U.S. Politics

maqroll

2 hours ago, peterms said:

Some interesting figures on the changes in incomes for various groups...

Trickle down in full effect, and Trump is looking to take trickle down to new levels.

• Like 1

This is a real crisis-https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/dec/11/intelligence-agencies-cia-donald-trump-russia

“There is not just smoke here. There is a blazing 10-alarm fire, the sirens are wailing, the Russians provided the lighter fluid, and Trump is standing half-burnt and holding a match,” said Glenn Carle, a retired CIA officer and interrogator.

“The facts hurt, Trump won’t like the truth, and he will without question seek to destroy those individuals or organizations that say or do anything that he thinks harm his precious grandiosity.”

“Look, in my professional assessment as an intelligence officer, Trump has a reflexive, defensive, monumentally narcissistic personality, for whom the facts and national interest are irrelevant, and the only thing that counts is whatever gives personal advantage and directs attention to himself.

“He is about the juiciest intelligence target an intelligence office could imagine. He groans with vulnerabilities. He will only work with individuals or entities that agree with him and build him up, and he is a shockingly easy intelligence ‘target’ to manipulate.”

It's been a while since he said this, but it should come as no surprise that he doesn't think intelligence briefings are worthwhile. When asked who he spoke to for advice on on matters of Foreign policy, the man that tens of millions of dumbass americans voted for said this:

“I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things

• Like 1

The ongoing saga with his business interests is hilarious. Last week he's leaving it totally (pull the other one), this week his delaying a statement to explain exactly how he will do that for a month.

You'd be a heinous cynic to think accountants and lawyers are running around trying to work out exactly how he can leave it all totally and also not leave it really at all. Presumably that'll include the hundreds of Russian businesses he forgot about and totally doesn't, and never has, have.

Utter farce. And he's not even in office yet!

20 minutes ago, Chindie said:

this week his delaying a statement to explain exactly how he will do that for a month.

Which was announced last month, which already seemed like an absurd delay. It's by far the longest a president elect has ever gone without giving a press conference after winning the election, 30 something days now, the previous winner was Clinton at 8 days.

The press conference he promised to hold within a fortnight of winning to discuss his wife's immigration status never happened either.

I'm not sure I agree with you that the delay is because his team is busy to make things look even slightly fit and proper, I think he's just doing anything possible to avoid being in the same room as proper journalists until  the electoral college vote.

When (if?) he attends press conferences at the white house, I fully expect him to blacklist any media outlets that are even slightly critical. It'll end up just being him and breitbart in a room.

Edited by Davkaus

On the topic of his press conferences, the last one he held was back in July, in which he said this. It's almost like he's been told to keep his mouth shut. 

“Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,” he said.

“I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press. Let’s see if that happens. That will be next.”

21 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

On the topic of his press conferences, the last one he held was back in July, in which he said this. It's almost like he's been told to keep his mouth shut. 

“Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,” he said.

“I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press. Let’s see if that happens. That will be next.”

I can't get my head around this.

>Calls for Russia to hack Hillary/DNS

>Accusations of Russian involvement comes from many security agencies

>Trump attacks the agencies and says it's all fake

I don't feel like this is the real world anymore. How isn't he being arrested, never mind pre-impeached.

• Like 1

The madness confirmed

President-elect Donald Trump has announced the chief executive of Exxon Mobil, Rex Tillerson, as his choice for US secretary of state.

Mr Trump praised Mr Tillerson in a statement as among the "most accomplished business leaders and international dealmakers" in the world.

Mr Tillerson is said to have a good relationship with Russian President Vladimir Putin, alarming some Republicans.

The nomination needs Senate approval.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38301686?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_breaking&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central

"Drain the swamp"

Â