Deadly Doug or Randy Lerner

Ron Burgundy

If you could choose would you swap Randy for Deadly  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Would you swap Randy for Deadly

• Yes
    • No
    • Both choices are so depressing I feel like crying

doug is villa through and through fact but made errors and was probably set in his ways but did build the club up and saved us from bankruptcy i believe, randy on the other hand had delivered as promised built the club up further by ways of investment but has now pulled the purse strings and is no longer prepared to bank roll us, by the looks of things he is no longer willing to spend on big wages so maybe its time for him to sell us like the browns, villa are a big club no matter what anyone says and should be up there amongst the top 6/7 teams thus we should be spending pretty big on wages.. all clubs need a big squad of players when challenging for honours so we are going to have to have people on the bench and in the squad on biggish wages, it cant be done on the cheap..

Don't forget Deadly Doug sold Villa to this incompetent yank and got himself an honorary lifetime position thrown in. He is also attributed with making the stupid remark about us doing really well this season if we stuck with McLeish. The man is not on this planet when it comes to mental agility so neither him nor Lerner are any benefit to AVFC and between them they have inadvertently **** us over big time!

Without Lerner coming in we would have been relegated in 2007. After the David O'Leary debacle, we were pretty much certain relegation fodder.

But to be fair, where we are now is where we were then. And Doug is away with the faries. So out of touch with the modern game it is unthinkable to have him back.

Comparing Lerner at present to HDE in his later years is like having a dog piss up your leg. You can't choose not to get pissed on, you just get to choose whether it is a labrador or a spaniel. They're both pretty much ineffective in their role.

Without Lerner coming in we would have been relegated in 2007. After the David O'Leary debacle, we were pretty much certain relegation fodder.

But to be fair, where we are now is where we were then. And Doug is away with the faries. So out of touch with the modern game it is unthinkable to have him back.

Comparing Lerner at present to HDE in his later years is like having a dog piss up your leg. You can't choose not to get pissed on, you just get to choose whether it is a labrador or a spaniel. They're both pretty much ineffective in their role.

Devon must be a really strange place. Here in Birmingham dogs piss up trees and lamp posts!

:D

I took the third option because i couldn't decide between either.

'Deadly was a bit of a rogue alright but i do remember him in the 'Big Ron' era offering Adkinson more money to spend when we were on a poor run of form. I also remember Ellis finally listening to the fans when we wanted a new striker and Ellis funding the Angel signing out of his own pocket, then stating later that he would never bow to fan pressure again when Angel was struggling to score.

Those are the only pluses i can remember concerning Ellis and the minuses have been already done to death.

Lerner has invested vast sums of his own money in the training facilities and indeed in backing managers but his achilles heel has been his lack of knowledge in running a football club. I believe we would have been in a far better place today if he had employed someone who had that experience from the start and who could have helped the board appoint the right manager.

I suppose if you were harsh and blunt Lerner has now had a hissy fit in not backing the present manager when it is most needed because he is apparently sick of managers wasting money on poor players yet must still be under the assumption that we are still good enough not to be relegated.

It could be stated therefore that both the present and latter chairperson have suffered from the same delusionary pattern of thinking that we are better than we really are. 

Edited by Morpheus

'Deadly was a bit of a rogue alright but i do remember him in the 'Big Ron' era offering Adkinson more money to spend when we were on a poor run of form. I also remember Ellis finally listening to the fans when we wanted a new striker and Ellis funding the Angel signing out of his own pocket,

That's not true. He didn't fund the Angel signing out of his own pocket (under Gregory) He didn't give the club a penny. Never. It's fair enough, but he liked people to think he did. Additionally, BFR had to work and work to get money from Ellis for Dean Saunders.

Lerner has invested vast sums of his own money in the training facilities and indeed in backing managers but his achilles heel has been his lack of knowledge in running a football club. I believe we would have been in a far better place today of he had employed someone who had that experience from the start and who could have helped the board appoint the right manager.

Agreed.

Doug NEVER put his own money into the club. Randy has. For me, whatever shortcomings Lerner has, I'm far more willing to give the benefit of the doubt and wait it out than under Ellis, who only ever took from AVFC. 

If we'd had Lerner with a decent director of football these last few years, we could be in a much better position. 

Edited by Danwichmann

Doug NEVER put his own money into the club. Randy has. For me, whatever shortcomings Lerner has, I'm far more willing to give the benefit of the doubt and wait it out than under Ellis, who only ever took from AVFC. 

If we'd had Lerner with a decent director of football these last few years, we could be in a much better position. 

'If' is such a wonderful word.

Basically what it all boils down to then is if Lerner knew what he was doing and if we had a good manager and if we had a good team we would be better than we are.

If my aunt had a pair of bollocks she would be my uncle!

'If' is such a wonderful word.

Basically what it all boils down to then is if Lerner knew what he was doing and if we had a good manager and if we had a good team we would be better than we are.

If my aunt had a pair of bollocks she would be my uncle!

Oh, the if wasn't meant as any sort of defence or anything. Just to say that the investment Randy put in could have taken us place if (there it is again) it had been much better managed.

My main point was, and remains, Randy put his own money in, Ellis never did.  

Oh, the if wasn't meant as any sort of defence or anything. Just to say that the investment Randy put in could have taken us place if (there it is again) it had been much better managed.

My main point was, and remains, Randy put his own money in, Ellis never did.  

I understand where you are coming from. However, most football fans don't tend to give a toss where the money comes from as long as it is there when it is needed.

Unfortunately it appears that it was there in abundance for the wrong person to spend it and now we are suffering for it big time.

Ellis was never Villa through and through. He had an ego though so when things were bleak he'd open his wallet to drag us out of trouble if only to protect his ego.

Our current custodian is hiding along with his cowardly sidekick Krulak and his nodding dog Faulkner

Edited by Robbie09

That's not true. He didn't fund the Angel signing out of his own pocket (under Gregory) He didn't give the club a penny. Never. It's fair enough, but he liked people to think he did. Additionally, BFR had to work and work to get money from Ellis for Dean Saunders.

Agreed.

Thats actually very interesting blandy. Not doubting you for a moment but i was always under the impression that he did and can remember Ellis stating as such in the tabloids, or it actually being reported that he did say that.

Where did you hear that he didn't use his own money to fund the Angel signing?

It could be stated therefore that both the present and latter chairperson have suffered from the same delusionary pattern of thinking that we are better than we really are. 

Isn't it more that we have not had a chairman with vision for nearly 90 years?

What I am trying to say is that the early management made Villa into top dog but no-one now wants to make the effort to raise up a club - whose record is still, amazingly, that of the Midlands' most outstanding club - into a proper fighting machine to compete with the North and the South. The Midlands now appears to be a no-man's land - it's crying out for Villa to again assert itself.

And Dear Old Uncle Doug would always speak to the press head on - unlike Lerner who sends an employee trained in media work to masquerade as 'ITK' to come onto Villa Talk and spout propaganda - rather than front it himself or tell the man who should be doing it his CEO to get off his arse and answer questions of the media.

Isn't it more that we have not had a chairman with vision for nearly 90 years?

What I am trying to say is that the early management made Villa into top dog but no-one now wants to make the effort to raise up a club - whose record is still, amazingly, that of the Midlands' most outstanding club - into a proper fighting machine to compete with the North and the South. The Midlands now appears to be a no-man's land - it's crying out for Villa to again assert itself.

Cue Arabs desperate to invest in Birmingham and own a big premiership team with large fan base and rich history....

Doug would never ever have employed Alex Mcliesh.

Â