West Ham fans chant 'Hitler's coming for you' at Tottenham crowd

AVFCforever1991

http://tinyurl.com/bupdjvs

Tottenham ended their three-match losing streak with a fine 3-1 win inspired by excellent performances from Jermain Defoe and Gareth Bale. But once again, the match was overshadowed by controversial chants from the opposing supporters.

Just a matter of days after fan Ashley Mills was stabbed in an anti-Semitic attack before Tottenham's game in Rome, West Hamsupporters sang "Viva Lazio", "Can we stab you every week?" and hissed on several occasions, mocking the mass execution of Jews during the Second World War. While the hissing, shamefully, is nothing news Tottenham fans were also subjected to a chant of "Adolf Hitler, he's coming for you."

Both managers were reluctant to comment on the matter afterwards as they said they were not aware of the chants, but the FA are sure to be asked to investigate the conduct of the visiting fans.

"I didn't hear it," West Ham boss Sam Allardyce said. "I don't hear what the fans say or do when I'm concentrating as a manager on a game of football."They shouldn't be doing things like that, it is the least of my worries at the minute isn't it? "What do you want me to say? If I didn't hear it I can't condemn it can I?

"I will wait and look at it myself and make a comment once I have listened to what they have said. "I don't want to be a political animal, I'm here to talk about football and not what fans are saying and singing."

Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas said he did not want the issue to detract attention from what was Tottenham's best home performance of the season.

"I prefer not to mar the performance with a situation like this," the Spurs manager said.

"You know the animosity there is between Tottenham and West Ham and as long as it doesn't reach stupidity it is a great, great rivalry of two London clubs.

"It would be extremely unfair for me to mar the performance of the players but understanding that a couple of situations are avoidable but we can't decipher the true meaning of what they were saying."

Jonathan Liew, the Telegraph's reporter at White Hart Lane, said: "Let us be clear about this. We are not talking about a few isolated crooners here. A significant proportion of West Ham's travelling support participated. The press box at White Hart Lane is roughly 60 yards from the away end. The songs rang out loudly and clearly."

Disgraceful If true.

Nothing new here, but neither set of fans are whiter than white. Spurs fans shouldn't be chanting "Yid Army" any more than West Ham fans should be chanting this kind of thing.

Leave religion out of fooball.

Aren't these the same lot who chant 'yid army' despite most of them not being Jews?

Yes, but that is not a personal attack directed at any west ham Fans.

The WH fans chanted this

Just a matter of days after fan Ashley Mills was stabbed in an anti-Semitic attack before Tottenham's game in Rome, West Hamsupporters sang "Viva Lazio", "Can we stab you every week?"

Can we stab you every week? I mean that's taking it too far.

I know football fans can get caught up in the moment and chant things that they wouldn't chant if they thought about it rationally.

For example, that infamous game when we chanted about Eduardo's broken leg. I'll admit had I been at the game, I might have joined in with those even though they were pretty distatsteful.

But I can honestly say I wouldn't join in with any of these alleged West ham chants. They're way too far, and I'd be embarassed if I was there to be honest.

Yep, this is going too far - Hitler is deceased, it is scientific fact that he can on 'come' for anyone. Unless he is a zombie Hitler like in that film. In which case they should probably have chanted 'Zombie Hitler is coming for you', which then begs the question how would Zombie Hitler travel from where he died, and arose, to Tottenham in London, I mean he is pretty recognisable, even as a zombie.

Tracy Andrews is our friend

is our friend

is our friend

Tracy Andrews is our friend, she kills noses.

Yep. Villa fans can take the moral high ground when it comes to offensive chanting.

These are the same kind of berks that chant "Tracy's coming home" etc. We have them, they have them. I suppose the difference is that they have a lot more. "Can we stab you every week" is just pathetic. What a bunch of knuckledragging rocket polishers.

Ah, the rev posts my exact thinking at the same time. Damn you sir!

All clubs do it. It's **** annoying when people try to take the moral high ground. In about six weeks it's the anniversary of the Munich air crash (I know off the top of my head because the anniversary happens to fall on my birthday) and I'll bet you will be able to find Manchester United fans complaining about distasteful chants being sung by Liverpool supporters. They wont mention that they have been singing songs about Hillsborough for more than twenty years of course.

Steve Hughes - What's wrong with being offended?

All clubs do it. It's **** annoying when people try to take the moral high ground. In about six weeks it's the anniversary of the Munich air crash (I know off the top of my head because the anniversary happens to fall on my birthday) and I'll bet you will be able to find Manchester United fans complaining about distasteful chants being sung by Liverpool supporters. They wont mention that they have been singing songs about Hillsborough for more than twenty years of course.

Steve Hughes - What's wrong with being offended?

Just because Villa are no different in that we have some dick heads who follow the club too doesn't mean we, on this board or wherever cannot be disgusted by this behaviour. Nobody is saying its ok when Villa fans (tiny minority) do it are they? This is a thread about WHU supporters and their appalling behaviour yesterday.

Should the Italian authorities turn a blind eye to the incidents last week because English fans have been known to misbehave themselves in the past?

Tracy Andrews is our friend

is our friend

is our friend

Tracy Andrews is our friend, she kills noses.

Yep. Villa fans can take the moral high ground when it comes to offensive chanting.

I've never chanted that.

So consider my moral ground high.

• Like 1

Just because Villa are no different in that we have some dick heads who follow the club too doesn't mean we, on this board or wherever cannot be disgusted by this behaviour. Nobody is saying its ok when Villa fans (tiny minority) do it are they? This is a thread about WHU supporters and their appalling behaviour yesterday.

Should the Italian authorities turn a blind eye to the incidents last week because English fans have been known to misbehave themselves in the past?

I should probably clarify my position, I don't think it's right and I don't tend to involve myself in such chanting (shit, I didn't even boo Dwight Yorke when he played against us) but the "holier than thou" attitude that pops up every time there is a slightly dodgy chant (Exhibit A) really winds me up. Everybody is so quick to be offended that often harmless stuff gets blown out of all proposition.

Maybe some of the things that West Ham sung yesterday were anti Semitic, or maybe they were just reacting to the fairly high profile spat between Tottenham fans and the Society of Black Lawyers which has been all over the news this month and maybe they were just indulging in a bit of misguided schadenfreude at the expense of the Spurs fan who was stabbed in the cock on Thursday night.

It's not right, I'm not saying that for a second, but do we really need the hand wringing reaction thread every time?

I don't like those 'x is a shithole, I want to go home' chants very much either. Sometimes it is true and I will join in - Swindon is a good recent example. But other times, it is not, so I won't - Norwich. Also 'Geordie Shore is **** shit chant' at Newcastle I sung along to, but 'Ant & Dec are **** shit' I did not, because I think Ant & Dec are actually very talented tbh.

When I first heard the 'woaaa the Tracy Andrews' (to the tune of hokey-cokey), I did not have a clue what it was all about, I had to google it.

Â