U.S. Politics

maqroll

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

8074dde5c987003a80b04bc0b598f391.jpg

This-Nigger-Voted.jpg

The glorious 1950's when mixed race marriage was still illegal?

Or the glorious 1950's when blacks weren't allowed to eat in the same restaurants or piss in the same toilets as white folk?

That's not KKK stuff. that's law.

I'm not picking on you, it's not post on poster, but that sort of thinking where everything would be nicer if it all went back to being a bit like it was, that's turning out to be a real desire for a lot of people. Usually people who had priviledge, or don't actually know what the past was like, or, or I don't know what. i can't get my head around it.

We've all got google. 

Properly pisses me off, people referencing the good old days. 

Mate all that shit is still going on over the other side of the world but not much gets said about that. We are the cavemen though.

15 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Or to even prioritise Muslim refugees over Christians? 

[Citation needed]

Answer the question. What are some good christian values that America should go back to? And specifically under Trump?

5 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Mate where my mum works foreign workers are instantly put on higher wages and get promotion more. They come straight in and are put on more money. 

One anecdote from a family member. Blimey, those foreigners and their 'rights' really surpassed our rights haven't they?

7 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Mate where my mum works foreign workers are instantly put on higher wages and get promotion more. They come straight in and are put on more money. 

Assuming that your anecdote is correct about the place where your mum works, this happens due to 'rights' the foreign workers have to more pay and better promotion prospects? :huh:

What 'rights' are these?

Edited by snowychap

6 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

You've told us about your Mum before Ruge.

If she has a similar reputation at work?..

9 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

8074dde5c987003a80b04bc0b598f391.jpg

This-Nigger-Voted.jpg

The glorious 1950's when mixed race marriage was still illegal?

Or the glorious 1950's when blacks weren't allowed to eat in the same restaurants or piss in the same toilets as white folk?

That's not KKK stuff. that's law.

I'm not picking on you, it's not post on poster, but that sort of thinking where everything would be nicer if it all went back to being a bit like it was, that's turning out to be a real desire for a lot of people. Usually people who had priviledge, or don't actually know what the past was like, or, or I don't know what. i can't get my head around it.

We've all got google. 

Properly pisses me off, people referencing the good old days. 

6 minutes ago, snowychap said:

What on earth does 'throwing too much in to the melting pot' mean?

Why is immigration from Muslim countries a problem that needs need sorting? At least simply in terms of 'reducing numbers'? That sounds less as though it's something about hardening up vetting procedures for security and more like basing immigration on which religion you follow (with the implication that being muslim is somehow anathema to being American).

I'm glad that you have confirmed that your posts come from the position of not holding or being in favour of liberal views. I thoroughly agree that the kind of 'values' that are being espoused in your posts and by the Trump administration appear obviously illiberal.

Conservative Islam has no place in the west. Let's stem the flow because by letting in people from Muslim countries there is an increased security risk. Anyone that thinks otherwise is blind. Don't get mixed up with the conservative quote because we are worlds apart. 

10 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

My first hand experience of foreign workers in the UK, especially those from Eastern Europe is in most cases they work far harder than British workers.

Could explain why they get paid and promoted more?

As an employer why else might you pay them more?

Edited by Genie

57 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

which Christian values do they need to get back to by the way?

Hopefully not the Christian values that justified the genocide of the native population and enslavement of Africans to use as free labor. 

• Like 3

Just now, Xann said:

You've told us about your Mum before Ruge.

If she has a similar reputation at work?..

She's full on racist but it's the truth. She complained the other week about working with a load of people who couldn't speak English. She was the only English speaking person in that group so they moved her to a different part.

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Mate all that shit is still going on over the other side of the world but not much gets said about that. We are the cavemen though.

You're the one saying we should return to the 50's, not sure why the other side of the world is even relevant. That was the 50's. 

• Like 2

Actually no wait. He has a point.

At my previous job, a Greek came in as a first line worker on more money than an English worker we hired at the same time.

It must have been because she was foreign! Not because she had a subsidy for her additional language! Or that she had prior experience! Damn these foreigners and their skills.

6 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Conservative Islam has no place in the west. Let's stem the flow because by letting in people from Muslim countries there is an increased security risk. Anyone that thinks otherwise is blind. Don't get mixed up with the conservative quote because we are worlds apart. 

So your problem is muslims (and any muslim immigration) because they can't be trusted/proved not to be a security risk?

Edited by snowychap

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Not much gets said about it?

What the **** tv and papers are you using?

It's all I'm ever seeing and hearing the troubles in Afghanistan, the shit people in Pakistan have to put up with, the tribal murders in Myanmar, killing female babies,chucking acid at women, female genital mutilation. 

Nobody is saying we are cavemen, don't try and be a victim, it's not a great look. Be the big man.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Conservative Islam is no different from 'traditional Christian values' especially as practiced in the USA circa 1950. The only reason it has no place in the west is because it's practiced by brown people, let's be real.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

She's full on racist but it's the truth. She complained the other week about working with a load of people who couldn't speak English. She was the only English speaking person in that group so they moved her to a different part.

So your only example of foreigners having more rights than natives, is a single anecdote from your 'full on racist' (your words) mother.

I don't know guys, but I think we may need more than that.

Talking about mums, I use mine as a barometer politically.

Very traditional working class, believes papers, not really into politics. Didn't know which way to vote in ref but got swayed by me and my dad towards Remain. She's constantly on at me for talking politics (which I know I do a lot of)

She is fuming about Trump. Absolutely fuming. She wrote a letter to our MP today and she's really angry about it. This is somebody totally bored of any sort of political discussion at home.

If you've got her worked up, you've done something wrong.

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

You're the one saying we should return to the 50's, not sure why the other side of the world is even relevant. That was the 50's. 

Did I say bring back hanging of blacks etc? So the 50s wasn't a good time economically for American people? 

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

Did I say bring back hanging of blacks etc? So the 50s wasn't a good time economically for American people? 

You can just say bring back the booming economy without invoking a time period if that's the case. 

Â