U.S. Politics

maqroll

Obama had it on hold. Trump used the pending plans and went with it. IIRC.

You have to wonder, if Obama was so awful, why does Trump keep using his pre-existing 'stuff'.

The list of countries, now this.

Every day for the next x amount of years is going to be dominated of some utterly ridiculous news of things Trump is doing isn't it? 

Now he's going to allow tax-free religious organisations to finance political candidates. Something about that doesn't sit right with me.

Scientology will have Cruise as President soon :lol: 

Edited by PieFacE

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He almost certainly didn't, so why the **** did he approve it? It's almost like he's a reckless, impulsive idiot who's out of his depth.

Either way, I have little interest in defending Obama. The american military are an institution of war criminals, who lie about any civilian casualties if they think they can get away with it. 

it wasn't really about defending Obama , more my take on it , which you also raise in your reply ...

maybe the fact people are so keen on US Politics following Trump's election might mean they will pay attention to events (global not juts US) and find out these things didn't start on Jan 20th but have been mismanaged for decades (or longer)

• Like 1

I think there's some truth in that, there's far more engagement in US politics, both in America and across the globe right now.

In addition, Trump has made a rod for his own back by publicly stating "you have to kill their families". Now, Obama  isn't in the clear on this front either. He targetted a 16 year old boy that was a US citizen, and there were certainly more civilian casualties than the US are willing to acknowledge. There's no forgiving that, IMO, but there's bound to be extra scrutiny of a president voted in after happily stating he'll murder civilians if they're related to people the US think are in, or working with ISIS.

He's lost any way of claiming deaths are unfortunate accidents or unavoidable collateral damage when you could almost hear the bloodlust in his voice when he spoke about how he'd deal with them. I'm sure some Trump supporters will claim it's just him "being honest" again, and that this is somehow a good thing.

Like most things, 'ah but the other guy' doesn't really achieve anything. Trump is doing 'bad things', people have taken notice. Obama got more slack, the issues were noticed less, etc etc... But what does pointing to that in the current climate achieve? People weren't bothered about Obama so they aren't allowed to be now? Trump has a completely free pass until he does something grim that is totally original? Cool, people are hypocrites, what's new?

People understand Obama wasn't whiter than white. I'm sure there was discussion of his drone campaign here for instance. But it changes nothing about Trump's actions. He doesn't have an Obama shaped bullet proof best, criticisn is his regardless.

• Like 2

People saying there wasn't the attention given to Obama's use of drone attacks, I can remember protest groups, a lot of condemnation and off hand at least two movies ('the good kill', and 'eye in the sky') about what a cluster***k it is. 

• Like 2

Regarding Iran, the calculus has changed significantly since the US went and rashly decided to place them under sanctions. This forced Iran to work outside of the $ system, and they now have a large functioning and efficient non-dollar trade relationship with China, and one that I imagine is already at or quite close to being strategically critical for the Chinese (oil, oil, oil). The Iranians may well be aware of this too as they've been none to quiet about their recent missile test and an official stated yesterday/today that they'll be ditching the $ for oil sales. Conspiracy types do like to make a mental note about what happens to previous nations who have done this!

Not to mention the various Russian advisers welded to any Iranian strategic sites to give them a casus belli, should the need arise. Look for them to try get their S400s etc. in there at the first opportunity.

Invading Iran was an acknowledged huge problem during the Bush "the idiot" days, it's an order of magnitude larger "problem" now.

This bloke is the biggest danger to world peace for decades. He definitely , in my opinion , is suffering from NPD , narcissistic personality disorder. He displays all the traits & is so very , very dangerous because of this  . https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

