U.S. Politics

maqroll

22 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Bad day for Republicans and the law

and their attempts to tarnish Biden seems to be falling flat again…

They can’t even produce significant hard evidence of anything unethical never mind illegal…just sounds like more wishful thinking and even then it just sounds like stuff we were told that Jared, Ivanka did on a larger scale when Trump was in office.

Edited by nick76

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

If the Dems were remotely strategic, they'd be having conversations with Governor Pritzker of Illinois. Normal age, midwesterny Middle America persona, he's a billionaire but he comes across as kind of relatable. He's electable.

Governor JB Pritzker official portrait 2019.jpg

I like Michelle Lujan Grisham Governor of New Mexico.

Wicked smart - could the US get it's head around electing a female President?

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Kaitlin was in a no win situation doing that gig.

I was just shocked to see it happened in the first place. I think CNN showed a tremendous amount of restriaint. That could have been a very awkward night for Trump but he got off very lightly.

Can't believe we're in an age where someone can be found guilty of sexually abusing someone and it not completely eviscerate his political career.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

I was just shocked to see it happened in the first place. I think CNN showed a tremendous amount of restriaint. That could have been a very awkward night for Trump but he got off very lightly.

Can't believe we're in an age where someone can be found guilty of sexually abusing someone and it not completely eviscerate his political career.

Even worse that he doubled down on it and the audience of Trump supporters chuckled.

edit: there is chat on social media among legal experts that E Jean Carroll could take the clip from last night, enter a late addition to the court to her case (even though it’s finished) and potentially get extra defamation money from the same case without the need to have a new trial, it would also go to the same judge (Kaplan) for quick summary judgement.  If true, it could be an expensive night for Trump.  Apparently some kind of loophole that can be triggered by her lawyers.

Edited by nick76

11 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

He led an insurrection on Capitol Buildings. 

I simply cannot believe he's still got any chance of any kind of power. It's a sign of how totally insane America is. In past times he would have been executed! 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

He led an insurrection on Capitol Buildings. 

I simply cannot believe he's still got any chance of any kind of power. It's a sign of how totally insane America is. In past times he would have been executed! 

If the Royalist and policing threads are anything to go by  , VT approves of this sort of behaviour and Trump is a hero surely ?   :) 

8 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

If the Royalist and policing threads are anything to go by  , VT approves of this sort of behaviour and Trump is a hero surely ?   :) 

If the insurrectionists were arrested before they stormed the Capitol then maybe ;) 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Protest > Violent Insurrection

18 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

totally normal news show

Wait.....what?  I can directly e-mail my views to Mogg now?

Back in a couple of hours.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Simple but effective response to Trump’s Town Hall

Trump is **** awful so it's not much of a choice, if you aren't massively racist and/or brainwashed but Biden really hasn't done anything to get anyone excited in his term. He's also really pushing the limits of how old a person should be when they're in office. 

53 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Trump is **** awful so it's not much of a choice, if you aren't massively racist and/or brainwashed but Biden really hasn't done anything to get anyone excited in his term. He's also really pushing the limits of how old a person should be when they're in office. 

I think The Inflation reduction Act is a massive thing for USA.

There are enormous amounts of investment flowing into USA, and all for modern, futuristic industries.  They're building up enormous manufacturing capability meaning plenty of jobs and self sufficiency.

It's a massive worry for China because it's helping to balance the global economy away from them for things like Solar Panels, Heat Pumps, EV's, Batteries, Turbines, Chips and all the supply chains that go into those things.

It's a massive worry for us because we're sitting on our hands and doing NOTHING about this.....because we can't.  We've already missed out on the Battery revolution, and we're seeing investment flood away from the UK to USA in respect of all the other things above.  As usual we've got world leading engineering and design in many of those areas but will not ever capitalise on that as the actual construction and profits goes elsewhere.

This is doubly bad for us because it's also a massive worry for the EU who are trying to respond with their own stimulus packages....so what we don't lose to USA we will lose to The EU.

The UK is currently fiddling whilst Rome burns.

In short I think The Inflation Reduction Act Biden has introduced has been an absolute master stroke and will keep US manufacturing at the forefront of the world and make up a lot of lost ground on China in those areas.

Edited by sidcow

12 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Biden really hasn't done anything to get anyone excited in his term

Funny thing is that Biden has accomplished so much and under any other period would be deemed an incredibly successful president but with such a divide in the country, Roe vs Wade overturned, Trump presence and lawsuits, mass shootings it all gets overlooked.  His serious failure is the border issues but he has accomplished so much that is needed for the U.S, it’s impressive but yeah not is seen as “exciting” like real gun reform, federally legalising abortion or something of that ilk.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I think The Inflation reduction Act is a massive thing for USA.

There are enormous amounts of investment flowing into USA, and all for modern, futuristic industries.  They're building up enormous manufacturing capability meaning plenty of jobs and self sufficiency.

It's a massive worry for China because it's helping to balance the global economy away from them for things like Solar Panels, Heat Pumps, EV's, Batteries, Turbines, Chips and all the supply chains that go into those things.

It's a massive worry for us because we're sitting on our hands and doing NOTHING about this.....because we can't.  We've already missed out on the Battery revolution, and we're seeing investment flood away from the UK to USA in respect of all the other things above.  As susual we've got world leading engineering and design in many of those areas but will not ever capitalise on that as the actual construction and profits goes elsewhere.

This is doubly bad for us because it's also a massive worry for the EU who are trying to respond with their own stimulus packages....so what we don't lose to USA we will lose to The EU.

The UK is currently fiddling whilst Rome burns.

In short I think The Inflation Reduction Act Biden has introduced has been an absolute master stroke and will keep US manufacturing at the forefront of the world and make up a lot of lost ground on China in those areas.

I completely agree, it’s massive but some reason it’s not seen as exciting which I don’t see why it hasn’t been lauded more.

• Like 2

Â