Playstation 4

hogso

Do any of you guys have insurance for your PS4'S? Just thinking it's been out for a couple of years and I wouldn't want to have to pay for a new one should anything happen to mine.

Oh and does anyone know of a good deal for a controller? One of mine had started to constantly use the r2 trigger.  Very annoying!! 

Insurance? Like against it going faulty? Can you even get insurance like that?

Doesn't Sale of Goods Act cover it for a couple more years or something like that?

SoGA only covers (design) faults. After six months you'll have to prove there is a design fault. The manufacturer's warranty is two years and as they sold you the console as a loss leader, they want you playing games and will go beyond what the law requires to keep you buying games.

If you decide to buy insurance, make sure you understand what you are paying for. You don't want to be waiting 8 weeks while it's away being repaired, even if it's at no cost to you.

I'd be surprised if any insurance policy was worth it.

Anyway, insurance is nothing to do with PS4, so please create a new thread if you want to discuss tech insurance. Probably in the tech room.

They'll tell you it's because of all the new great stuff that it does like the touch pad

The reality is the margin on the ps4 isn't that good, the margin on the games is even less, it's on the first party accessories where they can make money

Same for the likes of GAME etc with the 3rd party unofficial accessories

Just came on to talk controllers (they are indeed expensive), but I wanted to mention how at home I am with the PS controllers. I struggled with the Xbox one - for some reason, even though I have owned an Xbox for a long time (with a small break), I could never remember the buttons! Where-as now with the PS4 I instantly hit the right button with no hesitation, meaning I am of course better at FPS type games now :) - same for most other games too.

Also it's lighter and feels better in my hand than the 360 controller.

I've had every single PS console, so I guess it makes sense to feel more at home with it (although the original PS1 controller now feels weird!).

I'm not liking the PS4 controller. Loved the PS3 controller, but the wiggly sticks (not sure of the official word for them) on the PS4 don't have the cover. So they are really hard and the left wiggly stick is making my left thumb hurt. Especially on games (Far Cry 4) where I have to press down and hold like that to run.

I still can't get over how shit the battery life is in them, tbh. Ok, maybe I shouldn't spend so long playing that I need two controllers so that I can swap between them, but it's my **** holiday, and I'll spend it however I want, ok mum?

• Like 2

I've never been much of a gamer but I have just recently obtained a PS4. I don't think I've played anything since GTAV so need some recommendations. 

I've almost no interest in online play (although I obviously will be checking out Rocket League, given the reception on here) but normally I prefer story-driven games rather than smash and bash. Past favourites have been RDR, GTA, Heavy Rain. What should I be getting now?

You might like Beyond: Two Souls which has recently had a 'HD' release on PS4, it's by the same studio as Heavy Rain, but not as good. If, and pretty much only if, you liked that I'd recommend it. Unless you played it already. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, choffer said:

I've never been much of a gamer but I have just recently obtained a PS4. I don't think I've played anything since GTAV so need some recommendations. 

I've almost no interest in online play (although I obviously will be checking out Rocket League, given the reception on here) but normally I prefer story-driven games rather than smash and bash. Past favourites have been RDR, GTA, Heavy Rain. What should I be getting now?

The Last of Us if you haven't already played it on the PS3.

Far Cry 4 has a decent story for an open-world game.

• Like 1

Grim Fandango is great, humorous, and tough. Proper old school PC 'graphic adventure' tough as well. Of course we can all just Google how to get past sections now, but at the time... 

1 minute ago, hogso said:

Grim Fandango is great, humorous, and tough. Proper old school PC 'graphic adventure' tough as well. Of course we can all just Google how to get past sections now, but at the time... 

I'll give it a go for sure :)

Â