Well, well, well, the loony left don't like discussions or debates so they go trash a free speech university and use physical violence to people who do not agree with them!  They will have to remember when you free the demon (violence), its not that easy to chain it up again.  One thing that also must be mentioned is that all the violence and hatred (which is what it is), is coming from the left and one day the right may push back and use guns as well.  This may lead to some serious carnage on the streets of American cities and the people responsible will not be the right as you can only provoke people so much before the bubble bursts!  Obama has left America more divided than ever before and it is he who will be held accountable, not The Donald!  People need to think about what they say and do in the media and on the streets as blood will surely flow at some point.  One other thing the amount of murders by African Americans on each other is baffling and cannot be blamed on the new administration as it has been getting steadily worse over the previous eight years and has to stop for all concerned!  Black music when i was growing up was all about tamla mowtown, reggae, ska and disco, now look at it, gangsta rap, women "singers" making it all about the crotch/ass!  What on earth do the children make of it?  Also Madonna offering blow jobs to anyone who votes Democrat, what a thing to come out with?  As regards MIlo anyone who takes the time to listen to him will hear constructive and informed dialogue, couple with humour and wit and yes he can say things that are strange, but has he ever said "kill Hilary", or wound up conservatives to go out and riot?  I don't think so!  All this political correctness is also baffling as identifying yourself as being a woman and still having a penis (and vice versa), is ridiculous and is about as sensible as me identifying as being a frog!  To think that Berkeley University used to be a beacon of free speech is incredible.  We all hear things we don't like (I hear enough at the VIlla), but get over it and ignore it, or even laugh its only words!

"Its a beautiful thing!"

1 minute ago, Villaninireland said:

This bloke is the biggest danger to world peace for decades. He definitely , in my opinion , is suffering from NPD , narcissistic personality disorder. He displays all the traits & is so very , very dangerous because of this  . https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

Anyone died yet?

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I think there's some truth in that, there's far more engagement in US politics, both in America and across the globe right now.

In addition, Trump has made a rod for his own back by publicly stating "you have to kill their families". Now, Obama  isn't in the clear on this front either. He targetted a 16 year old boy that was a US citizen, and there were certainly more civilian casualties than the US are willing to acknowledge. There's no forgiving that, IMO, but there's bound to be extra scrutiny of a president voted in after happily stating he'll murder civilians if they're related to people the US think are in, or working with ISIS.

He's lost any way of claiming deaths are unfortunate accidents or unavoidable collateral damage when you could almost hear the bloodlust in his voice when he spoke about how he'd deal with them. I'm sure some Trump supporters will claim it's just him "being honest" again, and that this is somehow a good thing.

I love honest people that say it how it is, instead of politicians who are full of bull****

He actually threatened Mexico by telling their president that he might have to send in the Marines to fight the drug cartels. Can you imagine? War is coming, one way or the other, and I'm not sure the GOP has the balls to stop him.

8 minutes ago, ermie123 said:

Well, well, well, the loony left don't like discussions or debates so they go trash a free speech university and use physical violence to people who do not agree with them!  They will have to remember when you free the demon (violence), its not that easy to chain it up again.  One thing that also must be mentioned is that all the violence and hatred (which is what it is), is coming from the left and one day the right may push back and use guns as well.  This may lead to some serious carnage on the streets of American cities and the people responsible will not be the right as you can only provoke people so much before the bubble bursts!  Obama has left America more divided than ever before and it is he who will be held accountable, not The Donald!  People need to think about what they say and do in the media and on the streets as blood will surely flow at some point.  One other thing the amount of murders by African Americans on each other is baffling and cannot be blamed on the new administration as it has been getting steadily worse over the previous eight years and has to stop for all concerned!  Black music when i was growing up was all about tamla mowtown, reggae, ska and disco, now look at it, gangsta rap, women "singers" making it all about the crotch/ass!  What on earth do the children make of it?  Also Madonna offering blow jobs to anyone who votes Democrat, what a thing to come out with?  As regards MIlo anyone who takes the time to listen to him will hear constructive and informed dialogue, couple with humour and wit and yes he can say things that are strange, but has he ever said "kill Hilary", or wound up conservatives to go out and riot?  I don't think so!  All this political correctness is also baffling as identifying yourself as being a woman and still having a penis (and vice versa), is ridiculous and is about as sensible as me identifying as being a frog!  To think that Berkeley University used to be a beacon of free speech is incredible.  We all hear things we don't like (I hear enough at the VIlla), but get over it and ignore it, or even laugh its only words!

"Its a beautiful thing!"

Free speech university, what? 

So basically you're looking forward to the right bringing out their guns in violence and then placing all the blame on the left? Modern politics is so toxic I swear.

@ermie123 I'm not going to comment on the substance of your comment, but I would ask that you try and help us poor readers by breaking up your longer comments into paragraphs. If you want to be taken seriously, then you must make an effort to communicate with the other side. Applies to all.

• Like 4

Â