Deadly Doug or Randy Lerner

Ron Burgundy

If you could choose would you swap Randy for Deadly  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Would you swap Randy for Deadly

• Yes
    • No
    • Both choices are so depressing I feel like crying

It has come to a sorry state when this question is something that divides us fans. Randy was never on the Small Heath board, he has put money into the club rather than taken money out of it and he has yet to refer to us fans as being merely the men of the terraces. Deadly took the European Cup winners down in 5 seasons and did all he could to make that and the league title we had gained the season before unmentionable at Villa Park because he was not then at the helm. Randy has been happy to promote our proud history and had offered us a bright future but he now seems to have put profit and loss ahead of what happens on the field as did Deadly. He does not now seem quite the man he was when he took over the club but for me it took us long enough to get the club away from Deadly to even think of having him back.

• Like 1

With Doug, we would definitely have been relegated.

With Randy, we have a chance to be relegated.

With Doug, we would never have had 3x 6th place going forward.

With Randy, we did.

Randy brought back hope and the good times, even if it was only for 4 years.

Ellis brought depression and death by boredom.

I choose to keep Randy.

With Doug, we would definitely have been relegated.

With Randy, we have a chance to be relegated.

With Doug, we would never have had 3x 6th place going forward.

With Randy, we did.

Randy brought back hope and the good times, even if it was only for 4 years.

Ellis brought depression and death by boredom.

I choose to keep Randy.

Lerner has given us our worst ever PL team with the most humiliating defeats in our history. You're welcome to him.

Would you swap Randy for Deadly Doug.

No, as Mike said Ellis was no good. What's the point, even if it were realistic, of replacing the current owner with a bad one?

The current one is responsible for the state of the club. And it's not pretty. It's lacking due care and attention. It's depressing to say it, as we're back where we were 6 or 7 years ago - he improved us for a few years, but since then it looks to me like RL is making many of the same mistakes HDE did in the 80s.

This is a completely pointless poll. Under Ellis we were totally f**** and going nowhere and would probably have gone down under his ownership. He was an awful owner and even if it was possible to go back, I think my love of Villa would be at an end. Lerner did as promised when he took over, invested large sums etc etc but his gamble failed and we are now going nowhere and could go down under his ownership.

The poll asks us to choose between a rock and hard place - Neither is my answer.

Mine too. Both owners were terrible in their own ways.

I read the name of this thread and the first thing that came to mind was that they sounded like two characters from a "Carry On" film. Maybe Ealing Studios could make a modern version of those old films and call it something like Carry On Up Shit Creek or Carry On Killing A Famous Football Club!

No. Sad peooke are voting yes. I unserstand the anger for Randy; but Doug was an abomination. We were going into the championship with doug make no mistake. And his ego was contemptible. As a man Randy trumps Doug entirely. As chairmen at least Randy had a go and did care, perhaps it hurts more that weve seen what Randy is capable of but he dud give us hope excitement and European nights again and he has shown signs of the broader project. Ok the non footballing stuff is easily mocked when were shit and yes above all we want a good team first and foremost, but it displayed an intent of care that still resonates with me. I think he has been naive made some shocking decisions and needs some better advisors and rhe current sityation is really sad and we need some communication thats not bullshit. But i still sense he is desperate to succeed but will not risk ruining us financially. Its fair to then say, but isnt that like Doug and Iwould say yes and no. I think ellis used it as an excuse to never invest once the prices rise, whikst Randy is being ruthlessly realistic/ pragmatic.

Make no mistake, I an angry with Randy for where we are and I hope to god he improves, byr absolutely no way on earth do I want Doug again. Times are grim and we are are af a worse point statistically then when RL took over, I acknowledge thatbut the reasobs dor which are more complex than for ellis.

Â