact. Get an experienced defender (Vlaar or Dunne) back in the side to organise our defence and we'll stop leaking so many goals. At some point some of the chances we've been getting in our last couple of games will start going in and suddenly we're picking up points again. Yes, our current form is awful, but it's only form and form is only temporary. That's why we don't end the season after 6 games. Problem is Villa fans are so doom and gloom that after a few bad results (and granted, they've been really bad) they forget that we can pick up some form again without replacing the entire squad, board, management, tea lady et al.

-------------------------------Guzan--------------------------------

Lowton-----------Vlaar------------------Dunne-----------Baker

N'Zogbia---------Westwood-------------Delph/Clark----------Holman

---------------------------------Weimann-------------------------

---------------------------------Benteke--------------------------

That would be my team. That would leave you with Given, Lichaj, Bennett, Stevens, Bannan, Herd, Albrighton, Ireland, Gabby, Bent, Bowery to fight for places. Most of who are crap or cannot be bothered. Basically, I think our first team could potentially do a job if they get some confidence back apart from that we would struggle big time.

But it really isn't a fact. Get an experienced defender (Vlaar or Dunne) back in the side to organise our defence and we'll stop leaking so many goals. At some point some of the chances we've been getting in our last couple of games will start going in and suddenly we're picking up points again. Yes, our current form is awful, but it's only form and form is only temporary. That's why we don't end the season after 6 games. Problem is Villa fans are so doom and gloom that after a few bad results (and granted, they've been really bad) they forget that we can pick up some form again without replacing the entire squad, board, management, tea lady et al.

Youre saying that losing to the likes of bradford away, southampton at home and battering's from wigan,tottenham and chelsea is just 'bad form' ? They are three vital games in there. And there is no chance in hell with vlaar OR dunne coming in that it will change everything !?! We would need both of them back aswell as a fair few good signings IMO.

And as you mentioned in a previous post... ' but up front we've probably got more quality options than we've had in a long time ' We would still need creativity and no matter how bad we are at the back you've got to think... that its not as if we have been scoring either ? Therefore we are bad up front and horrendous at the back... in the best league in the world its simply not good enough. Also Mcleish would be assassinated if he was in Lambert's shoes now.

Â