West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

The league has said they won't be charging the Albion players.

I'm reminded of an incident with Keith Richards where he walloped a stage invading Japanese fan with a guitar - when questioned afterwards, his answer started "I don't come round to where you work..." it's a bit of a nothing - or at least it should be, the only reason it generates any anger with me is if McMananam then goes on to claim he's been buffeted and assaulted - provided he's not playing both sides, I don't have a massive problem with this - fair play to them - no one was hurt and they've made their point.

The pitch invasion as a whole has been massively overplayed by the press - dancing and joy from four or five thousand people, insults by about twenty and a bit of a surrounding of Fabien Delph. I've yet to see any evidence of Albion players being jostled, there was a bit of goading of the away fans, but nothing that wouldn't have been going on all game from the seats.

Other than the seat throwing - for which I'd expect to see criminal charges and wouldn't be surprised or upset to see some jail time issued out - I think the whole thing could best be filed under celebratory exuberance, understandable after years of dross.

I've a feeling the fine will be very large - which is disappointing. I thought it was a great cup tie, played in a really good atmosphere with fantastic scenes of joy at the end that were marred by a handful of supporters on both sides.

I don't think the WBA players should be charged. Not at all.

BUT, if it had been hyped up that Villa fans had been targeting WBA players and starting aggro then that footage should have been used to show that if anyone was starting anything it was the players.

That's all it was for me. i'm not appalled by the WBA players (in fact I find the Morrison trip quite amusing I'm slightly nervous to admit). It just annoyed me that people were saying the fans were starting on players.

• Like 1

Wow just noticed mcmanaman in that clip.", he actually stops and goes out of his way to barge a couple of villa fans, and we were led to believe that villa fans were to blame! Disgusting, I hope the fa pick up on this, anyway to bring it to their attention?

So the fans who broke the rules and ran onto the pitch are the victims now? Hilarious.
Where have I said that?

When you said the bit about the fans being barged by the players and that the FA should do something

We were led to believe that fans targeted the Wba players and that they were the victims. This clip shows fans being tripped and barged by wba players, not the other way round. Whether the fans should have been there or not is another argument. It's not the first time and it won't be the last time a pitch invasion has happened so I don't think players should start trying to cause agro with fans who lets be honest were only on the pitch to celebrate a result. The problem players have is they think they're untouchable and on this occasion I think they're lucky that those involved didn't have a go back at them.

• Like 1

Wow just noticed mcmanaman in that clip.", he actually stops and goes out of his way to barge a couple of villa fans, and we were led to believe that villa fans were to blame! Disgusting, I hope the fa pick up on this, anyway to bring it to their attention?

So the fans who broke the rules and ran onto the pitch are the victims now? Hilarious.
Where have I said that?
When you said the bit about the fans being barged by the players and that the FA should do something
The fans and players can both be charged. Fans for breaking the rules and the player for barging the fans. He just chose to comment specifically on the latter. But you already knew that.

As Clint Hill once said, if you're in that situation as a player your best best is to 'keep swinging'

Your morals are all kinds of messed up there.

The worst thing about all this, the thing that has spoiled my enjoyment more than anything else is utterly moronic comments like those above from people who I previously had a lot of time for. Turning on their own fans for a little over exuberance.

It has made me sad but hey, we go again!

It can't have taken Brunt and his advisors more than a few minutes to decide what course they were taking after he was charged early on Tuesday morning, so why wait three working days before responding in the last hour or so before he had to respond this evening?

It can't have taken Brunt and his advisors more than a few minutes to decide what course they were taking after he was charged early on Tuesday morning, so why wait three working days before responding in the last hour or so before he had to respond this evening?

What was the response?

Where have I said that?
The fans and players can both be charged. Fans for breaking the rules and the player for barging the fans. He just chose to comment specifically on the latter. But you already knew that.

As Clint Hill once said, if you're in that situation as a player your best best is to 'keep swinging'

Your morals are all kinds of messed up there.

The worst thing about all this, the thing that has spoiled my enjoyment more than anything else is utterly moronic comments like those above from people who I previously had a lot of time for. Turning on their own fans for a little over exuberance.

It has made me sad but hey, we go again!

While I don't 100% agree with it, I'm not on about the guys enjoying the experience by getting on the hallowed turf after the final whistle and savouring the occassion. Just the nobheads (if proven) who did cause any trouble.

My comment was not aimed at you at all Ingram. I think the club should and will be fined and they are right to condemn it. But there is a difference between the club doing so and your fellow fan. 

I thought we were talking solely about what happened after the whistle anyway? I think everyone is in agreement that what happened before was alcohol fueled idiocy. 

What was the response?

Read somewhere that he can play on Saturday and the case will be heard on Monday with the late reply.

What was the response?

Read somewhere that he can play on Saturday and the case will be heard on Monday with the late reply.

I suspected they knew requesting a personal hearing at the last possible hour would mean the charge could not be dealt with before their home game against Stoke. Better to have a first-teamer banned against Man City away than a more winnable game at home to Stoke.

As I said a few pages back Pulisball works perfectly at home but because of the chronic lack of pace in his teams it's next to useless away from home.

Exception was end of last season at Palace when he had Puncheon and Bolaise running amok for a few weeks.

He never goes down though as he realises how simple the formula is to stay in the premier league...e.g. accumulate 30 points from home games so something like 8 wins and 6 draws and then you only  need something like 1 away win and 4 draws over 19 games to stay up so you can lose shed loads of away games and still stay up.

Â