Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Demitri_C

might as well say it before kick off to get it out of the way and save time...

it was a good cup run whilst it lasted, shame bradford beat us on both accounts, at least we can concentrate on the league now

We've been shit at home for ages now, but I think we'll make it count for something tonight against a div4 side, especially with a full house. At least I hope we would. Midfield still worries me.

And the away goals counting after 120 mins rule is stupid, if it goes to ET they have an extra half hour to score away goals but after all they deserve it frankly, ill give em that

And the away goals counting after 120 mins rule is stupid, if it goes to ET they have an extra half hour to score away goals but after all they deserve it frankly, ill give em that

But on the other hand, we have home advantage for an extra 30 minutes (and for penalties if it comes to it).

I think it evens out though, because you can equally argue we get the advantage of an extra 30 minutes with home support, and we'd get penalties in front of our own crowd if it got there.

edit: damn Danwichmann just beat me too it. and more succinctly too :(

Edited by switters

Losing this won't bode well with our league position or performances.

Agreed, this is a huge game for our remaining league games, the last thing we need is a morale killer that will come with the humiliation of going out tonight. That could really put the last nail in the coffin.

I ask you all, how much would you pay realistically to see Villa get to the final tonight? Whatever that sum is stick it on Bradford to qualify (they're 2/1), then at least you'll double up if we fail.

Bradford's results before and after us...

Bradford 2 - 4 Rochdale

Morecambe 0 - 0 Bradford

Barnet 2 - 0 Bradford

Bradford 3 - 1 Aston Villa

Bradford 1 - 2 Oxford

Crewe 4 - 1 Bradford

How in gods name are we in this position? :blink:

Given, Vlaar [c], Clark, Bennett, Lowton, Ireland, Delph, N'Zogbia, Agbonlahor, Bannan, Benteke

Not a bad team... expecting

--------------------Given

---------------Vlaar-----Clark

Lowton---------------------------Bennett

-----------------Delph

---------Ireland-------Bannan

Gabby----------------------------N'zogbia

---------------Benteke